Astro Notes Update **Link to Wednesday, August 7th Notes added on pg 5**

1 hour ago, SDS said:

did you just fall out of a coconut tree?

Dean is always welcome to discuss anything in the community. He did for many years. It was his decision to stop discussing things here and to promote his work elsewhere. This place is for people who want to be here and discuss the bills. It’s not a place to advertise your side gig. he was not accepting of this rule that applies to everyone who’s ever been here, including cover 1. 

he’s free to login at any time and share his thoughts. I’m sure we would all welcome that. But we all abide the same set of rules here. 

I probably haven’t updated that in 20 years. Also, 22,000 registrations does not mean 22,000 active readers.

Didnt realize he was trying to make it a side business.  His posts didnt feel the same as when eric turner was here.  Also interestingly while this may not be a place to advertise side gigs many folks that have left still have their stuff reported here so we still be doing that work for them (reporters, cover 1, and i guess Dean now).  Its an interesting community on the web youve built and i have a ton of respect for it.  If he was breaking terms i get it, but it didnt seem that way and I dont know why yall wouldnt want to link to Deans work or be generally supportive.  

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Didnt realize he was trying to make it a side business.  His posts didnt feel the same as when eric turner was here.  Also interestingly while this may not be a place to advertise side gigs many folks that have left still have their stuff reported here so we still be doing that work for them (reporters, cover 1, and i guess Dean now).  Its an interesting community on the web youve built and i have a ton of respect for it.  If he was breaking terms i get it, but it didnt seem that way and I dont know why yall wouldnt want to link to Deans work or be generally supportive.  

He stopped interacting with the community and started posted his own links. Anything written elsewhere could have been discussed here. Unfortunately, he chose not to do that and didn't feel like the rules should apply to him. He is welcome here anytime to discuss the Bills. I have no animosity. It was just a weird position to take.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

He stopped interacting with the community and started posted his own links. Anything written elsewhere could have been discussed here. Unfortunately, he chose not to do that and didn't feel like the rules should apply to him. He is welcome here anytime to discuss the Bills. I have no animosity. It was just a weird position to take.

Appreciate the context and Im sure others do too.  Felt like he went from posting here to not and wasnt clear why.  This context helps me understand that a lot.  Its interesting though how we aggregate so much content from all these sources anyway.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Appreciate the context and Im sure others do too.  Felt like he went from posting here to not and wasnt clear why.  This context helps me understand that a lot.  Its interesting though how we aggregate so much content from all these sources anyway.  

we do. But it’s in the context of people wanting to be here, actively contributing to the community without self interest. Be here because you wanna be here. Talk to people because you want to talk to them. I think it’s a fair policy.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 3

On 7/23/2024 at 8:29 AM, Your Brown Eye said:

It makes sense, then anyone can say they are a blogger and get media passes, sucks but I'm fine with the Bills' stance

Sad but true. 

Dean’s buddy, Joe Reagan was there and offered notes for today.

https://buffalofambase.com/2024/07/24/training-camp-notes-wednesday-july-24/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1-U3VE7ul1K0gOi2MoT6kJAdJF3lX_1FhuNiOFXSgl9bctE5R7kw0D5FU_aem_XuyiU0kPNtIjufb838kieA

The great news is he says at the end that Astro will be there tomorrow. 😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 7/24/2024 at 9:46 AM, Gugny said:

Other than injuries (which are reported), fights (reported) and notable absences (reported) … what could we possibly care about when it comes to training camp/practice?

I’m not sure where all the concern and outrage is coming from. 

We live in a time of an entitled, pearl clutching, much ado about virtually nothing society, peopled by folk who think they matter, its more than kinda pathetic when one looks at it even remotely in an objective fashion…, god we humans suck sometimes, 😂

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/23/2024 at 8:29 AM, Your Brown Eye said:

It makes sense, then anyone can say they are a blogger and get media passes, sucks but I'm fine with the Bills' stance

I go to a lot of concerts.  Back in the early internet days there were sites that gave details on how to go about getting photo/press passes so you could get right up in front, between the crowd and the stage.  Typically, it involved either making your own "fake" news site or paying for press credentials from another site.  

• ChevyVanMiller changed the title to Astro Notes Update **Link to July 25 Notes added on pg 4**
On 7/24/2024 at 9:57 AM, Just in Atlanta said:

Seems to me if we enjoy his updates that much, we -- TwoBillsDrive -- can pay him a salary, even if it's $20 and he can say he's a reporter for this site. 

Other employees of TBD include:

• Scott Sarama: Administrator
  • \GoBillsInDallas/: Article Researcher
  • Rockpile: Historian
  • Nervous Guy: Global Moderator and Senior Advisor
  • Simon: Global Moderator
  • AIO: Global Moderator
  • Alaska Darin: Forum Moderator
  • Just Jack: Forum Moderator

TBD had advertising to pay for operations. And it has a circulation -

• TBD members aka circulation: 22k
  • Batvia Daily News circulation: 7,800

Certainly, the readership here is higher than most small town daily newspapers, which likely get press credentials. 

Astro's reporting is far more informative than anything we could get from the credentialed press. 

I was so appreciative of his efforts some years ago , that I purchased a gift card from Good Smoke BBQ in East Rochester ( near St John Fisher )

So yea , I was absolutely willing to donate.

Grateful to Astro for all his perspective (and friends he sat with ) at camp

On 7/24/2024 at 4:42 PM, SDS said:

I do recall this. Bit of a shame. But I also recall it was a pretty straightforward situation.

Never felt like animosity from TBD. Again , is was just weird.

Thanks for coming in to clarify , especially for those who do not recall 👍

On 7/25/2024 at 12:46 PM, Don Otreply said:

We live in a time of an entitled, pearl clutching, much ado about virtually nothing society, peopled by folk who think they matter, its more than kinda pathetic when one looks at it even remotely in an objective fashion…, god we humans suck sometimes, 😂

And yet ......

Here we are 

😋

• Like (+1) 1

• ChevyVanMiller changed the title to Astro Notes Update **Link to Friday, July 26 Notes added on pg 4**
On 7/24/2024 at 9:46 AM, Gugny said:

Other than injuries (which are reported), fights (reported) and notable absences (reported) … what could we possibly care about when it comes to training camp/practice?

this is where I am.  Reading these reports becomes tedious, ultimately yielding nothing of significance.  

fills a void  for some I guess.  

On 7/24/2024 at 6:46 AM, Gugny said:

I get your point.  I read camp reports sometimes but not all the time.

Besides the items you listed,  when I do read the reports I'm looking for health clues, specifically how Milano and Miller look.  I'm also searching for hints on how the WR battle is shaking out.  

On 7/24/2024 at 9:38 AM, WotAGuy said:

I nominate Bill Burr for all AFC East teams

While the spirit of this nomination is spot-on, we can't have Burr as the opposing fan voice except against New England. And even then, we'd want a WNY native who could match his energy ....