Training Camp 7/25

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Low Positive said:

I could be upset at this because the offense is losing reps, or happy that the defense is winning them. Training camp is strange for fans.

iron sharpens iron.  It's a win win situation. 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah. 12 personnel (with four 6'3"+ guys).

I imagine them coming out in a pro set, forcing the defense into base personnel, then shifting to a spread formation, isolating Kincaid, Knox, and Cook on LBs and Safeties. 

Me gusta mucho.

Could go the other way too as Joe Marino mentioned after yesterdays practice.  11 personnel with Cook, Kincaid, Hollins, Coleman, MVS.  Thats a lot of size that can be difficult to match up against with nickel if they are in a condensed formation.  

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Van Demark is going to be our starting RT after this year.  Brown is a FA next year?

I thought he played better at LT last year?  Need to see him do well at RT this preseason before I'll jump to that prediction (I think he Van Demark gave up a sack at RT last year).  To your question yes Brown is in a contract year and if he doesnt get extended hell be a FA.  

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Van Demark is going to be our starting RT after this year.  Brown is a FA next year?

Doesn't he suck on the right side though? I heard he's a lot better on the left, as of now at least

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is the first practice all offseason we've heard Samuel's name come up a lot. Good to see. We need him to be a major contributor in this offense.

I expect that if there was a way to track the amount of yards that Curtis Samuel runs/jogs this season BEFORE the snap, it would surpass 1,000. I think Brady's gonna have him moving around CONSTANTLY, and that even when he's not the primary read or a big part of the play, his pre-snap actions will play a big part in IDing the defense, forcing coverage shifts, and helping the QB know what he's looking at.

In a certain sense, I expect Samuel to be the most important skill player on the offense. Not necessarily the most productive or most heavily targeted, but I think he's gonna play a huge role overall with the way his movement and deployment helps the offense dictate to the defense overall.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 9

Listening to the radio made it sound like Josh got hurt when they checked in with sal but it was apparently an amazing throw to Samuel and Sal was just awestruck. 

Scared the hell out of me.

I think this was the play in question. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Awesome! (+1) 3