Around the NFL Training Camp news

On 8/3/2024 at 10:42 AM, 90sBills said:

Well without guys like ‘this’ there would be no games. 31 old billionaires wouldn’t make much of a football game. 

If you put 31 billionaires fighting to the death Hunger Games style on PPV you could fund quite a lot.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/2/2024 at 11:02 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

It’s Davante’s game.  Not the Bills.  Not the Raiders.  It’s not about Josh.  Because the world revolves around you Davante.  Everyone paid to see you 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

still holding out. He has accumulated over $1,000,000 in fines.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40740207/new-york-jets-haason-reddick-holdout-continues

So let's take a look at how this played out.

1. Team acquires Pro Bowl player in a trade.

2. Player says he's thrilled to be on the team.

3. Player downplays his desire for a new contract, precisely the reason why his previous team decided to part with him.

"Whatever happens, I'm going to be happy," edge rusher Haason Reddick (the player) said in his introductory news conference with the New York Jets. "I'm going to give my all, no matter what. That's just who I am as a person."

Four months later, player doesn't show up for training camp -- the rarest of holdouts.

It's highly unusual for a player to stay away from his new team after being acquired in a trade, but here we are. Reddick, due to make a non-guaranteed $14.25 million in base pay in the final year of his contract, has missed 15 days of training camp, accumulating $850,000 in mandatory fines (including minicamp) and approximately $300,000 in discretionary fines.

Team cannot waive fines anymore so team will need to give him a raise to pay the fines.

10 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I will say, if the Patriots try to sneak Joe Milton through waivers to get him onto their PS the Bills should claim him.  I suspect he will come up with a strange injury before then though.

If the Cheats do that his agent can decide for arbitration if his doctor says he is fine but I do not think Bills would be comfortable making him #2 QB so he would be a player inactive taking a roster slot.

10 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I will say, if the Patriots try to sneak Joe Milton through waivers to get him onto their PS the Bills should claim him.  I suspect he will come up with a strange injury before then though.

We do not have a spot on the 53 man roster for a 3rd QB.  

23 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

We do not have a spot on the 53 man roster for a 3rd QB.  

I think we could if we wanted to. Milton would provide a cheap alternative to trubisky and let's be honest, if Mitch has to play a significant amount we're screwed anyway.