Tua gets the bag - $53M a year

58 minutes ago, juno999 said:

Bills fans think this is a great thing for the Dolphins.  I mean Tua has beaten Allen two times head to head.  The heat game and the Charles Clay dropped TD game.  This is great for Tua.

Ryan Tannehill played the Clay game.  Tua has beaten the Bills once.  They have owned him in every other game.  (Including that one really). That is hardly cause for shriveled genitalia if you are the Bills or a Bills fan.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This hurts the Fish, so good! Tua is good, but not elite. Now they'll have a lot less for other top players. The only downside is the future price tag for Josh. People like to point ou how Mahomes has SB rings and Josh can't even get there. Now look at Tua and the money he got...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, juno999 said:

Bills fans think this is a great thing for the Dolphins.  I mean Tua has beaten Allen two times head to head.  The heat game and the Charles Clay dropped TD game.  This is great for Tua.

As pointed out, once.

And the stat lines from the heat game:

Josh 42/63 400yds 2TDs, 8 carries for 50yds rushing

Tua 13/18 186yds 1TD

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/07/26/tua-tagovailoa-contract-extension-completed-by-miami-dolphins/73413368007/

Tua backed up the Brinks truck, getting $53M/yr from the Fish.  4 year, $212M extension, $167GTD.  Josh gonna get 6 year $350M, $200M GTD at least....  At $42M, Josh is WAY underpaid.  Let's hope Pegs remedies that soon.

Allen will get his money. Let’s hope it’s not for a few more years.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

He's a pretty damn good qb. They have a tremendous offense.  I would much prefer if they didn't sign him

It's crazy that Bills fans think this is a bad thing for the Dolphins. 

He's a system QB that severely limits the upside of that team. Evident by the Dolphins 7-14 record vs winning teams in games he starts. This is a win for the AFC east. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

He's a system QB that severely limits the upside of that team. Evident by the Dolphins 7-14 record vs winning teams in games he starts. This is a win for the AFC east. 

He's in the system that is designed around his skill set.

The system works well. 

I know everyone looks at the NFL through buffalo colored glasses, but the dolphins have a tremendously dangerous offense.  

I understand the questions about Tua, but it's quite possible he can improve. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

We don't even know who our starting safeties are going to be, and they'll have to deal with Hill and Waddle, I'm not jumping for joy today like most here. 

Edited by klos63
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

McDermott has struggled against QBs ranging from Mahomes and Burrow to shlubs like Mac Jones, Sklyer Thompson, Zach Wilson, and Easton friggin Stick.

The ONE QB he absolutely owns and has figured out is Tua.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I searched, didn't see one.

Reaction Eye Roll GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

You must have missed it Noonan 😀

Teasing, almost that time of year for that post 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

The whole team folds in cold weather.

I don't know. I think they have played well, but haven't gotten over the hump yet.  Saying the whole team folds in cold weather is akin to saying the Bills fold in divisional playoff games.  I still believe it's just a matter of time, not that we CAN'T win a divisional game.

Edit- I think I attributed the quote to the wrong person. Sorry, Klos!

Edited by RangerDave

3 hours ago, hellofellowbillsfans said:

Nothing is better than watching a division rival in QB purgatory

Remember when we couldn't even have one of our QB's get to the purgatory level for 20+ years? 🫤

7 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

I don't know. I think they have played well, but haven't gotten over the hump yet.  Saying the whole team folds in cold weather is akin to saying the Bills fold in divisional playoff games.  I still believe it's just a matter of time, not that we CAN'T win a divisional game.

Edit- I think I attributed the quote to the wrong person. Sorry, Klos!

Haha, I was just thinking...I never said that! 

🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, klos63 said:

Of course there's risk,  but what other option did they have.  When healthy,  he's a top QB in a dynamic offense.

The injury risk isn’t the only issue with Tua. Is he worth all that money when it comes to late season performance? If their FO regarded Tua the way you have, it wouldn’t have taken this long for a deal. All he’s got so far is barely making the playoffs and blowing a division title leading by 3 games

Edited by buffalo2218

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

The injury risk isn’t the only issue with Tua. Is he worth all that money when it comes to late season performance? If their FO regarded Tua the way you have, it wouldn’t have taken this long for a deal. All he’s got so far a barely making the playoffs and blowing a division title leading by 3 games

If the front office didn't value him,  they wouldn't have signed him.  

Being a 4 year deal,  I think does say something about their thoughts on him,  they think he's the best option for them the next few seasons, he'll get Hill's final elite seasons then that can move on if necessary. 

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

McDermott has struggled against QBs ranging from Mahomes and Burrow to shlubs like Mac Jones, Sklyer Thompson, Zach Wilson, and Easton friggin Stick.

The ONE QB he absolutely owns and has figured out is Tua.

He depends on timing routes and we disrupt that with our zone. It's disrupted further when they play on the road. 

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He's in the system that is designed around his skill set.

The system works well. 

I know everyone looks at the NFL through buffalo colored glasses, but the dolphins have a tremendously dangerous offense.  

I understand the questions about Tua, but it's quite possible he can improve. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

We don't even know who our starting safeties are going to be, and they'll have to deal with Hill and Waddle, I'm not jumping for joy today like most here. 

He has a career sub 80 rating against us in a huge sample of games. In this context it's much better to know what we will get vs the potential of an unknown. It would make me way more nervous to have Miami land a player like CJ Stroud. This guarantees it won't happen.  

image.thumb.png.f275612b85261805fdab9469da59134d.png

• Like (+1) 1