Tua gets the bag - $53M a year

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Wasn't it under 32 degrees for the wild card game when their 3rd stringer almost beat us at home?

Where was Tua for that game?  

😋

I don’t hate the guy, in fact I’m glad he got paid. He can be effective, but he’s also physically limited and fragile. 

Edited by Augie

6 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

and 8th in the AFC.

Im not sure what choice Miami really had here.  Their window is now, and the alternatives are probably a downgrade from Tua.  4 Years is actually a manageable term.  IMO if Tyreek Hill ever gets injured, that offense is going to short-circuit in an epic way.

May Day, yeah.  They had to do it.  They simply had no real other choice.

We'll see.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He's had one good game against us in seven starts (1-6) with 6 TD's, 7 INT's, 207 ypg, and a 77.4 passer rating.  It's not just against us but against any decent defense.  This is a time for celebration.

Yeah, and it's not just against the Bills.  Their offense averages about twice as many points against losing teams as winning teams.  They tend to struggle against good teams.  It's much like the complaint about the Bills defense.

39 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He's a pretty damn good qb. They have a tremendous offense.  I would much prefer if they didn't sign him

It's crazy that Bills fans think this is a bad thing for the Dolphins. 

I think he needs a damn good supporting cast though, and this hamstrings that aspect a bit. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Allen’s more of a dual threat find a way to win qb though…tua if he doesn’t have mismatches all over the field doesn’t seem like he can carry the offense. Their offense seems to trade off winning every game they’re supposed to for losing nearly every game to an equally talented or better team

just can’t imagine them really being competitive in the playoffs paying him that money. 

Most teams in the playoffs pay that kind of money to a qb, they can still field a solid team

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Where was Tua for that game?  

😋

I don’t hate the guy, in fact I’m glad he got paid. He can be effective, but he’s also physically limited and fragile. 

He was hurt,  but the post I replied to mentioned that the whole team folds in cold weather

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

I think he needs a damn good supporting cast though, and this hamstrings that aspect a bit. 

I think all qbs need a strong supporting cast.  Tua has one. 

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think all qbs need a strong supporting cast.  Tua has one. 

I guess I'll push a bit more: I don't think Tua can carry lesser rosters like elite QBs can. But he's not a bad QB by any means, and they currently have talent (that will be harder to retain in the future).

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I guess I'll push a bit more: I don't think Tua can carry lesser rosters like elite QBs can. But he's not a bad QB by any means, and they currently have talent (that will be harder to retain in the future).

They'll have the same cap issues many top teams have.  Look at our purge this last off season. 

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He was hurt,  but the post I replied to mentioned that the whole team folds in cold weather

I realized that. I was mostly kidding, but that is one of my concerns with giving him that much money, especially guaranteed. He was out with a concussion, again. If he’s my QB I hate to get hamstrung with no options to get out if things go south for him, again. 

It's interesting to me that he only took a 4 year deal, and here's why:

We are seeing the NFL salary cap grow YoY exponentially in ways we haven't seen before.  Similar to the NBA, you see players wanting only 2-4 year deals, knowing they cap will be a lot higher when they are a FA again, and they bet on themselves to stay relevant and healthy.  For Tua, he could be hoping to get a 70 mil per deal in 4 years, which seems to be where these QB contracts are trending.

If this is the case, I'm curious to see how it affects teams ability to create dynasty's as other teams will have more opportunities to poach players.

56 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think it's a good thing for the Bills when our opponents have crappy QB's, like the Patriots the last few seasons,  the Jets forever...

nah it keeps them drafting high. I want them in QB purgatory where they win enough to be drafting 15-20 each year

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

If the temperature gets below 95 degrees or it's overcast and the visitor's sideline isn't a massive fireball or the Dolphins are playing on the road or the Dolphins are playing a playoff contending team, Tua simply isn't effective. Lot of wasted money and it will handcuff the Dolphins for a number of years.

FIFY.

• Haha (+1) 2