Around the NFL Training Camp news

20 hours ago, Malazan said:

When people ask the question about why people side with "Billionaires over Millionaires" when it comes to the Owners vs Players.. this is a big reason why.. guys like this that think they are the game. No one paid to go see him play except fans of his own team.

Well without guys like ‘this’ there would be no games. 31 old billionaires wouldn’t make much of a football game. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

21 hours ago, Malazan said:

When people ask the question about why people side with "Billionaires over Millionaires" when it comes to the Owners vs Players.. this is a big reason why.. guys like this that think they are the game. No one paid to go see him play except fans of his own team.

I still have no idea why that would matter to you. Owners will maximize revenue and profit so fans pay the same regardless of what cut the players get. By the way, star players ARE the game or the UFL would be as popular as the NFL. Season tickets for UB are super cheap compared to the Bills. Go watch them and save your money. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

On 8/2/2024 at 11:09 AM, Malazan said:

So Davante Adams should be good with people throwing snowballs at him?

Also, it's weird that you would use his quote as fodder for a nonsensical debate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

56 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Quandre Diggs, 1 year / $5M

Really starting to wonder what Simmons is looking for as he’s really the last big piece out there. 

Guaranteed money, possibly term, also wants to choose his situation.

I'm not saying he'll get that at this point, but it's what he's looking for and at least one of those factors is more than anybody wants to give right now.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Quandre Diggs, 1 year / $5M

Really starting to wonder what Simmons is looking for as he’s really the last big piece out there. 

I would think the longer it goes, the more he would jump at a Bills offer if they were to make one. Pretty attractive scenario to come into an ultra competitive team and start day one. 

On 8/2/2024 at 12:54 PM, jkeerie said:

I ordered the boot from Amazon.  Should be here today.

Good idea! It'll probably be sore to start but you can adjust the tension and continue to make adjustments.  I still play touch football (I'm 37, but I'm addicted), and i tried every sock or band or whatever and none of it worked except the KT tape.  

On 8/1/2024 at 2:47 PM, TBBills Fan said:

All 3 chargers fans are disappointed with this news

They'll just flip their hats inside out to the Rams side and be disappointed in a different way. 

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Chiefs got lucky on this one.  The Bills being the team that drafted him and then released him ruined their chances of getting him back. 

I hope the Chiefs suffer like we did during the drought, when the best player they have is their Punter and everyone else is only good enough to win 7-8 times per year. Not likely going to happen, but one can hope.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Chiefs got lucky on this one.  The Bills being the team that drafted him and then released him ruined their chances of getting him back. 

I don’t think the Bills ruined their chance, they just chose not to get him back for whatever reason. Araiza absolutely would have jumped at the opportunity because no other teams were calling. All they had to do was bring him in before the chiefs did. 

28 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I hope the Chiefs suffer like we did during the drought, when the best player they have is their Punter and everyone else is only good enough to win 7-8 times per year. Not likely going to happen, but one can hope.

That could happen, as long as Mahomes is retiring. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, f0neguy said:

On the punt god’s highlight there it looked like a pretty good return.  70 yards with low hang time isn’t a good thing.

I was just gonna say... they arent flipping the field much with those kind of returns.