USA Today predicted WHAT???

This is something that a real organization actually published...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/nate-davis/2024/07/22/nfl-record-projections-chiefs-cowboys-jets-super-bowl/74455834007/

NFC playoffs

Wild card: (2) Packers def. (7) Bears; (6) Rams def. (3) Eagles; (5) Lions def. (4) Falcons

Divisional: (1) 49ers def. (6) Rams; (2) Packers def. (5) Lions

Championship game: (2) Packers def. (1) 49ers

AFC playoffs

Wild card: (2) Jets def. (7) Browns; (6) Jaguars def. (3) Colts; (4) Bengals def. (5) Bills

Divisional: (1) Chiefs def. (6) Jaguars; (2) Jets def. (4) Bengals

Championship game: (2) Jets def. (1) Chiefs

Super Bowl 59 (New Orleans)

Jets def. Packers

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYf3KylIHLeU49AM1y-28

• Haha (+1) 25
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Yeah, can't believe we lose to the f'n Bengals again.

Oh, you mean the other thing....😁

It's an attention getter, isn't it?

Not looking at the playoffs yet. I will say it will be fun to watch the two Packers-Lions games to see who wins the NFCN. Should be great games. As for the Jets I can't see Tyrod Taylor leading the Jets to a championship. The chances of Rodgers staying healthy are slim and none.

• Like (+1) 1

maybe they are right.  The last time the Jets won a superbowl Joe Namath was hanging out with Gangsters, specifically Henry Hill and owned a gangster bar.

Aaron rodgers hangs out with equal lowlifes and is also a lousy person.

Maybe they are onto something.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

People are underestimating the Jets.  If they had Tyrod last year, they would have won the division.  

The Bills and Dolphins were both 11-6 with the Jets going 7-10. Taylor is a nice upgrade over Wilson, but he has his limitations. I don't think he would make up a 4-game difference in the AFCE.

The Jets winning the division seems like a long shot but with the 3rd place schedule they have a much more managable path (similar to the Dolphin's last year). They start with a loss to the 49ers but have 4 games they should win (Titans, Pats, Broncos, Vikings) before getting the Bills at home. If they split with the Bills and that being the win they'd be 5-1. You then play: Steelers, Pats, Texans, Cardinals (they destroyed the Texans last year too).... but let's say they go 2-2 in those game. They are sitting at 7-3 but finish with a gauntlet (not as tough as the Steelers though end of season schedule). vs. Colts, vs. Seahawks, @ Dolphins, @ Jags, vs. Rams, @ Bills, vs. Dolphins. By then, if you're a Jets fan, you would figure your defense would be great and Rodgers would have that offense at at least average they could go 4-3 and finish at 11-6. That may be enough to win the division.

The Jets have to have these go right for them:

1. Rodgers stays healthy and is an above average QB

2. Their O-Line gels together and becomes average

3. Their Defense doesn't regress

4. Without Belichick is the nightmare of the Patriots over because they can't go 0-2 to the Pats

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

57 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

It's one of those moonshot predictions.

If you're wrong, no consequences.

But if you're right, you'll brag for years that you predicted the Jets won the SB when no one else gave them a chance.

Side note(s) on "Moon Shot":

1) The Columbia command module splashed down 55 years ago today.  Neat-o that you'd use the "Moon Shot" reference!  Bravo!

2) Come to think of it...that year was the last time the Nyets won a Super Bowl.  Rodgers was in diapers...

• Like (+1) 1

Vegas has Jets at +2000 and Bills at +1500. If you can guarantee a healthy roster for both teams you could see those odds flip. I still put my money on Bills and would never make that Jets bet. But if your looking for a realistic longshot bet I would say the Jets are not an awful choice. Rodgers stays healthy, OL is improved, the D will be solid. Stranger things have happened. 

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

maybe they are right.  The last time the Jets won a superbowl Joe Namath was hanging out with Gangsters, specifically Henry Hill and owned a gangster bar.

Aaron rodgers hangs out with equal lowlifes and is also a lousy person.

Maybe they are onto something.

Who are these low life’s you speak of?  People with differing opinions on certain topics I’m assuming?