Around the NFL Training Camp news

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

I get him not playing in the preseason. Coming off a serious Achillies injury at 40. But he has played only 4 plays in 2 years so trying to shake off the rust against a very tough, physical 49ers defense is going to be a very difficult thing to do.

Happy Jerry Seinfeld GIF

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

https://nypost.com/2024/07/31/sports/has-zach-wilson-already-lost-broncos-qb-competition/

LOL. He may very well end up being the biggest draft bust in NFL history given where he was picked. Ryan Leaf probably still holds that title for now.

Tired out from chasing cougars in the rarified atmosphere of Denver? 🤔

35 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Happy Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Predicting it now:  Aaron Rodgers becomes 'Body Suit Man' for the 2024 NYJ. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/25/2024 at 1:11 PM, MikePJ76 said:

To Quote Bill Parcells, "It's a replacement business"

having said that none of what you said matters because the pool of athletes that can play this sport (all pro Sports) is so small it is not comparable to any other industry.  

I loved that you referred to guys in the NFL as "Some are really good athletes"  that is cute.  

The league is about the players and they deserve the money.  None of us watch the games for any other reason.

Most of the players are interchangeable to be quite honest.  The league is about the teams and the organizations.  And yes the players comprise the teams.  But so do coaches, trainers, scouts, owners and GM's.  Have you watched Hard Knocks NYG?  I find the inner workings of a football organization far more fascinating that watching Aaron Rodgers throw passes in shorts and joking on the sidelines with his teammates.  

Like I said in my earlier post, certain players are awesome to watch.  (Josh Allen, hopefully Keon Coleman, maybe Dalton Kincaid if we use him like Utah did.)  But most are just players that are replaceable.  Its the game of football and how its played and set up between all the teams is what I find exciting.  When I was young I may have cared more about individual players.  Now I love the games and the point spreads, and the competition between teams. 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Jp Losman and Troy Vincent.  Tells me Fields needs to throw the ball more and stop trying to play 2 hand tag vs the pass rush. 

HOF game tonight. Texans vs Bears. The game will probably be boring and sloppy. The starters won't see any action most likely. Don't care. Football is back tonight. Nine days until the Bills play. 

• Thank you (+1) 1