Kamala Harris: Marxist Border Czar, Proposes Government Price Controls, Will Censor "Misinformation"

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-positions-more-like-communism-capitalism-jeffrey-sonnenfeld-warns-1916280

The Yale professor, who has previously served as a private liaison between business and political leaders, including Trump and Democratic incumbent President Joe Biden, said CEOs are "overwhelmed by worries" about a second Trump presidency.

"The MAGA [Make America Great Again] die-hard voices that have Mr. Trump's ear often share more in common with the far left than with the traditional Republican Party," Sonnefeld wrote in his opinion article titled, "I Know What America's Leading C.E.O.s Really Think of Donald Trump.""Mr. Trump and his team are doubling down on some of his most anti-business instincts, including proposing draconian universal 10 percent tariffs on all imports; unorthodox monetary and fiscal policies, including stripping the Federal Reserve Board of its independence; possibly putting in place yield curve control to force interest rates lower; and devaluing the dollar—all of which would drive inflation much higher. These Trump positions share more in common with Karl Marx than Adam Smith."

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

10 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

ahaha this commie stuff is great.

til im living in a communist country! oh boy! all hail dictator trudeau! im sure when he inevitably loses the next election he will refuse to step down and we will be happy about it.

Beautiful strawman dude.

The POLICIES that Trudeau, Kamala want to implement are undeniably commie authoritarian.

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Beautiful strawman dude.

The POLICIES that Trudeau, Kamala want to implement are undeniably commie authoritarian.

ahahah yeah, "look out! commies!" isnt a strawman itself at all. i do admit it is funny though.

the policies are roughly the same as they have been for years and years. nothing new. but please do continue i need a good laugh each morn.

1 minute ago, dickleyjones said:

ahahah yeah, "look out! commies!" isnt a strawman itself at all. i do admit it is funny though.

the policies are roughly the same as they have been for years and years. nothing new. but please do continue i need a good laugh each morn.

Keep that head in the sand right where they want it.

The same policies they've "roughly" always had. :lol:

Except now even the msm don't like them.

10 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Keep that head in the sand right where they want it.

The same policies they've "roughly" always had. :lol:

Except now even the msm don't like them.

we don't have much sand, but we do have snow. too cold to put my head in though and plus im too busy being afraid of great leader trudeau to have time for that.

as for the policies, im not even saying i think they are a good idea. but i am saying they are not communist.

im canada, first time home buyers seems to favour the higher earning middle class who dont need it as much. although i have friends who benefited directly which is nice. a real meh policy on the whole. still, most here agree that the corporatization of real estate has been negative for us.

price fixing has helped tremendously on our cell phone plans prices. we were being gouged (highest cost in the world i think). at the same time our grocers, mostly owned by like three families nationwide, have all been found guilty of price collusion etc. some have had to pay consumers (we all got like $25 for a bread price fixing scandal lol) but most continue to get away with it because launching countless lawsuits just doesnt happen around here.

anyways i understand you don't like the policies. i think they probably dont do much ie are prefomative. but to call them communist lol i dont know why but the more i see it the funnier I think it is. 

• Agree 1

Kamunism.

vice-president-kamala-harris-speaks-8785

Kamala Harris unveils economic plan

— including a whopping $1.7T in handouts,

federal ban on grocery store ‘price gouging’

By Diana Glebova, Josh Christenson and Victoria Churchill

RALEIGH, North Carolina — Vice President Kamala Harris on Friday unveiled the economic policies she would enact in her first 100 days in office — and it comes with a whopping estimated $1.7 trillion in handouts, as well as government price controls on groceries amid ravaging Biden-Harris administration inflation.

https://nypost.com/2024/08/16/us-news/kamala-harris-unveils-economic-plan-including-a-whopping-1-7t-in-handouts-fed-ban-on-grocery-store-price-gouging/

4 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

ahaha this commie stuff is great.

til im living in a communist country! oh boy! all hail dictator trudeau! im sure when he inevitably loses the next election he will refuse to step down and we will be happy about it.

Good post. Thank you. 

Reliable WaPo going off-script. Fascinating. 

4 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

we don't have much sand, but we do have snow. too cold to put my head in though and plus im too busy being afraid of great leader trudeau to have time for that.

as for the policies, im not even saying i think they are a good idea. but i am saying they are not communist.

im canada, first time home buyers seems to favour the higher earning middle class who dont need it as much. although i have friends who benefited directly which is nice. a real meh policy on the whole. still, most here agree that the corporatization of real estate has been negative for us.

price fixing has helped tremendously on our cell phone plans prices. we were being gouged (highest cost in the world i think). at the same time our grocers, mostly owned by like three families nationwide, have all been found guilty of price collusion etc. some have had to pay consumers (we all got like $25 for a bread price fixing scandal lol) but most continue to get away with it because launching countless lawsuits just doesnt happen around here.

anyways i understand you don't like the policies. i think they probably dont do much ie are prefomative. but to call them communist lol i dont know why but the more i see it the funnier I think it is. 

Government price fixing is communist. Particularly with food prices.

Period.

Keep laughing all you want, but you're wrong.

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Government price fixing is communist. Particularly with food prices.

Period.

Keep laughing all you want, but you're wrong.

if that's all it takes you guys were communists back in ww2. 

or heck, before that even with minimum wage. or breaking up monopolies.

so i guess by that standard this means Roosevelt was your OG communist? i really dont know here, genuine question.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

What do you mean by “the middle class…who don’t need it as much.”?  

As for cell phones, this article from 2023 suggests $74 per month v $60 in the States.  Is that after the gouging was addressed?  Also, I always wonder what the impact of taxation is on your monthly bill (before or after).   Back before we used VoI for our office phones, my bill was around $400 per month, but nearly $90 of that was tax/surcharge/fee.