QB2 is a problem and has been ignored for years

Our offense fits very intelligent or physically talented QB's. The option routes provide dozens of outcomes each play. It's great if a QB can anticipate all the breaks like Brady could but it also work well for a really gifted QB as it allows you to "see it" to some extent. So long as the QB has great arm strength like Mitch does this can be a very good fit. If it was Case Keenum who had very little time to learn the nuances of the system and does not have physical talent sure, I would say you have a point. As it stands if the unthinkable happens I have no doubt Mitch can win us some games in our system.     

• Thank you (+1) 1

Who cares? If Allen goes down our chances of winning a Super Bowl go to near Zero.  

I'd rather get a higher draft pick in all honesty than win meaningless games.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Young was signaled to be Montana's replacement. You want to draft Josh's replacement now? 

The track record of running QBs isn't great long term. It wouldn't be the dumbest thing to draft and develop guys every couple of years. If you need them you have them, if not you trade them away a la Jimmy G.

14 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I think Trubisky has some game in him. I believe he could eek out a win if he had to go in for 2 or 3. 

I'd have to agree.  He's a plus athlete, with a solid arm.  Has started 57 games in the NFL.  Completion percentage is right around 64%, averages about 180 yards passing a gaem, his TD and INT%'s aren't terrible.  I honestly thought he'd be a better fit with Pittsburgh when he signed there, but they had probably the worst play caller in the NFL and problems up front.  

You can do a LOT worse than this guy.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Agree 2

Trubisky is no where near as bad as most here think.

You think Brandon Beane is in  search of sheety Quarterbacks?

I think not...

• Agree 1