Vegas baby Vegas

Teddy KGB

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Pretty girls serving grapes….. the good old days.  🤣 I moved to St George Utah and I’m working out by Zion National Park.  Such a beautiful place.  If you’ve never been, I recommend.  Zion is a 2.5 hour from drive from Vegas.  

Surprisingly never been to the Grand Canyon.  If I go on vacation it’s to chill on the beach or watch the Bills.  🏖️ 

When my wife was pregnant we did a big circle road trip starting and ending in Vegas. Drove through St George / Zion and wow, it was beautiful. Had a Camaro convertible so got some great views of the scenery. Have not been back but it’s on the list to get back and actually spend some time there hiking. 

We loved that trip. After passing through Zion we spent nights in Page, AZ and did a boat tour below the glen canyon dam. Continued onto South Rim area of the Grand Canyon for a couple days then shot down to Sedona for 3-4 days at a really nice resort outside town in Boynton Canyon. Shot over to Jerome for a day trip then back to Vegas with a stop at the Hoover dam. 

I love everything out west and would be content to stay out there forever driving around and exploring. We have a small condo out near Glacier National Park so that’s the plan for retirement (assuming the world hasn’t fully imploded by then).  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

When my wife was pregnant we did a big circle road trip starting and ending in Vegas. Drove through St George / Zion and wow, it was beautiful. Had a Camaro convertible so got some great views of the scenery. Have not been back but it’s on the list to get back and actually spend some time there hiking. 

We loved that trip. After passing through Zion we spent nights in Page, AZ and did a boat tour below the glen canyon dam. Continued onto South Rim area of the Grand Canyon for a couple days then shot down to Sedona for 3-4 days at a really nice resort outside town in Boynton Canyon. Shot over to Jerome for a day trip then back to Vegas with a stop at the Hoover dam. 

I love everything out west and would be content to stay out there forever driving around and exploring. We have a small condo out near Glacier National Park so that’s the plan for retirement (assuming the world hasn’t fully imploded by then).  

Nice trip-  I’m sure you took in some amazing sites for your memory bank.  The magic of the mountains.  Driving through Zion, the sites look like paintings- almost too beautiful to be real.  

confrats on your place near Glacier!  I haven’t been up there yet but I’ve heard is gorgeous.  Hopefully you’re 55+ otherwise, there’s little chance of retiring before the implosion! 🤣 😢 

On 7/25/2024 at 11:24 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Going this weekend, staying at the Fountainebleu 

Havent been in a decade.   

what are the “must see’s” ? 

only thing locked up is drinks by the pool on Sat, Oscars steakhouse at the plaza (good choice ?) and some burlesque show Sat night at the Flamingo 

If you end up downtown, grab a Detroit Pepperoni slice at Pizza Rock. 

Mob Museum downtown.

Omega Mart at Meow Wolf.

Drive through Red Rock Canyon.

Punk Rock museum. 

If you do go downtown, hope you don't mind the smell of cannabis. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Agree 1

On 7/27/2024 at 6:54 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

If you do go downtown, hope you don't mind the smell of cannabis. 

hit the cookies outlet last night, thought 10mg edibles were super low dose so I ate 4.    Boy I was wrong.   

It’s been an awesome trip, drinks by the pool at fountain bleau is elite, I’m up 4800, burlesque show at flamingo was awesome 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

They have a 1989 Pontiac Fiero with Whitesnake in the tape deck for $39.95

That works. As long as it's not a 1971 Ford Pinto with an 8-track of "Light my Fire" by the Doors. 

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Final tally ^ 6k   Brought 4100 home after shopping steakhouses and 43.00 drinks by the pool 🥴

Can’t wait to try it again at the end of Sept 

congrats!  What were you playing?  I once won 5K in one hand of Caribbean Stud in Punta Cana.  Paid for almost my entire trip.  I suspect you were at the hold ‘em tables though….

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

congrats!  What were you playing?  I once won 5K in one hand of Caribbean Stud in Punta Cana.  Paid for almost my entire trip.  I suspect you were at the hold ‘em tables though….

plus 4k roulette at fountainebleu 

plus 1k poker at Bellagio (not a lot of poker because I have the future wife with me) 

plus 1k slots at fountainebleu 

Its nice not caring about the 3-400 steakhouse bills 

some here say Vegas ain’t for them, the restaurants and bars at the Fontainebleau are insane and worth visiting. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1