Tua gets the bag - $53M a year

2 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Allen will almost assuredly be extended/sign a new deal in the offseason. First to get him back in line with the top QBs, and second to reduce this hit 

And the dolphins can do the same in a couple years.  

11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He's a pretty damn good qb. They have a tremendous offense.  I would much prefer if they didn't sign him

It's crazy that Bills fans think this is a bad thing for the Dolphins. 

it's not a bad thing for the dolphins but it is a great thing for the Bills

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, hellofellowbillsfans said:

it's not a bad thing for the dolphins but it is a great thing for the Bills

I think it's a good thing for the Bills when our opponents have crappy QB's, like the Patriots the last few seasons,  the Jets forever...

Love it from a Bills perspective.  That's a lot of money for Mr. Just September All-Pro.

Stupid from a Dolphins perspective.  They need a quarterback that can perform in cold weather.  Hell, they need a whole team that doesn't curl up in the fetal position once it hits 32 degrees.

• Like (+1) 1

He is not a franchise QB. If teams had to redraft from the current pool of QB's, how many would be taken before Tua? Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Stroud, Prescott, Jackson? Probably even Hurts, Love, Lawrence, and Purdy? Plus you have some old guys who are better than him like Rogers and Stafford. So, I don't belive he can be categorized as a franchise QB. He is a decent QB, but not a franchise QB.

PFF ranked him 14th!

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-2024-nfl-season

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Love it from a Bills perspective.  That's a lot of money for Mr. Just September All-Pro.

Stupid from a Dolphins perspective.  They need a quarterback that can perform in cold weather.  Hell, they need a whole team that doesn't curl up in the fetal position once it hits 32 degrees.

Wasn't it under 32 degrees for the wild card game when their 3rd stringer almost beat us at home?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

Wasn't it under 32 degrees for the wild card game when their 3rd stringer almost beat us at home?

Yes, but that was more the Bills shooting themselves in the foot. The way that game started it looked like Bills were heading towards a blowout win. Then they got sloppy with the turnovers which allowed the Dolphins to get back in the game.

18 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Of course there's risk,  but what other option did they have.  When healthy,  he's a top QB in a dynamic offense.

Top is a stretch there imo…I think he’s a solid qb in a dynamic offense making top qb money which will cause the offense to get a little less dynamic over time probably lol  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2024/1/5/24026177/dolphins-bills-tua-tagovailoa-future-nfl-playoffs-afc-east

An article from before the second Bills-Dolphins game last year, explaining that Tua performs worse the later it is in games, and performs worse the later it is in the season.

He's Mr September. Unless and until he can become Mr December, I will continue not to worry too much about him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, hellofellowbillsfans said:

Looks like a whopping $167mil guaranteed too. They have so much cap tied up in like four players

Tyreek is looking for 1 too lmao, terrible contract management by their gm

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2024/1/5/24026177/dolphins-bills-tua-tagovailoa-future-nfl-playoffs-afc-east

An article from before the second Bills-Dolphins game last year, explaining that Tua performs worse the later it is in games, and performs worse the later it is in the season.

He's Mr September. Unless and until he can become Mr December, I will continue not to worry too much about him.

I think the teams with better defensive personnel caught on to what the dolphins were doing as the year went on and tua just doesn’t have another gear he can go to 

their schedule always seems to have an easy stretch in the middle which builds the tua hype 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Allen has a $60 million cap hit next year.  I guess we're screwed too. 

Most good teams have qbs with huge contracts. Somehow,  they manage to keep a lot of their players.  

It’s not just the QB, they have TWO HUGE WR contracts as well (and Hill is wanting even more now that Waddle got a new deal). We do not even have one huge WR deal, though dead cap from Diggs is not nothing. That was my point. You can only have a handful of mega-contracts, and theirs are related to throwing or catching the ball. Tua may be broken again if they can’t afford a solid OLine.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think it's a good thing for the Bills when our opponents have crappy QB's, like the Patriots the last few seasons,  the Jets forever...

He's had one good game against us in seven starts (1-6) with 6 TD's, 7 INT's, 207 ypg, and a 77.4 passer rating.  It's not just against us but against any decent defense.  This is a time for celebration.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

He is not a franchise QB. If teams had to redraft from the current pool of QB's, how many would be taken before Tua? Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Stroud, Prescott, Jackson? Probably even Hurts, Love, Lawrence, and Purdy? Plus you have some old guys who are better than him like Rogers and Stafford. So, I don't belive he can be categorized as a franchise QB. He is a decent QB, but not a franchise QB.

PFF ranked him 14th!

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-2024-nfl-season

and 8th in the AFC.

Im not sure what choice Miami really had here.  Their window is now, and the alternatives are probably a downgrade from Tua.  4 Years is actually a manageable term.  IMO if Tyreek Hill ever gets injured, that offense is going to short-circuit in an epic way.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Allen has a $60 million cap hit next year.  I guess we're screwed too. 

Most good teams have qbs with huge contracts. Somehow,  they manage to keep a lot of their players.  

Allen’s more of a dual threat find a way to win qb though…tua if he doesn’t have mismatches all over the field doesn’t seem like he can carry the offense. Their offense seems to trade off winning every game they’re supposed to for losing nearly every game to an equally talented or better team

just can’t imagine them really being competitive in the playoffs paying him that money. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

I was hoping he'd get 6 yrs

Yeah 4 years isn't very long for a Franchise QBs contract, though to be fair with his health history it makes sense even if they do believe in him I guess thought it could be an indicator that they don't but remembered his head injuries and that makes more sense.