QB2 is a problem and has been ignored for years

13 hours ago, Milanos Milano said:

Of course, but I’m talking about developing a later round QB in order to be a serviceable backup and a capital gain return. 

People talk about this notion of “flipping” a QB for a gain.  Have you not seen what even borderline starting QB’s get back in trades?  Justin Fields (1st rounder—6th back in a trade), Mac Jones (1st rounder- 4th back), Trey Lance (1st rounder - 4th back). 

What are the odds that our guy would even get on the field to show that he’s decent in time to trade him? 
is Garoppalo the only one in recent history that actually would fit this scenario? And he was pretty much a wash (drafted round 2, traded for a round 2 pick). 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Milanos Milano said:

A GM should be making sure that holes are plug with competent replacements. If controversy arises, you just trade away the slightly lesser talent with more picks. 

Giving up a ton of losses if your stars go down for any amount of time is unacceptable. 

It’s not lucky, the GM did his job in finding competent backups. 

Ok, I’ll bite.  Who do you think they could have that is any better than Trubisky?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

So, if you put someone on ignore, do their threads still show up? 

No, but if someone not on ignore replies to them than the original post is shown.

I quickly move on not reading the reply.

I'm a strong proponent of not feeding the trolls for that reason!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Now that Allen has some kind of developing ankle issue, we have no answer if he goes down for any amount of time. Mitch is not a viable backup. We should have drafted a 2nd or 3rd round QB to have groomed for difficult moments. People will say this is not a legitimate worry, but Allen relies on movement in the pocket and out of the pocket. He lives on his ankles. Ankles already being taped up and with a full work load every single week will just add to that stress. 

I mean look at how much it bothered him at the end of practice. Threw like 50 interceptions.

We don't even have a decent backup long snapper. Who is running this team??? 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Haha (+1) 3

A GM should be making sure that holes are plug with competent replacements. If controversy arises, you just trade away the slightly lesser talent with more picks. 

Giving up a ton of losses if your stars go down for any amount of time is unacceptable. 

Huh?

One of the best teams in the NFL under Beane and McDermott at having depth, and coaching up the next in line to be ready to step in.

Is this a hater posting this, if one were to examine their previous posts?  It certainly has that quality-- just throwing some irrational nonsense against the wall, with no basis in reality and a ridiculous attack on a team leader.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Milanos Milano said:

You hate Allen why would you care? 

How did such a ridiculous thread get to six pages?

Our backup QB, Mitch Trubisky has started 57 games in his seven-year career, with a 31-21 W-L record. And our third stringer, Shane Buechele has been making great throws in TC. That should really be the end of the discussion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Ok, I’ll bite.  Who do you think they could have that is any better than Trubisky?

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You hate Allen why would you care? 

53 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

How did such a ridiculous thread get to six pages?

Our backup QB, Mitch Trubisky has started 57 games in his seven-year career, with a 31-21 W-L record. And our third stringer, Shane Buechele has been making great throws in TC. That should really be the end of the discussion.

It's called ragebait. There's a funny bit that gets passed around IT circles that if you want a fast answer to your question on the internet is to post your question then create an account and post an answer to your question that is incredibly wrong. Your question alone might never get an answer, but with a really bad answer.. it will get 100 good ones.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Please Save me the trouble of searching multiple threads and sources…what’s this about Allen’s ankle?
First I’ve heard there’s an issue. 

edit: searched, found reference to Josh getting ankle taped.  
BFD. 
Some of you are the biggest hand-wringing worry wart pansies.

These are tough men, running around, twisting, jumping, etc. 

There will be tweaks, strains, sprains, and boo-boos. A good portion of the players get their ankles taped before hitting the field, just for added support. 
But sure, let’s panic because Josh had his ankle taped during a no-pads practice. 🙄

People are so clueless it's astounding. And I'm sure the poster has never played sports in his life, even as a kid.

• Agree 1

Let’s stop responding, here, so the thread doesn’t keep bumping.  The stupid Chiefs haven’t drafter a QB since Mahomes.  I’d hate for a Chiefs message boarder to find the error.

Thank you for your interest in Two Bills Drive.

Unfortunately we are currently operating at full capacity, but feel free to reapply next decade in case one of our available troll positions has come open.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Simon locked this topic