Training Camp 7/25

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simon pinned this topic
15 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Joe Brady is going to be an NFL head coach soon,  could be as early as next year.  I think he’s great.

no reason for him to do that, that soon. let him establish the offense while helping to lead the team to a couple of rings first. that would look much better on his resume then only a year and a half of OC experience in buffalo under his belt?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Joe Brady is going to be an NFL head coach soon,  could be as early as next year.  I think he’s great.

He doesn;t have the experience yet to be a HC IMO. A few years as a succesful OC will change that. He may get an interview or 2, but unless he literally blows the entire league away ending in a dominating playoff run SB win I don't see him shuffling off that soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I know the safeties are largely interchange, but Cole Bishop behind Rapp was interesting.

Its not really strange at all. Rapp has a year in this Defense and Bishop is a rookie. I don't see it staying that way by Mid season. IMHO I want the Safeties' up to speed by December and on.

58 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That is exactly the mindset we need to try and reach/Win a superbowl

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, finn said:

"Everyone eats" Isn't a very inspiring motto for this offense. "Yes, our priority is to get even the most sluggish, least talented player involved so they don't, you know, feel left out and sad." What's next, a no-bullying policy? Everyone gets a participation trophy? A buddy program? 

It's not a participation trophy motto. It's a do your job to the best of your abilities motto. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, finn said:

"Everyone eats" Isn't a very inspiring motto for this offense. "Yes, our priority is to get even the most sluggish, least talented player involved so they don't, you know, feel left out and sad." What's next, a no-bullying policy? Everyone gets a participation trophy? A buddy program? 

Never thought I would see someone find criticism in spreading the ball around and not forcing it to one player. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

43 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Should Brady turn out to be a successful OC and sought after head coaching candidate, I would love to see him take the Ben Johnson route -- sticking with the Bills as OC rather than taking the first head coaching offers that come down the pike. If it's the RIGHT offer, a good situation, then yeah, of course you have to take it. But if the Panthers or Commanders of the world come calling, you tell 'em to get bent and call plays for Josh Allen for another season or two instead.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Never thought I would see someone find criticism in spreading the ball around and not forcing it to one player. 

I'm just enjoying a grumpy mood. I'm all for not forcing 60% of the offense it to one diva. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, finn said:

For any possible idea you can think of, the Internet will provide someone who has a problem with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, finn said:

Gotta be successful for everyone to eat. Best way to look at it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1