Tua gets the bag - $53M a year

3 hours ago, hellofellowbillsfans said:

Nothing is better than watching a division rival in QB purgatory

So not worth that kinda money, but the good news is they are stuck with the little guy for the next four years, 

3 hours ago, klos63 said:

Wasn't it under 32 degrees for the wild card game when their 3rd stringer almost beat us at home?

People need to go back and watch that game. The Bills crushed them and then crushed themselves with bad turnovers. This was two weeks removed from a teammate dying in front of them. They may have been a bit distracted 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

If the front office didn't value him,  they wouldn't have signed him.  

Being a 4 year deal,  I think does say something about their thoughts on him,  they think he's the best option for them the next few seasons, he'll get Hill's final elite seasons then that can move on if necessary. 

Of course they were gonna sign him, that was more than evident. Say what you want about what they think of him but they did drag this out for a reason. I guarantee you this will make things problematic keeping talent around, including if not especially Tyreek Hill

12 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

People need to go back and watch that game. The Bills crushed them and then crushed themselves with bad turnovers. This was two weeks removed from a teammate dying in front of them. They may have been a bit distracted 

We were a zombie team at that point, and the two wins after the Cincy game really speak more to how bad the Pats and Phins were falling apart in order to lose to a team that had nothing left in the tank and didnt want to be on the field.  We sleepwalked through those games before finally getting put to bed by the Bengals.

• Agree 1

One of the reasons Beane signed Allen early was to get  cap space leverage for a few years. I'm hoping he doesn't give it away. I would like to see Beane use that cap space to build a Super Bowl team around Allen. I hoping Allen feels the same way.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, gjv said:

One of the reasons Beane signed Allen early was to get  cap space leverage for a few years. I'm hoping he doesn't give it away. I would like to see Beane use that cap space to build a Super Bowl team around Allen. I hoping Allen feels the same way.

Miller's contract is the cap killer, not Allen's.  If we wait too long to extend him, the number could get to $65M/yr.  Lock him up now like you did before and reap the savings.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

If the temperature gets below 40 degrees, Tua simply isn't affective. Lot of wasted money and it will handcuff the Dolphins for a number of years.

Let us hope

• Like (+1) 1

Why does this remind me of when we extended Fitz?

And why do I really hope that is the case for the Fins...  well... nevermind.  I know that answer.

Edited by The Wiz

Congratulations to the young man.   People keep under estimating Tua.  He is a very accurate passer and has a lot of weapons and a OC who can use their speed.    Tua is also often let down by Miami's poor defense. 

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Day isn’t over

Post of the day lol 😆

4 hours ago, Logic said:

This is it in a nutshell.

If the script is going well or the coordinator is out-coaching the opposition, then Tua is gangbusters.

When the chips are down, backs are against the wall, or the script isn't going as planned, Tua doesn't seem to have a "next level" he can access (a la Josh Allen) to take over games and steal victory from the jaws of defeat.

It's why, in my opinion, the Dolphins will continue to win 10+ games and make the playoffs, but never go far beyond that. The elite QBs in the 2024 NFL can take over games by themselves, and I just don't see Tua as that guy.

I agree here and I think he was fortunate last year not getting hurt. I Won't believe he isn't injury prone until I see him rattle off a couple years of staying healthy. I think he got rid of the ball much quicker last year. Now teams will adjust to that. How will he respond