Kim Pegula is Attending Practice Today

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

*****, that was rough to watch.  It's crazy to think how this can happen to anyone in the blink of an eye.  I'm happy she was able to make it out to the practices and it's great to see the team embrace her.  I really liked the trajectory she was on with the team and all the good things she was doing for the city of Buffalo.  

Really is bittersweet.  Was ready and waiting to see her again and at the same time it really hits hard to see how much she has gone through.  I can't even imagine how some of the players feel that have been there since they knew her before the incident feel regarding her condition.

Easier said then done but try to cherish every day.   Just don’t know what can happen next.  Out of nowhere my wife had a subarachnoid hemorrhage when she was 47.   She was healthy as a horse.  Luckily she came through it eventually without issues other than low energy in the evening.

Very nice to see Kim out and about!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

For someone who doesn't know about this stuff (and hopefully never has to), is there any hope of her getting back to being her old self in the near future? Or is this pretty much baseline for her now?

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

For someone who doesn't know about this stuff (and hopefully never has to), is there any hope of her getting back to being her old self in the near future? Or is this pretty much baseline for her now?

Not a Dr but i do have experience with this type of thing. Improving can happen but it happens slowly and in baby steps. I would say that she got up an walked and did the Bills 123 is significant improvement over last year when she was just in the SUV. Like I said I am not a Dr and none of us know what exactly the issue is. I think all we can do is pray she continues to improve but brain injuries can be tough. But she seems determined to be the best she can be. God Bless her.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, QB Bills said:

1 hour ago, JP51 said:

Not a Dr but i do have experience with this type of thing. Improving can happen but it happens slowly and in baby steps. I would say that she got up an walked and did the Bills 123 is significant improvement over last year when she was just in the SUV. Like I said I am not a Dr and none of us know what exactly the issue is. I think all we can do is pray she continues to improve but brain injuries can be tough. But she seems determined to be the best she can be. God Bless her.

That fact that Terry had her ruled in incapacitated and he is now her guardian doesn't bode well for the likelihood much improvement IMO.  Like JP51 stated, there may be some improvement, but probably not substantial.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

That fact that Terry had her ruled in incapacitated and he is now her guardian doesn't bode well for the likelihood much improvement IMO.  Like JP51 stated, there may be some improvement, but probably not substantial.

We won’t know for a long time. Healthcare/science/medicine is improving every day. She’s made it this far, and it’s good to see her around. Let’s just hope she continues to feel better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

He likely declared her incapacitated for legal and medical reasons - it makes his decisions he needs to make upon her less time consuming.  I have an adult disabled daughter who at 25 needed to be declared independent so she can have health insurance and SSA but my wife needs to be her guardian and needs to make some decisions  for her because she cannot.  Hopefully when she gets better these tags will be removed and someday she may be doing same for Terry.

• Like (+1) 3

She is probably thrilled to be there. Any improvement gives you  the impetus to improve even more. When I had my stroke 10 years ago, I remember laying in ICU  wondering if i would ever get any better.  

Recently when my kidney function was going down, I had no energy and still had a lot of boxes to unpack from moving in in October 2012. Two months after my transplant in February, I started having more energy than I have had several years. Now everything is unpacked clean, and where it is supposed to be.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2024 at 11:04 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I saw her yesterday.  It was very, very sad.  Maybe one day medical science and technology will offer solutions to those who endure what she's going through.  In the meantime, my reaction when seeing her was one of sadness, "there but for the Grace of God go I," and all the money in the world can't buy certain things.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I saw her yesterday.  It was very, very sad.  Maybe one day medical science and technology will offer solutions to those who endure what she's going through.  In the meantime, my reaction when seeing her was one of sadness, "there but for the Grace of God go I," and all the money in the world can't buy certain things.  

So she attended the game?

Yeah knowing the impact Kim has made on the team, it really sucked knowing something was wrong. I didnt want to lose her. Obviously I dont know or have ever met her but just as a face of the organization.

Glad to know shes a part of things in whatever way she can be. Im rooting for because I do believe she had to be part of the team going in the right direction. 

I never spoke on it just because Im never the right person for that but I really hope she finds her way into the mix again. Its cool to see news like this.

Edited by Lfod