Around the NFL Training Camp news

Connor Hughes on X: "Sources: The #Jets made Haason Reddick a contract offer before the trade from Philadelphia. It would have been a raise from the $14.5 million he's scheduled to make this year. Reddick declined the offer. The Jets said if he wanted more ($25-$28m annually), they needed to see https://t.co/Ene7jlI6ZQ" / X

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean with the whole Aaron Rodgers thing it's not like the Jets couldn't be just thinking short term, which is so very stupid.

I agree, but they are in it now... gotta go with it cause in 2 years they are 3-14 (unless we get an 18 game schedule LOL, then i will give em a 4th) 

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

Brissett is pretty good for a stop-gap. As the Bills I would much rather face Maye.

I would rather face Brissett and have Maye be horrible and the Pats back in the swamp looking for another QB... 

7 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

The Reddick thing is so dumb.

Yeah, Reddick lied to the Jets. So they are probably miffed at that. But give the guy guarantees for 24, and then move on after the year. Get the guy in camp and playing.

Giving up a 3rd (possibly 2nd) wasn't very smart if you weren't going to extend, which it looks like they did not intend to.

So one guy lied (Reddick), and the other guy played it really dumb (Douglas).

7 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Under normal circumstances, yes.  But I don’t get the impression that Douglas and Saleh have much more time.  This move, along with several others this offseason, show that 2024 is a make or break year for that regime

In the 13 years since the Jets last made the playoffs.. Joe Douglas has the worst record as GM. Worse than both John Idzik and Mike McCagnan. The reason they threw such a ridiculous hail mary with Rodgers is because they failed so hard.

11 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

The Reddick thing is so dumb.

Yeah, Reddick lied to the Jets. So they are probably miffed at that. But give the guy guarantees for 24, and then move on after the year. Get the guy in camp and playing.

Giving up a 3rd (possibly 2nd) wasn't very smart if you weren't going to extend, which it looks like they did not intend to.

So one guy lied (Reddick), and the other guy played it really dumb (Douglas).

What did he lie about?

22 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Jets and Reddick looking like amateurs

Jest do for sure. Reddick is represented by CAA, which is a big and reputable enough agency that they wouldn’t back out of a deal that they agreed to as part of a trade. This is 100% on the Jest. The Clown show there continues. 

Reddick turned down new contract from Jets prior to trade. Jets traded for him anyway. LOL

Edit: @Slippery Rubber Mats beat me to it 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1