QB2 is a problem and has been ignored for years

1 hour ago, Milanos Milano said:

Now that Allen has some kind of developing ankle issue, we have no answer if he goes down for any amount of time. Mitch is not a viable backup. We should have drafted a 2nd or 3rd round QB to have groomed for difficult moments. People will say this is not a legitimate worry, but Allen relies on movement in the pocket and out of the pocket. He lives on his ankles. Ankles already being taped up and with a full work load every single week will just add to that stress. 

I mean look at how much it bothered him at the end of practice. Threw like 50 interceptions. 

What team has a backup SB (Bills goal) QB though?? 

I count zero but you can enlighten me I guess...

56 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

I would have drafted a QB in the 3rd last year. 

You might want to delete this comment if you ever want be a GM in the near future. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Milanos Milano said:

Now that Allen has some kind of developing ankle issue, we have no answer if he goes down for any amount of time. Mitch is not a viable backup. We should have drafted a 2nd or 3rd round QB to have groomed for difficult moments. People will say this is not a legitimate worry, but Allen relies on movement in the pocket and out of the pocket. He lives on his ankles. Ankles already being taped up and with a full work load every single week will just add to that stress. 

I mean look at how much it bothered him at the end of practice. Threw like 50 interceptions. 

I saw you put this in the other thread, thought you were joking….unfortunately I was wrong 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

What team has a backup SB (Bills goal) QB though?? 

I count zero but you can enlighten me I guess...

That is unlikely. 

Love the blatant alarmism with the “developing an ankle issue” phrasing. As if Allen is breaking down and developing some sort of chronic condition when there is absolutely zero evidence of that. He turned it and got it taped up. Hit the freaking panic button. 

the trolls here used to be more subtle.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question.  How can you possibly say that? He has never played a meaningful snap in Buffalo.

Let's hope Allen continues to be an iron man and Trubisky never has to play a meaningful snap. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Milanos Milano said:

You’re overthinking it.  He’s just nicked it up and you go immediately that we don’t have a competent backup.  I’ll remind you Allen has the most consistent starts since 2018 since he cam in the league.  It’s not even close.  That man is as tough as nails.   It was a total of 88 consecutive starts back to 2018, week 12.

Edited by machine gun kelly

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

The Bills were lucky to have Frank Reich around if Kelly got injured.

For that to happen again, an awful lot of stars have to align. 

For that to happen again, we would have to get rid of the CBA and modern NFL as we know it. We had Kelly/Reich before there was Free Agency and the Salary Cap, and before it was a passing league that prioritizes and pays QBs above all others.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I don't think Trubisky is terrible in our offense as QB2, the Steelers offense was just awful all over.

Exactly...he's worlds better than the likes of Keenun, Kyle A. and Barkley.  Is he a top 5 backup...no, but he can get ya a couple games if 17 goes down?  Eventually we'll draft a 5th round guy, we just haven't gotten around to it yet.

42 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Let's hope Allen continues to be an iron man and Trubisky never has to play a meaningful snap. 

Amen 🙏 

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly...he's worlds better than the likes of Keenun, Kyle A. and Barkley.  Is he a top 5 backup...no, but he can get ya a couple games if 17 goes down?  Eventually we'll draft a 5th round guy, we just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Pure speculation 

He was benched in Pittsburgh for a guy so bad they got rid of him too

Right or wrong QB2 is just a calculated risk you have to take. 

If Allen misses even two games the season is lost. Hell the season was almost lost when he was playing with a sore shoulder.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question.  How can you possibly say that? He has never played a meaningful snap in Buffalo.

The real ones remember his historic play action rollout scamper for 20 yards two years ago.

legendary

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Love the blatant alarmism with the “developing an ankle issue” phrasing. As if Allen is breaking down and developing some sort of chronic condition when there is absolutely zero evidence of that. He turned it and got it taped up. Hit the freaking panic button. 

the trolls here used to be more subtle.

I actually heard through my sources that Allen died from his ankle problem 2 days ago and it's been a weekend at Bernie's situation

• Haha (+1) 1