Astro Notes Update **Link to Wednesday, August 7th Notes added on pg 5**

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Did they actually grant Ty Dunne press access (he'll be at the press conferences, practices, etc) or did he just get "access" in the sense of being granted some interviews?

I don't think Joe Marino has media access.  Certainly when pressers were virtual never saw him.

The Bills have to grant access to members of the media per NFL mandate.  I don't think they go any further than the NFL mandates them to go.

I am pretty sure he has regular media access this year and was covering Bills mini camp and OTA’s with the rest of the crew.  

2 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Dean “Astro” Kindig provides play by play details of training camp. A lot of out of towners (like myself) appreciate his TC reports.

Dean posts on www.buffalofambase.com

Now that his name has been used. He is Dean Kindig on Facebook. He may also post there too.

• Like (+1) 2

Tangential thought: NFL should stream an alternative broadcast for each game that features a professional play-by-play announcer flanked on each side by a fan for both teams. And those fans are drinking throughout the game. Imagine the potential for divisional strife. Each week would be a total wildcard. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Suggestion

Everyone Contact the Bills by email and explain to them what a complete screwup this is on their part.

And before the criticism comes, What? You don’t have the time to write???

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Suggestion

Everyone Contact the Bills by email and explain to them what a complete screwup this is on their part.

Seriously?  Over a persons ability to report on a training camp practice?

😂😂😂

Edited by LabattBlue

20 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Recall his original name was Tralfaz, in the episode where his supposed original owner came to reclaim him from the Jetsons. 

So the Jetson’s stole their dog? Evil!

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Suggestion

And before the criticism comes, What? You don’t have the time to write???

You see, my employer would like me to contribute to the success of the company, by using my time and skills, to further our reach into our field, and provide goods and services, to those facilities that can best utilize us.  If I take the time to write to the Buffalo Bills in defense of someone that would like to procure passes to training camp, so that they may report back on what things they have seen, that will take time away from my normal duties, and possibly get me in trouble with my employer, resulting in myself being let go, where I will then have to come on here, and start a GoFundMe to pay for my bills.  And how many people here would actually donate to such fund?  Not many I believe.  That is why I do not have time to write.  

tl/dr:  No

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Tangential thought: NFL should stream an alternative broadcast for each game that features a professional play-by-play announcer flanked on each side by a fan for both teams. And those fans are drinking throughout the game. Imagine the potential for divisional strife. Each week would be a total wildcard. 

I would watch that. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I get what your saying and I enjoyed Astros posts here also. The point is why should the owners of this site advocate for someone on another site?

Lots of podcasters promote each others work.  Many times because they are also consumers of that material.  Do the owners of this site think they should have exclusive control of TC reports?  No.  They will probably read Astro's posts and so have an interest in getting better reports (also better reports will cause more discussion and thus traffic).  Lastly, helping Astro get ability to attend camp could result in TBD getting someone to attend TC eventually.  Does that get to your why sufficiently?  

22 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Recall his original name was Tralfaz, in the episode where his supposed original owner came to reclaim him from the Jetsons. 

No i never, but that's cool i didn't know that or see that episode . Great cartoon though loved the Jetsons as a kid !! 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I nominate Bill Burr for all AFC East teams

• Haha (+1) 2

Other than injuries (which are reported), fights (reported) and notable absences (reported) … what could we possibly care about when it comes to training camp/practice?

I’m not sure where all the concern and outrage is coming from. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Seems to me if we enjoy his updates that much, we -- TwoBillsDrive -- can pay him a salary, even if it's $20 and he can say he's a reporter for this site. 

Other employees of TBD include:

• Scott Sarama: Administrator
  • \GoBillsInDallas/: Article Researcher
  • Rockpile: Historian
  • Nervous Guy: Global Moderator and Senior Advisor
  • Simon: Global Moderator
  • AIO: Global Moderator
  • Alaska Darin: Forum Moderator
  • Just Jack: Forum Moderator

TBD had advertising to pay for operations. And it has a circulation -

• TBD members aka circulation: 22k
  • Batvia Daily News circulation: 7,800

Certainly, the readership here is higher than most small town daily newspapers, which likely get press credentials. 

Astro's reporting is far more informative than anything we could get from the credentialed press. 

Edited by Just in Atlanta
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Since Amazon is already in the mix, broadcast a team centered stream for each game on Twitch with a team-centered host, moderators, chat room, etc.  I know many of the more...experienced members on here would never use it but the younger demographic does quite a bit and it's fun.  If you've never used it, think of basically a large watch party, you're just watching from home rather than all together.  Brings in people from all over the world.

edit - you could do it on YouTube also, but Twitch is a slightly better interface IMO.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Lots of podcasters promote each others work.  Many times because they are also consumers of that material.  Do the owners of this site think they should have exclusive control of TC reports?  No.  They will probably read Astro's posts and so have an interest in getting better reports (also better reports will cause more discussion and thus traffic).  Lastly, helping Astro get ability to attend camp could result in TBD getting someone to attend TC eventually.  Does that get to your why sufficiently?  

did you just fall out of a coconut tree?

Dean is always welcome to discuss anything in the community. He did for many years. It was his decision to stop discussing things here and to promote his work elsewhere. This place is for people who want to be here and discuss the bills. It’s not a place to advertise your side gig. he was not accepting of this rule that applies to everyone who’s ever been here, including cover 1. 

he’s free to login at any time and share his thoughts. I’m sure we would all welcome that. But we all abide the same set of rules here. 

5 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Seems to me if we enjoy his updates that much, we -- TwoBillsDrive -- can pay him a salary, even if it's $20 and he can say he's a reporter for this site. 

Other employees of TBD include:

• Scott Sarama: Administrator
  • \GoBillsInDallas/: Article Researcher
  • Rockpile: Historian
  • Nervous Guy: Global Moderator and Senior Advisor
  • Simon: Global Moderator
  • AIO: Global Moderator
  • Alaska Darin: Forum Moderator
  • Just Jack: Forum Moderator

TBD had advertising to pay for operations. And it has a circulation -

• TBD members aka circulation: 22k
  • Batvia Daily News circulation: 7,800

Certainly, the readership here is higher than most small town daily newspapers, which likely get press credentials. 

Astro's reporting is far more informative than anything we could get from the credentialed press. 

I probably haven’t updated that in 20 years. Also, 22,000 registrations does not mean 22,000 active readers.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The mods at TBD should pay to send me to training camp as their liaison

Lfg

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

did you just fall out of a coconut tree?

Dean is always welcome to discuss anything in the community. He did for many years. It was his decision to stop discussing things here and to promote his work elsewhere. This place is for people who want to be here and discuss the bills. It’s not a place to advertise your side gig. he was not accepting of this rule that applies to everyone who’s ever been here, including cover 1. 

he’s free to login at any time and share his thoughts. I’m sure we would all welcome that. But we all abide the same set of rules here. 

I probably haven’t updated that in 20 years. Also, 22,000 registrations does not mean 22,000 active readers.

I volunteer for duty

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

You see, my employer would like me to contribute to the success of the company, by using my time and skills, to further our reach into our field, and provide goods and services, to those facilities that can best utilize us.  If I take the time to write to the Buffalo Bills in defense of someone that would like to procure passes to training camp, so that they may report back on what things they have seen, that will take time away from my normal duties, and possibly get me in trouble with my employer, resulting in myself being let go, where I will then have to come on here, and start a GoFundMe to pay for my bills.  And how many people here would actually donate to such fund?  Not many I believe.  That is why I do not have time to write.  

tl/dr:  No

I would watch that. 

I would donate. 👍🏻