Tua gets the bag - $53M a year

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

People need to go back and watch that game. The Bills crushed them and then crushed themselves with bad turnovers. This was two weeks removed from a teammate dying in front of them. They may have been a bit distracted 

Were they distracted only when miami made it close,  but not when they built a big lead. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, klos63 said:

Wasn't it under 32 degrees for the wild card game when their 3rd stringer almost beat us at home?

Case in point - the near hero that day for the Dolphins -  Skylar Thompson - grew up in Jackson County, Missouri, played for Kansas State.  Plenty of cold and snow.

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Of course they were gonna sign him, that was more than evident. Say what you want about what they think of him but they did drag this out for a reason. I guarantee you this will make things problematic keeping talent around, including if not especially Tyreek Hill

Did Green Bay drag out the Love negotiations too? 

3 days into camp, which Tua participated in,  is not dragging it out. 

He was already under contract. This isn't unusual. 

Just now, dpberr said:

Case in point - the near hero that day for the Dolphins -  Skylar Thompson - grew up in Jackson County, Missouri, played for Kansas State.  Plenty of cold and snow.

Again,  the post I replied to stated that the entire team folds in child weather.  That's what I was referring to.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

167 million guaranteed is the biggest mistake in NFL history

Book it

Russell Wilson trade and deal with the Broncos was definitely the biggest mistake and it's not close.  Even if Tua doesn't play another down for the Dolphins, the Broncos still win that award.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Were they distracted only when miami made it close,  but not when they built a big lead. 

It was less distraction than dominating them, getting complacent and letting them back in the game.  They made it close...but still lost.

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm fine with that, as I came in later.  I searched on Tua, foolishly thinking that his name would be in the title somewhere....

Oh I don't get my panties in a bunch over new threads like some others.  I do like to gamble.  You should bet against your thread!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Did Green Bay drag out the Love negotiations too? 

3 days into camp, which Tua participated in,  is not dragging it out. 

He was already under contract. This isn't unusual. 

Again,  the post I replied to stated that the entire team folds in child weather.  That's what I was referring to.

What are you worried about? You keep saying oh, be careful. He is good. Look out! What are you basing it on?

His 7-14 record vs winning teams? His 6 TD to 7 INT split vs Buffalo? Congrats to Miami on signing the Carolina world beater. He has insanely talented WR's, like the best in the NFL. Is that what you meant by "he performs well in a system"? If the best he can do is hit a 10-15 yard dig or slant and hope his WR's fluff his numbers while being undersized and limited it really doesn't matter.

Borderline QB in every regard and you haven't put up a cent of data besides "look out" to justify your opinions. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

What are you worried about? You keep saying oh, be careful. He is good. Look out! What are you basing it on?

His 7-14 record vs winning teams? His 6 TD to 7 INT split vs Buffalo? Congrats to Miami on signing the Carolina world beater. He has insanely talented WR's, like the best in the NFL. Is that what you meant by "he performs well in a system"? If the best he can do is hit a 10-15 yard dig or slant and hope his WR's fluff his numbers while being undersized and limited it really doesn't matter.

Borderline QB in every regard and you haven't put up a cent of data besides "look out" to justify your opinions. 

He led the league and yards and threw 29 TDs.  I get that he’s got great weapons around him, but those numbers have to count for something.  

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Tyreek wants more money too. I think this is it. Tua 53, Waddle 28 and Hill 18 (and will want more)... that is almost 100 million on 3 players with 155 million for the rest.

What’s wrong with that?  Teams don’t fail because they pay stars too much.  They fail because they can’t draft stars and wind up overpaying JAGs.  Whatever Maxx Crosby and Davanta Adam’s make, their contracts aren’t what’s holding the Raiders back.  Those guys are earning their keep.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

This hurts the Fish, so good! Tua is good, but not elite. Now they'll have a lot less for other top players. The only downside is the future price tag for Josh. People like to point ou how Mahomes has SB rings and Josh can't even get there. Now look at Tua and the money he got...

Tua is good when he plays teams that go for all the nonsense and misdirection they run because it opens up big windows for him to throw into so he doesn't have to try and fit balls into tight windows which he has issues with due to lack of arm strength.

What happens when he plays good defenses tho is they jam the WRs at the line, force him to come off his first read and force him to beat them with tight window throws.

No surprise he usually falls on his face because you are forcing him to play to his weakness rather than his strength.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Did I say ' look out'?

I know it's blasphemous to not constantly see this as a positive for Buffalo,  but I see no reason to feel giddy about it like so many on here feel. 

He's improved every season,  only in 5th this coming year.  No reason to believe he can't maintain our even get better.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Billl said:

He led the league and yards and threw 29 TDs.  I get that he’s got great weapons around him, but those numbers have to count for something.  

image.thumb.png.333a529870081938d00e003c4ce0b94d.png

This is what it's good for last year

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

He's a system QB that severely limits the upside of that team. Evident by the Dolphins 7-14 record vs winning teams in games he starts. This is a win for the AFC east. 

I’m surprised he even has 7 such wins. Think he only had one (Dallas) all of last season.