Training Camp 7/25

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

I could be upset at this because the offense is losing reps, or happy that the defense is winning them. Training camp is strange for fans.

You want to see them both have their moments.  It’s good to see the D adjust and make some plays and the offense do the same.  If one side dominates all camp it generally means the other side may have some issues

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Updates from Matt Parrino:

A few more updates:

Big changes for today were safety Mike Edwards with the first-team defense over Damar Hamlin and Dawuane Smoot getting some runs with the 1s. I still didn't feel like Smoot popped much. I'll continue to watch him closely over the next few days. I wasn't overly impressed with Javon Soloman today as I zeroed in on him a bit more. He got swallowed up while rushing against backup tight end Tre' McKitty on one play, which is discouraging. I feel if he can't win with speed it'll be a challenge for him, but no pads yet so deep breath. Edwards had a great stop on a pass to James Cook while being held by David Edwards. Nice pursuit.

Mack Hollins showed up today and had a couple big time grabs. He had one from Allen and 2 from Trubisky. The best one came later in practice that went down the right sideline and may have gone for a touchdown in a game. Hollins is looming as a legitimate guy for this offense. Joe Brady raved about him today and said he's his favorite person he's ever known. Hyperbole for sure, but that's high praise from the OC. He's tough and he has great blocking.

I think Kameron Cline has been my favorite depth edge rusher of camp so far. He had a really nice rush today against Ryan VanDemark. Smoot did have what would have been a close sack on a rush against RVDM, but he didn't flash much during his first team reps for me. DeWayne Carter moved up to the second team today and recorded a sack working against La'el Collins.

Collins looked terrible today at tackle. I think his only chance to make the roster is at guard but I'll give an updated take when we see 1-on-1s and the pads come on. His feet are a mess out wide and any speed around the edge and he's toast.

Damar Hamlin recorded a sack on Trubisky blitzing off the edge on one play.

Watch out now for rookie English sensation Travis Clayton. I thought he held his own really well today on the third team working at right tackle. He shut down a blitzing safety on one play, which stood out because he's still picking up the details of the game. Great footwork on the play and he looks so athletic.

Te'Cory Couch and Keni-H Lovely keep making plays. Both had pass breakups on the day.

Greg Rousseau had a pass breakup and Ed Oliver had what would have been a TFL on a James Cook. Mid-season form for those two.

I haven't been very impressed with Casey Toohill early. He got shut down on a rush today by rookie tackle Tylan Grable, which is good for the youngster but a troubling sign for Toohill. The issue here is I think the Bills really want to use him on special teams because of his size and speed. Something I'm watching closely in the preseason.

Trubisky connected on a touchdown to Quintin Morris late in practice. Cam Lewis went down on the play but returned later on.

Dawson Knox had a couple catches but one troubling drop on the day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not SJF turkey burgers. Universal love.

Except for PETA - and turkeys

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Mack Hollins showed up today and had a couple big time grabs. He had one from Allen and 2 from Trubisky. The best one came later in practice that went down the right sideline and may have gone for a touchdown in a game. Hollins is looming as a legitimate guy for this offense. Joe Brady raved about him today and said he's his favorite person he's ever known.

That's pretty high praise lol

To a person every interview I've seen where Hollins name comes up players/coaches gush about him.  Can he marry my daughter?

Edited by stevewin

22 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

If Coleman is playing so much slot where is Shakir lining up ?

Wondering if they will move Coleman to the slot and Shakir outside

There were lots of bunch formations used today. Sometimes Shakir would have been the "Z" there but mind you the formations were in very tight.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

They’re going to be moving around all season imo- including lots of bunch sets

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, akcash said:

There was a lot of one tight end and Reggie Gilliaam, 2 wrs, and one RB today.

With all of the personnel they have, I’m going to be really disappointed if Gilliam sees the field a lot this year 

45 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think Brady's intention is to get both players comfortable playing inside or out and then to use their flexibility to create mismatches for the defense to have to deal with.  I expect the same with Curtis Samuel, except with Samuel, defenses will also have to cope with him lining up in the backfield too.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Didn't he have an acl tear? Either way, not looking good so far.

Yeah, ACL and MCL which cost him 2023. He’s only 30 which is not that old for an OL but that’s a tough injury to come back from 

• Like (+1) 1

USATSI_23812744.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Josh Allen: Acting Chops, Chemistry With The Offense & The Alpha Dog WRs

Bills QB Josh Allen joined One Bills Live following day 2 of training camp. He discussed his offseason acting endeavors, the chemistry the offense has early on in camp, and his evaluation of the wide receiver group on the roster. He went on to share his thoughts on the guys in front of him along the offensive line, the difference in the offense under Joe Brady, and the next step with second year TE Dalton Kincaid. Finally, they played a fun lightning round with the Bills QB and asked him a variety of off the field questions.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Listening to the radio made it sound like Josh got hurt when they checked in with sal but it was apparently an amazing throw to Samuel and Sal was just awestruck. 

Scared the hell out of me.

I think this was the play in question. 

Granted its only practice but it is hard not to feel good about these sorts of comments.