Training Camp 7/25

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Practice was fun today. Nice cooler temps out there!

My players of the day at WR were - Hollins, Samuel, Coleman (was having a great day all over the field early but turned into just a good day when he fumbled after a reception later on).

MVS made some nice shorter possession route grabs

Ray Davis has great burst and a real nice first cut

Tough to judge either line out there in no pads.

Josh was on point with accuracy in a pretty decent breeze out there.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 8

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

It's not a participation trophy motto. It's a do your job to the best of your abilities motto. 

I don't even think it is that. It is a "throw the ball to the open guy"/"Make them defend everybody" motto. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Van Demark is going to be our starting RT after this year.  Brown is a FA next year?

I hope so-  I appreciate Spencer browns improvement and play- but I don’t want to pay a RT (with back issues) 18M+

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I loved the Samuel signing but I was getting a bit nervous that his name hadn't really been mentioned in OTAs. Glad to see the vision for his role in the offense is coming into focus. He's a true x-factor the likes of which we've never had in the Josh Allen era.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I loved the Samuel signing but I was getting a bit nervous that his name hadn't really been mentioned in OTAs. Glad to see the vision for his role in the offense is coming into focus. He's a true x-factor the likes of which we've never had in the Josh Allen era.

when they signed him it felt like they finally realized the importance of filling roles w actual talent instead of forcing a guy like mckenzie into the offense

granted i expected them to do a lot more at wr 😂😂 but at least it was a step in the right direction

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

i was kind of worried about that

they have some time to get it ironed out but new exchange can be tough to figure out at first

do we know if Van Pran-Granger got any play with Allen?  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

when they signed him it felt like they finally realized the importance of filling roles w actual talent instead of forcing a guy like mckenzie into the offense

Yeah clearly they have wanted that explosive gadget player in the offense but the likes of McKenzie and Harty weren't going to get it done so Beane finally just relented and spent mid-tier money at the position.

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

do we know if Van Pran-Granger got any play with Allen?  

No he has been stuck on the 3rd team behind Will Clapp. Probably still a roster lock as a 5th rounder but feels like he'll be a regular member of the inactive list.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I meant to add this yesterday but forgot.  Joe Buscaglia pointed out a few very worthwhile reminders in his article yesterday.

read it here

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5656302/2024/07/24/buffalo-bills-training-camp-josh-allen-matt-milano/

this part stuck out to me as something to remember as camp goes on.

WRs working in with Allen on Day 1

Heading into this camp, one of the most intriguing things to track is the wide receiver group — and rightfully so. The receiver depth chart is the most open it’s been since Allen took his place among one of the best quarterbacks in the league, and players earning roles in the offense will iron itself out over the next month. The Bills are also very intentional with their receiver reps during practices. Over the years, it’s been quite apparent that they do not want to let a single team drill rep go by with Allen throwing to someone they aren’t considering using in the regular season. Opportunities are earned as camp progresses, whether by strong performance or by injury, but it’s always good to see where players stand to start.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Is this a blog or a podcast?  Anyone got a link to the actual recap?

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

im not sure tbh

If Van Pran Granger is C with the 3's almost certainly no play with Allen.

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but Lewis should have been cut from the roster eons ago. 

If you would've said this after the 2022 Vikings game I probably would agree, but he's become fairly valuable and versatile depth on our roster

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I expect that if there was a way to track the amount of yards that Curtis Samuel runs/jogs this season BEFORE the snap, it would surpass 1,000. 

So you're saying Samuel will be a 1000 yd receiver?

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

So you're saying Samuel will be a 1000 yd receiver?

Not necessarily.

I'm saying he's gonna be on the move so much before the snap that he'll run over 1,000 collective yards before the ball is even snapped over the course of the season.

How much RECEIVING yardage he actually winds up accruing will remain to be seen, because Kincaid/Knox/Coleman/Shakir/Cook will all get theirs, too.

Just now, Logic said:

Not necessarily.

I'm saying he's gonna be on the move so much before the snap that he'll run over 1,000 collective yards before the ball is even snapped over the course of the season.

How much RECEIVING yardage he actually winds up accruing will remain to be seen, because Kincaid/Knox/Coleman/Shakir/Cook will all get theirs, too.

I was joking ;) 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Never thought I would see someone find criticism in spreading the ball around and not forcing it to one player. 

It's TBD. Everything gets criticized.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1