Around the NFL Training Camp news

On 7/23/2024 at 11:06 AM, Warcodered said:

Sounds like the Raiders are taking the year off, how nice for the Chiefs.

Idk..

Watching the receivers series on Netflix - they were really clicking under AP. Adamas was a beast especially,  wouldn't be surprised tovsee em steal 1 from KC

14 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-wr-amari-cooper-agrees-to-restructured-deal-reports-to-training-camp

Amari Cooper ends hold out. Browns guarantee his $20M 2024 salary and add $5M in earnable incentives. No years added. He’s set to be a FA in 2025. 

Alot of this going on this year. It's crazy I wish I could withhold my services from my employer and demand more money every 6 months or so. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Whkfc said:

Alot of this going on this year. It's crazy I wish I could withhold my services from my employer and demand more money every 6 months or so. 

If you were more valuable you could.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Whkfc said:

Cool Story.

These athletes are like 1% of the population and their output produces billions of dollars for old owners who do nothing but ripoff their fans.

There are so few people on the planet that could play this game at this level and only for a few years at that.  The players deserve every penny they get and they should do what they have to in order to make sure they are getting it.  The nfl union is super weak because the players do not have a backbone but at least individually they will pretend to hold out to get paid.  If only they did that collectively.

but if you think you or I or any of us has any similar relationship to this situation go ahead and try it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, Whkfc said:

I understand your feelings, but if you could get it then why wouldn’t you?

On 7/23/2024 at 11:51 AM, Roundybout said:

Joe Burrow sporting the Cody Rhodes look this season, I see 

But does the carpet match the drapes?

On 7/23/2024 at 12:05 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Thanks for the heads up regarding identity.  I wasn't sure if it was Billy Idol or Race Bannon. 🤔

Race Bannon for the win!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Cool Story.

These athletes are like 1% of the population and their output produces billions of dollars for old owners who do nothing but ripoff their fans.

There are so few people on the planet that could play this game at this level and only for a few years at that.  The players deserve every penny they get and they should do what they have to in order to make sure they are getting it.  The nfl union is super weak because the players do not have a backbone but at least individually they will pretend to hold out to get paid.  If only they did that collectively.

but if you think you or I or any of us has any similar relationship to this situation go ahead and try it.  

You really worship these players don't you?  Sure they can run fast, and some are really good athletes.  But they can all be replaced by someone else who does the same thing.  A lot of them have a real inflated sense of their worth. 

But Its like that in a lot of industries in today's world.  Everything thinks they are special.  Most in any field really aren't.  Same in the NFL.  Only a very few are transcendental talents in their era.  Fortunately, we have one named Josh Allen, who is just a normal guy.  Lets go Bills.    

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You really worship these players don't you?  Sure they can run fast, and some are really good athletes.  But they can all be replaced by someone else who does the same thing.  A lot of them have a real inflated sense of their worth. 

But Its like that in a lot of industries in today's world.  Everything thinks they are special.  Most in any field really aren't.  Same in the NFL.  Only a very few are transcendental talents in their era.  Fortunately, we have one named Josh Allen, who is just a normal guy.  Lets go Bills.    

To Quote Bill Parcells, "It's a replacement business"

having said that none of what you said matters because the pool of athletes that can play this sport (all pro Sports) is so small it is not comparable to any other industry.  

I loved that you referred to guys in the NFL as "Some are really good athletes"  that is cute.  

The league is about the players and they deserve the money.  None of us watch the games for any other reason.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Whkfc said:

I'm sure your job is similar to a star professional athlete

• Eyeroll 1