Now Gallup retires

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

As I said regarding Barrett, at least it didn’t happen to us this time.

raiders WR Michael Gallup 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40627611/raiders-wr-michael-gallup-retires-nfl-six-seasons

too bad for Gallup. Same draft class as Josh. I remember hoping the Bills would draft him as he and Josh had a nice connection during the senior bowl game.

went to the cowgirls and played well enough to get a second contract. Tore his ACL which zapped his athleticism and he never really bounced back, truly the not for long league.

• Sad 1

I really wanted Buffalo to sign him.  He was basically a direct comp to Davis.

However it turns out Dallas let him walk because he was mentally checked out.  After his knee injury he was not the same and more importantly he had a brother a few years ago commit suicide and his affected his mental health.

My understanding is the cowboys tried everything last year to get him motivated but he just didn't enjoy playing football anymore.  I guess they were kind of shocked he signed with the raiders because they thought he was finished playing football.

So i guess it makes sense that he retired yesterday.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

My understanding is the cowboys tried everything last year to get him motivated but he just didn't enjoy playing football anymore.  I guess they were kind of shocked he signed with the raiders because they thought he was finished playing football.

Can't help that the Raiders don't seem very motivated to play football right now either.

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Man that ACL must have doomed him

It didn't help, but I think he more checked out upstairs.  

Same as Fat Kelvin Benjamin; he could probably have rehabbed and returned from the injuries, but he made his bag and checked out.

Edited by Beck Water

6 hours ago, LEBills said:

raiders WR Michael Gallup 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40627611/raiders-wr-michael-gallup-retires-nfl-six-seasons

too bad for Gallup. Same draft class as Josh. I remember hoping the Bills would draft him as he and Josh had a nice connection during the senior bowl game.

went to the cowgirls and played well enough to get a second contract. Tore his ACL which zapped his athleticism and he never really bounced back, truly the not for long league.

That has to suck. Knowing you just can't do it anymore at a young age has to be heart breaking 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Pretty classless to retire before the season starts. Everyone knows that the right way to do it is at halftime and without warning. Just pack your sh!t and go.

I’m hoping to see a player call a time out at some random point in a game to retire. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m hoping to see a player call a time out at some random point in a game to retire. 

Forget calling a timeout, I've seen Stefon Diggs retire MID-ROUTE a bunch of times.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2