Vegas baby Vegas

Teddy KGB

Going this weekend, staying at the Fountainebleu 

Havent been in a decade.   

what are the “must see’s” ? 

only thing locked up is drinks by the pool on Sat, Oscars steakhouse at the plaza (good choice ?) and some burlesque show Sat night at the Flamingo 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Irv said:

My wife and I did a helicopter tour over the Hoover Dam and landing on the rim of the Grand Canyon.  It also included a tour over the strip.  It was really good.  

Maverick Helicopter Tours

So you’re saying that you and your wife are rimmers?

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So you’re saying that you and your wife are rimmers?

he should be on the other tour where you pay 900 to join the mile high club while the pilot wears “noise cancelling headphones” 🥴😝

I always see what comics or live music might be playing when we're in town. If nothing grabs your attention, people watching is always fun.

I went with a group of 5 to vegas a few years back. We played, Hooker/not a Hooker at a few of the lobby bars on the strip. Quite fun. The bartenders would point out the really expensive ones that we would never guess were pros.

Edited by qwksilver

7 hours ago, Irv said:

Lot of homeless and dope everywhere.  Still really fun place to give your money away!!  

Thanks for that. Seriously. Like I said, been wanting to go, but, wife friends told her it’s not what it used to be for the reasons you mentioned. They said it felt uncomfortable.

Can add it to the list of no go backs. So glad I did the California big cities trips long ago.

3 hours ago, US Egg said:

Thanks for that. Seriously. Like I said, been wanting to go, but, wife friends told her it’s not what it used to be for the reasons you mentioned. They said it felt uncomfortable.

Can add it to the list of no go backs. So glad I did the California big cities trips long ago.

I’m pretty good at the stern no’s and keep walking past 

these people are everywhere now 

• Like (+1) 1

I kind of hated Vegas the last time I visited in the summer time.  Just too hot to enjoy anything.  The one thing that I did enjoy was eating a crap ton of edibles and going to see the Cirque du soliel Beatles show.  I went bc my wife really wanted to see it, but it ended up being incredible.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/25/2024 at 4:06 PM, Irv said:

My wife and I did a helicopter tour over the Hoover Dam and landing on the rim of the Grand Canyon.  It also included a tour over the strip.  It was really good.  

Maverick Helicopter Tours

We did that helicopter trip on our first visit to Vegas many years ago. More recently we went a few days earlier than we needed to for work and stayed with old friends who live on a golf course with a view of the strip. 

They picked us up from the airport and had a surprise for us…..a helicopter trip into the canyon….again. They were so tickled (and generous, because it ain’t cheap) that we never had the heart to admit we had done it before. I do highly recommend it. 

I understand what @Johnny Hammersticks is talking about, the heat can be a killer! I literally caught myself holding my breath until I go to the next mister along the sidewalk in front of the hotel. It’s too hot to even sit by the pool by 11am, but the pretty girls bringing frozen grapes probably kept me there longer than I otherwise would have stayed.  😋

I think we should page @NewEra for this one. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

We did that helicopter trip on our first visit to Vegas many years ago. More recently we went a few days earlier than we needed to for work and stayed with old friends who live on a golf course with a view of the strip. 

They picked us up from the airport and had a surprise for us…..a helicopter trip into the canyon….again. They were so tickled (and generous, because it ain’t cheap) that we never had the heart to admit we had done it before. I do highly recommend it. 

I understand what @Johnny Hammersticks is talking about, the heat can be a killer! I literally caught myself holding my breath until I go to the next mister along the sidewalk in front of the hotel. It’s too hot to even sit by the pool by 11am, but the pretty girls bringing frozen grapes probably kept me there longer than I otherwise would have stayed.  😋

I think we should page @NewEra for this one. 

Pretty girls serving grapes….. the good old days.  🤣 I moved to St George Utah and I’m working out by Zion National Park.  Such a beautiful place.  If you’ve never been, I recommend.  Zion is a 2.5 hour from drive from Vegas.  

Surprisingly never been to the Grand Canyon.  If I go on vacation it’s to chill on the beach or watch the Bills.  🏖️ 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Pretty girls serving grapes….. the good old days.  🤣 I moved to St George Utah and I’m working out by Zion National Park.  Such a beautiful place.  If you’ve never been, I recommend.  Zion is a 2.5 hour from drive from Vegas.  

Surprisingly never been to the Grand Canyon.  If I go on vacation it’s to chill on the beach or watch the Bills.  🏖️ 

We lived in a beach resort community (Hilton Head Island, SC), and we went to Boston and Stowe, VT in February for our honeymoon. Vacation is for doing something different. We head for the NC mountains tomorrow. 

Bills games on the road give me an excuse to see new stuff, one more benefit of being a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

So wait... What are you saying? Things your wife usually picks aren't incredible?

They just never wanna do the fun guy things!

I meant that “performance art” stuff like CdS and Blue Man Group isn’t usually my thing.  😂 

Butt head.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I meant that “performance art” stuff like CdS and Blue Man Group isn’t usually my thing.  😂 

Butt head.

😏 

True story... I got a message on my answering machine years ago. They knew my first name and were thanking me for a great performance @ Blue Man Group in Chicago the night before. 😆 I almost died listening to it.  I make a lot of improvised sounds, but I never appeared in the cast of Blue Man. 😞 

I took it as a great compliment 

• Like (+1) 1