Psychedelic therapy helps you see things more clearly; New Jersey Jets/Giants

ddaryl

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

On the contrary, I think "set and setting" are very important to the outcome of a psychedelic trip, at least if therapeutic or medicinal results are sought. That is, one's mood/state of mind/intention when taking the substance, and the setting in which one takes the substance.

Taking a heavy dose of psilocybin in a quiet, candlelit room with classical music playing and a comfortable temperature and a pitcher of ice water nearby, when one is in good spirits and has a had a bit of quiet reflection beforehand...can bring about a PROFOUNDLY different experience than taking them with a group of friends or at a concert or when one is stressed or agitated about something.

I don't think a trained guide, is practically speaking, necessary, though it can be helpful. Nor do I think it's necessary to undertake the experience in a sterile medical environment. I DO think, though, that some preparation, a good mindset, and agreeable surroundings are vitally important to a good psychedelic experience.

Yes that is very accurate to a certain degree.  I was more referring to the new fad of going to multi million dollar homes where guides help you thru your journey with 8 other strangers.  Maybe that only happens in my affluent town.  I usually find most people who eat ayahuasca are the same jerks later but with a false sense of growth.  This does not diminish how beneficial some therapies can be for other conditions.  Its a mixed bag.  In the old days there was none of this.  You ate some whatever and sat by the river.  Maybe its just me.  I dont enjoy organized psychedelic journeys. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Yes that is very accurate to a certain degree.  I was more referring to the new fad of going to multi million dollar homes where guides help you thru your journey with 8 other strangers.  Maybe that only happens in my affluent town.  I usually find most people who eat ayahuasca are the same jerks later but with a false sense of growth.  This does not diminish how beneficial some therapies can be for other conditions.  Its a mixed bag.  In the old days there was none of this.  You ate some whatever and sat by the river.  Maybe its just me.  I dont enjoy organized psychedelic journeys. 

That I can agree with.

I'm not so sure I'd enjoy the guided session either, particularly if it involved other people.

I'm definitely a "sit by the river" guy when it comes to this stuff. Give me a napsack with some bottled water, citrus fruits, and an Alan Watts book and leave me alone. I'll be back in 7 hours.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

The Jets were going to build a stadium in NYC, but the city said no thanks.  

If I remember correctly, it was Dolan who stopped it. MSG didn't want the new stadium taking business away from them with concerts, WWE etc etc. With the current lease at MetLife both the Giants and Jets could opt out after 15 years (2023) and then every 5 years after that. The Giants want to stay in NJ but there have been rumors about the Jets wanting to go back to NY. Nothing official is going on with that, however.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

I think the place and people don’t matter as much. Just eat some and leave the human nonsense. The new fad about how every aspect need to be a certain way is just annoying. 

I'd eat shrooms and go on an adventure with you!

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Any insight into how it can do all these things? I believe you, I've just never understood how psychedelics can curb addiction or provide self-improvement.

I can see how it could help with self-inquiry or making one come up with new insights, but yeah... I think guys like Aaron Rodgers have kind of unfairly skewed my views on all that. 

Done right it re wires the brain, and with trauma, again done in a healthy setting can be a catalyst to heal many types trauma

43 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

After he makes another 100 mil I MIGHT  let him marry my daughter 

I'm happy to hear I still have a chance with your daughter!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If I remember correctly, it was Dolan who stopped it. MSG didn't want the new stadium taking business away from them with concerts, WWE etc etc. With the current lease at MetLife both the Giants and Jets could opt out after 15 years (2023) and then every 5 years after that. The Giants want to stay in NJ but there have been rumors about the Jets wanting to go back to NY. Nothing official is going on with that, however.

Sort of.  Cablevision was initially a partner in the project, which was part of the NYC Olympic bid. Dolan's properties don't really compete for football stadium sized shows (of which there aren't many any more).

Truth was it was political burning bag of poop only the Governor wanted to step on--he wanted the Olympics to be his legacy.  He was done in by more powerful politicians in Albany, it it died there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I was more referring to the new fad of going to multi million dollar homes where guides help you thru your journey with 8 other strangers.  Maybe that only happens in my affluent town.

Sounds like something the Manson family would do. 😳

9 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Not to veer too off topic, but the recent studies with MDMA therapy especially for veterans with PTSD is some of the most incredible stuff I've ever seen. Something like an 80% remission rate from guys who were straight up planning on killing themselves. Psilocybin as well, although I believe most of those studies have been involving people who had severe depression on account of being diagnosed with terminal illness.

I truly believe this sort of thing is the next wave in mental healthcare and I can only hope that Big Pharma doesn't bastardize it because there are just so many people who seriously need the help. If you struggle with PTSD or any other mental health issues, I implore you to read further into it all.

I attended a conference and heard the woman that led this study speak. They got dealt a big blow by not getting FDA approval (they expected to) but it’s pretty fascinating stuff. There’s definitely something there. 

For the record, I've done psychedelics 1000 times give or take.. Lost count many many years ago.

I do believe that there is much truth to psychedelic/MDMA therapy. I'm in my mid 50's and still partake on occasion, and always feel a little lighter when it comes to everyday stresses etc... 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I think the place and people don’t matter as much. Just eat some and leave the human nonsense. The new fad about how every aspect need to be a certain way is just annoying. 

Worked for the Beatles LOL 

20 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I do... If i was in crowded noisy bar hanging out with yuppies I would be running out of there trying my hardest to get away. I would be a billion times more comfortable outside hanging with close friends around a campfire 

On 7/25/2024 at 1:41 AM, BigDingus said:

Any insight into how it can do all these things? I believe you, I've just never understood how psychedelics can curb addiction or provide self-improvement.

I can see how it could help with self-inquiry or making one come up with new insights, but yeah... I think guys like Aaron Rodgers have kind of unfairly skewed my views on all that. 

Seems weird to me too, but there are a lot of people out there who believe in it.

Seen Bill Burr's story about how it changed him? Strikes me as being - at least - worth looking into. But Logic is right that with Rodgers you've got a dolt for a poster boy.

On 7/24/2024 at 12:57 PM, Dick_Cheney said:

It's pretty much proven at this point that both acid and shrooms are the most effective method of obliterating alcoholism and addiction.

Doesn't one just become addicted to acid and shrooms then?