Around the NFL Training Camp news

23 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I think we could if we wanted to. Milton would provide a cheap alternative to trubisky and let's be honest, if Mitch has to play a significant amount we're screwed anyway.

I think because of his contract - cutting Mitch and adding milton would actually have a negative impact on the salary cap.  As a post June cut he'd have a dead money number of 1.96M vs. 2M for keeping him.  You'd then have the rookies number on top of that, assuming you win the waiver claim over other teams.  If you trade him you'd get out of the 1.2M base salary number.  

In any case, i think they liked mitch enough to bring him back after his 2 year stint in pittsburgh.  It's hard to project how he'd perform here, and his value was cratered after playing in one of the worst offenses in the league.  He's not without blame, but that team in 2 years had a really bad offensive line, and really bad coaching.  

Say what you want about Mitch, but the bears were 29-21 in games that he started.  His numbers there are pretty much league average across the board.  64% comp%, 4.1% td rate, and 2.3% int rate are pretty much all league average.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I will say, if the Patriots try to sneak Joe Milton through waivers to get him onto their PS the Bills should claim him.  I suspect he will come up with a strange injury before then though.

I think they’ll probably just keep him as a 3rd QB but we’ll see. I think he’s a flat out bad prospect but I get the allure, particularly when we have Josh already. 

44 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If you're also a guy who is the first to own up to your own faults it doesn't.  If you're a guy who hides from the media after playoff losses it does.

^^^^ this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If you're also a guy who is the first to own up to your own faults it doesn't.  If you're a guy who hides from the media after playoff losses it does.

It's tuff to admit you dropped a potential game winner right through the hands. I mean if only he was someone that would tell us they wanted the ball.

No one besides Josh makes big plays when it counts. I expect that to be different this year. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I think we could if we wanted to. Milton would provide a cheap alternative to trubisky and let's be honest, if Mitch has to play a significant amount we're screwed anyway.

Milton is garbage don’t fall for the preseason hype. He’s got a canon but has never shown he can make progressions. Hes a long term project imo that may never get there. More athletic Cardelle Jones imo

• Agree 1

-- Edge defender Grayson Murphy, linebacker Ezekiel Vandenburgh and cornerback Siran Neal also left the field with injuries, though Murphy came back.

-- Before he went to the locker room, Neal made a clear impact. He had the tackle on the opening kickoff, then was involved in two tackles for short gains. On the second one, he stripped the ball from the Atlanta player and recovered the fumble.

On 8/10/2024 at 11:14 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

-- Edge defender Grayson Murphy, linebacker Ezekiel Vandenburgh and cornerback Siran Neal also left the field with injuries, though Murphy came back.

-- Before he went to the locker room, Neal made a clear impact. He had the tackle on the opening kickoff, then was involved in two tackles for short gains. On the second one, he stripped the ball from the Atlanta player and recovered the fumble.

I thought about Siran Neal watching the preseason game - someone from the Bills actually downed the ball inside the 10 and my first thought was how refreshing not to see Neal or Jones fumbling around and failing to track and down a kick without it bouncing off them or into the EZ

The Giants traded Jordan Phillips to the Cowboys in a pick swap, 6th for a 7th in the 2026 draft and the media here in DFW is declaring him the run stopping  1 Tech DT they have been needing.

They are in for a surprise.

Caught just a little bit of the Patriots / Eagles game tonight and the burning question around the NFL has to be ‘what the heck has Alex Van Pelt been eating since he retired from playing? The dough boy has packed on more than a few pounds. Dude….push back from the buffet table!