USA Today predicted WHAT???

30 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

If Rodgers stays healthy, their entire roster is better than Buffalos.  With Tyrod, Bills have QB advantage, but thats about it.

Just go down the list, Jets significantly upgraded WR, Bills went backwards.  Hall is back from injury and is better than Cook.  They significantly upgraded their OL, and IMO its better than the Bills Oline.

Dont even bother comparing the Defense, Jets are miles ahead of the Bills.

Jets are good, very good.

You think the Jets offensive line is better than Buffalo's?

I am very curious to know what has led to this conclusion.

Almost every random prediction I have saw has the Bills finishing second or third in the division.  Only on TBD do I see the majority thinks the Bills win the division.  This roster is garbage outside of Allen this year

17 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

The author of this really wants the Rodgers Bowl and constructed a fantasy scenario to get that. It goes no deeper than that.

Never mind the fact that he is 40 going on 41 coming off a serious Achillies injury. 

Never mind the fact that he started to decline his last year in GB and that was 2 years ago. Since then, he has only played 4 plays.

After Wilson and Breece they don't have much on offense as far as weapons go.

Do I think the Jets will be a tough matchup for the Bills. Yes, I do especially at MetLife as their defense has given Allen fits sometimes. But I doubt Rodgers can stay healthy and Taylor isn't carrying them on a playoff run assuming they make the playoffs. The Bills and Dolphins could easily finish ahead of them in the standings.

Edited by Gregg
add word

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

You think the Jets offensive line is better than Buffalo's?

I am very curious to know what has led to this conclusion.

Tyron Smith is better than Dawkins

We have some unknown at LG.  I'm not a fan of Mcgovern at center.

AVT is better than Torrence.

Moses is better than Brown.

• Dislike 1

I get annoyed when you see pre-season predictions (in any sport) and its basically a carbon-copy of the previous season.

The Jets is a tough pick for the Super Bowl IMO.   I also think the Packers-love is over-the top.  The jets need to leapfrog several good teams in the AFC alone.  Buffalo, Baltimore, Miami, Houston, KC, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and jacksonville.  Can also include Pittsburgh in there who never seems to want to go-away.  

I do think the Jets can make some noise, but as we know, it is a brutal conference to get out of.  I would eat my hat if the Jets are going to waltz in and be the team to up-end the Chiefs, especially on the road in the AFCC.  

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Never mind the fact that he is 40 going on 41 coming off a serious Achillies injury. 

Never mind the fact that he started to decline his last year in GB and that was 2 years ago. Since then, he has only played 4 plays.

Do I think the Jets will be a tough matchup for the Bills. Yes, I do especially at MetLife as their defense has given Allen fits sometimes. But I doubt Rodgers can stay healthy and Taylor isn't carrying them on a playoff run assuming they make the playoffs. The Bills and Dolphins could easily finish ahead of them in the standings.

It’s worth noting that Rodgers has to play 8 regular season home games on that same turf. I don’t wish injury on him, but if I were to pick a betting side……..

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Okay, after reading this post, I realize he is just trolling, just joking around, right?

No one can be that ignorant, right?

They won 7 games with one of the worst QBs to ever play football.  They beat the Bills, barely lost to KC.  Is it that unrealistic to think they beat NE, Vegas, Atlanta with better QB play?  All it would take is for them to pull out one more with then.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Tyron Smith is better than Dawkins

We have some unknown at LG.  I'm not a fan of Mcgovern at center.

AVT is better than Torrence.

Moses is better than Brown.

OOF.

Have a nice morning I guess.

2 minutes ago, boater said:

Remember these monstrosities on every street corner?

02.jpg

That paper is how I found out about Marty Mcfly Jr getting arrested.

bttf_usat_cover.jpg?w=2000&h=1126&crop=1

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Jets are the second best team in the division. New England is a year away, new coach, rookie QB, lackluster offensive supporting cast, and just a team looking like a 5-6 win team. Miami is weaker on both sides of the line of scrimmage. They Fins in my opinion are unlikely to get another fully healthy season out of Tua and they lost their best interior players on both sides of the ball while also having their two best edge rushers coming off late season ACL tears. I think the Fins regress 2-3 wins to a 8-9 win team. 

The Jets still in my opinion have a strong defense and offensively on paper they have a lot of talent. BUT their offensive talent is old/injury prone. There's also the chance for some regression in the defense with some of their players being older but I think they should still have a top 10 defense with reasonable injury luck. 

Offensively though I don't think they are gonna be consistent especially later in the season. Their QB is entering his age 41 season and coming off an Achilles tear. But even beyond Rodgers the Jets are also counting on an older pair of offensive tackles in a 33 year old Morgan Moses and 34 year old Tyron Smith who hasn't played a fully healthy season since 2015. Even at WR they added Mike Williams who while at 30 is not that old for a WR Williams is coming off an ACL tear in 2023 and a banged up season in 2022. 

So that's their top two offensive tackles and their WR2 that are older injury prone players. They did add Fashanu and Corley in the draft but I think they are still counting on a lot of older injury prone players. If they lose 2 out of 3 between Smith/Morgan/Williams that's gonna cause some issues. Overall I think the Jets will start off hot at 5-2 or 4-2 but fade down the stretch. I do think they can win 10 games but I think the Bills will win 11 again as while the Bills are retooling the Bills loss of "big names" has been massively overstated. 

On 7/24/2024 at 6:49 AM, hondo in seattle said:

It's one of those moonshot predictions.

If you're wrong, no consequences.

But if you're right, you'll brag for years that you predicted the Jets won the SB when no one else gave them a chance.

Speaking of moonshot, is it just a coincidence that the Jets Super Bowl win and the first moon landing were in 1969?

The next scheduled manned moon landing is September 2026.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

On 7/25/2024 at 8:55 AM, Gregg said:

Garrett Wilson, Mike Williams, and Breece Hall are a pretty solid big 3, and they got 850 yards from their TEs.  

On 7/25/2024 at 8:30 PM, bobobonators said:

Objectively, I don’t think the prediction is that wild. If both teams’ QB’s stay healthy they will be contenders 

IMO I think the winning the Super Bowl part is pretty wild. But the division, no, not all that wild. I don't think it will happen.

But let's be honest, every year there's a team or two that play much better than people thought they would and a team or two that drastically underachieve. Could the Jets be that team that overachieves? I don't feel like it's a hundred to one shot or anything. I don't think it will happen, but the outrage here seems an overreaction to me.

• Like (+1) 1