Training Camp 7/25

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is why I was telling people yesterday not to sleep on Hollins when some saw that MVS got some run with the 1’s.  Both Allen and the coaches love Hollins and he is not only a credible receiver, but he does all the dirty work too like blocking and going all out every play.  

It’s also why I said Hollins is directly in Claypools way, so if Claypool wants to climb the depth chart he first has to find a way to get ahead of Hollins…which won’t be easy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is why I was telling people yesterday not to sleep on Hollins when some saw that MVS got some run with the 1’s.  Both Allen and the coaches love Hollins and he is not only a credible receiver, but he does all the dirty work too like blocking and going all out every play.  

It’s also why I said Hollins is directly in Claypools way, so if Claypool wants to climb the depth chart he first has to find a way to get ahead of Hollins…which won’t be easy.

I think we keep 6 WRs, especially if Claypool shows he's a capable S/T player.

But agree on Hollins, he'll be a core S/T and likely used in the old Kumerow role.

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at how well the offense seems to be coming along. All sorts of qualifiers apply: it's training camp, it's two days in, pads aren't on etc, but if you were to ask me post OTAs what I'd need to see in training camp it would have been something like:

-No regression in the O line.

-more motion and condensed formations in play design 

-Curtis Samuel as a dual threat 

-Coleman making progress on route running and reading defenses 

-Signs of life from the pool of journeymen WRs

And so far we've seen signs of all of those

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Makes you wonder why Beane guaranteed $1.5m to him if I'm not mistaken

Same.  I think that was his worst

move this offseason

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Makes you wonder why Beane guaranteed $1.5m to him if I'm not mistaken

Not only is Dan Quessenberry still in the league, we was re-signed by the Vikings.  That says all there is to say about how desperate the league tackle situation is.  Makes sense to familiarize Collins with the system in case of an emergency similar to what happened at the linebacker position last year.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

I hope so-  I appreciate Spencer browns improvement and play- but I don’t want to pay a RT (with back issues) 18M+

I cant agree here

If he plays well he should remain a Bill.

And that should be the focus.

Everyone has a budget , but not for me to project how to manage Bills monies next year :)

I often see your point and do agree. Not on this this one.

Nail down the center next year with the draft pick from this year 

Keep  C. T. at RG and save the cash at LG with a cheaper vet

We have seen what happens with poor protection at RT plenty enough thank you very much  😋

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

With all of the personnel they have, I’m going to be really disappointed if Gilliam sees the field a lot this year 

If he is on the team  ? I hope they find some weekend matchups with him to exploit :D

16 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Is there anyone on here that knows why Milano has to wear the black leg wrap on his right leg that he broke And what it actually does

Basically a compression sleeve.  Super common, helps with swelling/inflammation, circulation, a little extra stability.  

Encouraging he is full-go for 2 straight days.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Joe Brady is going to be an NFL head coach soon,  could be as early as next year.  I think he’s great.

Next man (err, coach) up! Unfortunately an OC’s success virtual guarantees a departure, understandably.

3 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

I think we keep 6 WRs, especially if Claypool shows he's a capable S/T player.

But agree on Hollins, he'll be a core S/T and likely used in the old Kumerow role.

I just hope there's a path where Claypool makes the 53.  His poor motivation/attitude history gives him a low floor but that size and talent is there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1