Around the NFL Training Camp news

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

The rams were expecting a 6th round rookie to start at CB? I understand injuries may happen that necessitate that during the season, but that doesn’t seem like a tremendous plan to start the year off. 

Not a rookie. He is a 3rd year player who started 6 games in 2022 and 12 games last season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

The rams were expecting a 6th round rookie to start at CB? I understand injuries may happen that necessitate that during the season, but that doesn’t seem like a tremendous plan to start the year off. 

Buffalo had a UDFA, who ran a 4.63 40, start at CB for several seasons (Levi Wallace).  He started 9 games for the Steelers in 2022 and signed with the Broncos in April this year.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Jerry Jones.

At a certain age, I think we all start saying whatever the hell we want, but our sligh comments just don't make sense like they used to

Jerry has reached that point

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

A few camps haven’t started yet, but in checking on the rookie WRs, so far the most praise has been for Malik Nabers and Keon Coleman. There’s been mentions of Odunze and Harrison Jr looking up to the task, but most others are quiet. Xavier Legette had a rough open to camp according to him. We’ll see how things unfold amongst all of them as the weeks go on. 

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

The Raiders keep talking ***** about Mahomes.  Big balls and small brains I think. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/raiders-mock-patrick-mahomes-with-kermit-the-frog-puppet

Still, gotta love it

That division has been so depressing. I thought one of those teams would have had a chance in years past. This year, I don’t feel any of them have a prayer. Herbert has his worst support cast of his career, Denver has… Paxton Lynch… I mean Bo Nix, and Oakland has fat Derek Carr (Aiden O Connel). No way they are competing. 

35 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

That division has been so depressing. I thought one of those teams would have had a chance in years past. This year, I don’t feel any of them have a prayer. Herbert has his worst support cast of his career, Denver has… Paxton Lynch… I mean Bo Nix, and Oakland has fat Derek Carr (Aiden O Connel). No way they are competing. 

Our only hope is harbough making it competitive 

14 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

The Raiders keep talking ***** about Mahomes.  Big balls and small brains I think. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/raiders-mock-patrick-mahomes-with-kermit-the-frog-puppet

Still, gotta love it

Raiders: Look at those soft ass Chiefs needing a QB to get it done, real teams don't even need one, that's why we haven't even bothered to find one.

• Haha (+1) 4

13 hours ago, Brand J said:

A few camps haven’t started yet, but in checking on the rookie WRs, so far the most praise has been for Malik Nabers and Keon Coleman. There’s been mentions of Odunze and Harrison Jr looking up to the task, but most others are quiet. Xavier Legette had a rough open to camp according to him. We’ll see how things unfold amongst all of them as the weeks go on. 

MHJ needs a QB who can see him down field to be effective, the Angry Toddler is not going to get the best out of him. 

14 hours ago, Brand J said:

In the latest hard knocks episode,  I'm assuming the OC or WR coach had MJH, Nabers n Odunze in the building all at once.  

Think the owner asked who he'd prefer and he said def Nabers

• Thank you (+1) 2