Around the NFL Training Camp news

18 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Drake Maye is having a good camp. It’ll be interesting to see if they start him day 1. AFC East is tightening.

Reminds me a lot of the hot takes when the Patriots were leading the division.

The Dolphins got Dante Caulpepper the east is tightening

Rex Ryan has shown his defense confuses Brady the east is tightening

Drew Bledsoe and Lawyor Milloy are in the Bills the east is tightening

Brady wont be the same after the ACL injury the east is tightening

The Patriots are a mess after the Hernandez thing the east is tightening

The Giants have shown that pressure up the middle is the way to stop Brady the east is tightening

The Patriots dont have Randy Moss anymore the east is tightening

All preseason nonsense.   Until it is actual tightening its not. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

What year is it?

Don't get me wrong. Gabe had some really nice games here and there BUT he got paid based on his playoff game vs KC. That's what everyone except bills fans remember him for. So yeah we're not too surprised by the drops. 

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I remember when Mac Jones was the 2nd coming of Brady, I'll give this a minute.

Mac Jones wishes he was as talented as Drake Maye. I was hoping the Pats* would be be dumb and trade him to the giants. Kid has a good chance to be a top QB

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My theory has always been that Paxton Lynch didn’t work out, so Elway passed on JA

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Don't get me wrong. Gabe had some really nice games here and there BUT he got paid based on his playoff game vs KC. That's what everyone except bills fans remember him for. So yeah we're not too surprised by the drops. 

To be fair that might have been a record, and Sorenson still wakes up in a cold sweat having nightmares about him.

He just used up almost all his flash in one game and the rest in a mid-season Steelers game.

• Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

2021, 2022 and 2023.

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair that might have been a record, and Sorenson still wakes up in a cold sweat having nightmares about him.

He just used up almost all his flash in one game and the rest in a mid-season Steelers game.

His problem was that he only had flash. No consistency. His highest catch rate for a season is 55%

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/28/2024 at 8:51 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Drake Maye is having a good camp. It’ll be interesting to see if they start him day 1. AFC East is tightening.

Really?

Patriots Camp Report 07.29.24: Offense, line make progress as pads go on but Maye struggles again

QB STATS

Team periods

Jacoby Brissett: 8 for 9 — (2 for 2, 4 for 4, 2 for 3)
Drake Maye: 1 for 4, 2 sacks — (0-0, sack; 1 for 3, 1 for 1, sack)
Joe Milton: 3 for 4, fumble, drop — (1-1, fumble; 2 for 3, drop)
Bailey Zappe: 2 for 4, drop

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

Really?

Patriots Camp Report 07.29.24: Offense, line make progress as pads go on but Maye struggles again

QB STATS

Team periods

Jacoby Brissett: 8 for 9 — (2 for 2, 4 for 4, 2 for 3)
Drake Maye: 1 for 4, 2 sacks — (0-0, sack; 1 for 3, 1 for 1, sack)
Joe Milton: 3 for 4, fumble, drop — (1-1, fumble; 2 for 3, drop)
Bailey Zappe: 2 for 4, drop

Yes. He struggled yesterday though.

44 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes. He struggled yesterday though.

The people watching Patriots camp.. don't agree that Maye has been tearing it up. The reports say he's been having footwork issues, doesn't anticipate throws and tries to use his arm strength to make up for it. Patriots fans for the most part don't want him starting because he hasn't looked like he's close to ready.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Malazan said:

The people watching Patriots camp.. don't agree that Maye has been tearing it up. The reports say he's been having footwork issues, doesn't anticipate throws and tries to use his arm strength to make up for it. Patriots fans for the most part don't want him starting because he hasn't looked like he's close to ready.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Best part of that Steelers first half was that Gabe Davis fantasy owners finally gave up on him before that game... then he goes bezerk in one half... they all start him again the following week.. he proceeds to do nothing again. 

22 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

That's what everyone except bills fans remember him for. 

Exactly. I'll always remember him for dropping the most heroic throw of Allen's career to date, which is saying something. With an injured elbow in the face of a fierce Jets pass rush, Allen chucks it 60 yards in the air and puts it right into Davis' arms. His new team should have looked harder at that tape. 

21 hours ago, Malazan said:

His problem was that he only had flash. No consistency. His highest catch rate for a season is 55%

Yup, one spectacular playoff game and a couple great regular season games. I myself will remember Gabe as a inconsistent drop machine.  That's why I'm excited to watch a bunch of hungry no name wrs willing to strive well above a 55% catch rate.  Josh deserves no less.

• Agree 2