2024 Summer Olympics in Paris

21 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The last day of the Paris Olympics is upon us.  Hopefully USA women will win the gold so we tie China for the lead.

...  Great job Paris!

If USA women win in Volleyball and Basketball tomorrow, USA can win the Gold Medal count......lets go, ladies!!!

Steph Curry doing Steph Curry things in the 4th quarter.....greatest shooter on the planet proves it once again!! France played admirably, but every time they hit a shot, Curry had an aswer......awesome performance!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Special K said:

If USA women win in Volleyball and Basketball tomorrow, USA can win the Gold Medal count......lets go, ladies!!!

Steph Curry doing Steph Curry things in the 4th quarter.....greatest shooter on the planet proves it once again!! France played admirably, but every time they hit a shot, Curry had an aswer......awesome performance!!!!!

Thanks! I forgot about volleyball.   Steph is just unreal when he's on a roll.

... go USA Ladies!! 

• Like (+1) 1

The Paris Olympics and the recent soccer Euros in Germany are good examples of how important it is for the atmosphere to have such major sports events in places with support by residents and/or fans. Don't misunderstand me, I don't want to restrict such events to the traditional locations in Europe or North America - the soccer World Cup in Brazil and the Olympics In Rio were just as fine. But a World Cup in Qatar?

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The flags are down and flame is out, on to LA in 2028! Thanks Paris, good job!!!

I hope they leave Noah Lyles there. 

5 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

Why? Because he runs his mouth or because he only won us a gold and a bronze and not two golds?

He also won the whole for the least sportsmanlike athlete of the entire Games. 

The guy is a jerk. 

• Like (+1) 1

Seemed to me the athletes cared more about boosting their social media footprint than winning medals.  They should just not have the Olympics anymore.  Buh bye.  What a mess.   

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1