Bills 2024 Training Camp! (related content only please)

44 minutes ago, eball said:

Gunner, I have always respected your acceptance of your flawed evaluation of Josh Allen. You of all people know that scouts and analysts can be (and often are) wrong in their evaluations because there are many factors that can’t always be considered. We do the best we can with the information we have, and we use history to predict the future. But it is an inexact science…something unfortunately lost on too many.

Agreed.  As otherwise, every one of those Top-pick in the NFL should be multi-super-bowl winners

10 hours ago, juno999 said:

It's not that crazy if Davis is effective in pass protection.  Time will tell.

Or if Davis can hang on to a perfectly thrown pass that hits him right in the hands...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Josh Allen Leadership/.  In the past, Allen was always in the shadows of Diggs,  Morse, Miller, Poyer and Hyde - the senior statesman of the team.   Now it is truly his team and he is showing his leadership on the field.  Go Bills !

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, balln said:

Yea well. If you draft a SAFETY in the second round. He better be a starter by year two. That’s generally Speaking for all 32 teams

but ON this team- Mr safety - McDermott- with NO starters. Rapp is not a starter. Hyde and poyer gone. Your round 2 pick SHOULD be starting. 

gonna be a head scratching pick again for beane. I honestly think he’s only good at rounds 4-udfa

I agree that your 2nd round pick should be starting, especially in year 2, but I disagree with the last bit...

He hasn't been great at finding ELITE talent in the 1st round, but he's done well at getting good players (with only Elam being a bust so far).

11 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Love to see this excitement... ! One random observation, the back half of the end zone looks like its a dirt track... takes me back to the days of like Memorial Stadium in Baltimore, Alamedia County Stadium in oakland where they would play on the baseball fields and you could tell where the bases and base paths were... 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, balln said:

gonna be a head scratching pick again for beane. I honestly think he’s only good at rounds 4-udfa

Josh Allen sucks.

Ed Oliver sucks.

Dawson Knox sucks.

AJ Epenesa sucks. 

Greg Rousseau sucks.

Spencer Brown sucks. 

James Cooks sucks.

Terrel Bernard sucks. 

Dalton Kincaid sucks

O'Cyrus Torrence sucks. 

Yet somehow, they're still starters on a team projected to win their division and potentially compete for a Super Bowl. 

That's 10/18 players drafted in RD1 - RD3 by Beane. 

*The Other Eight*

Tremaine Edmunds - Starter for Chicago (AND GOT PAID)

Harrison Phillips - Starter for Minnesota

Cody Ford - Objectively not good

Zack Moss - Starter for Cincinnati 

Devin Singletary - Starter for New York

Boogie Basham - Objectively not good

Kaiir Elam - Flashes?

Dorian Williams - The Jury is Still Out

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

23 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Josh Allen Leadership/.  In the past, Allen was always in the shadows of Diggs,  Morse, Miller, Poyer and Hyde - the senior statesman of the team.   Now it is truly his team and he is showing his leadership on the field.  Go Bills !

As a leader he needs to “when appropriate “ get on his boys to up their games, of course we all hope that won’t be necessary,  I think Josh will inherently know how to do that in a measured fashion. 

GO BILLS!!!

FWIW I'm a fan of separate threads for each day vs one mega thread - impossible to easily go back and find things from any previous days, also allows dicussing specific things from separate days in an ordered way

Edited by stevewin
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Exactly! I guarantee that is something that Allen himself instituted. Also, look at the pass. He hits his back foot and the ball is gone. If he can do more of that, we are in good shape.

8 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Allen's leadership might be an overlooked factor in the team's prospects this year. Talent isn't everything. Old timers remember the "resilient Bills" teams that often won on sheer grit. If this is truly Allen's team now, reflecting his personality, I'm curious to see how it manifests. I'm thinking fun, cheerful, loose, a bit goofy, but also extremely competitive. McDermott's temperament is arguably the opposite: grim, cautious, nervous, controlling, old school. Ideally, they would complement each other, or, better, McDermott will get out of the way of both his coordinators and confine his role to making sure the team is prepared. Let everyone play to their strengths, and they could get finally get over the hump. 

33 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Josh Allen sucks.

Ed Oliver sucks.

Dawson Knox sucks.

AJ Epenesa sucks. 

Greg Rousseau sucks.

Spencer Brown sucks. 

James Cooks sucks.

Terrel Bernard sucks. 

Dalton Kincaid sucks

O'Cyrus Torrence sucks. 

Yet somehow, they're still starters on a team projected to win their division and potentially compete for a Super Bowl. 

That's 10/18 players drafted in RD1 - RD3 by Beane. 

*The Other Eight*

Tremaine Edmunds - Starter for Chicago (AND GOT PAID)

Harrison Phillips - Starter for Minnesota

Cody Ford - Objectively not good

Zack Moss - Starter for Cincinnati 

Devin Singletary - Starter for New York

Boogie Basham - Objectively not good

Kaiir Elam - Flashes?

Dorian Williams - The Jury is Still Out

I also love the narrative that McDermott doesn't play rookies lol.