Bills 2024 Training Camp! (related content only please)

19 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Expensive items like these are among the reasons why it’s not so uncommon to hear of ballers going broke.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Good to see that Milano has no brace or wearable on the previously injured leg.  Hopefully a sign that he has truly fully recovered from a serious injury.

53 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Notable perhaps, but not surprising in the least. Returning Bills vets usually get the initial first team reps when camp opens. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I love the identity of this offense.  Run the ball and smashmouth to the redzone, and then let your hulking playmakers do their job.  Shakir will get yards, I expect Kinkaid/Coleman/Knox to be the TD leaders this year.  6+ each.  They will prioritize using Allen at the goaline or getting the ball to advantages matchups in the endzone.  5'11 corners cant guard 6'4 TEs and WRs with verticals.  

Beane doesn't let Diggs/Davis go if he doesn't think the team can come close to being as efficient as they have been in the past.  Beane puts a ton of stock in Shakir/Kincaid to be receiving leaders on this team

Let's go BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

One update from Matt Parrino on the OL (keeping in mind no pads today so grain of salt):

The offensive line was outstanding today. They dominated the defensive front during the red zone period. Von Miller looked quick with his first step but he couldn't make any headway against Dawkins or Brown, depending on where he lined up. David Edwards was in at left guard and he doesn't appear to be in a competition for the job. He played there with the first team all day.
Sedrick Van Pran Granger spent his day as the center on the third team offense. He has some work to do to work his way past Will Clapp.

For those hoping SVPG makes his way into the starting lineup, put those hopes aside. The starting OL is set in stone unless something drastic happens.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

One update from Matt Parrino on the OL (keeping in mind no pads today so grain of salt):

For those hoping SVPG makes his way into the starting lineup, put those hopes aside. The starting OL is set in stone unless something drastic happens.

this looks like a good deep group with a couple of developmental players.

Guys will get cut from this team if everyone is healthy and make other teams rosters and play this year.

also, much like the wr group, this unit is very big.  The bills have an overall very big offense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

was there any news on how exchanges w center looked

20 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I love the identity of this offense.  Run the ball and smashmouth to the redzone, and then let your hulking playmakers do their job.  Shakir will get yards, I expect Kinkaid/Coleman/Knox to be the TD leaders this year.  6+ each.  They will prioritize using Allen at the goaline or getting the ball to advantages matchups in the endzone.  5'11 corners cant guard 6'4 TEs and WRs with verticals.  

Beane doesn't let Diggs/Davis go if he doesn't think the team can come close to being as efficient as they have been in the past.  Beane puts a ton of stock in Shakir/Kincaid to be receiving leaders on this team

Let's go BUFFALO

Kincaid should be a 150 target player.

he ran such a limited route tree last year and was still impactful.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Process said:

People are sleeping on Shakir. Guy catches everything and makes plays. Think he can be a 1k+ WR as soon as this season. 

I’m getting ahead of myself a tad, but Shakir reminds me of an Amon-Ra St. Brown type. Hopefully, he can put up similar production. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It's early but yes that's what I read into it. Shakir, Coleman and Samuel being locks is no surprise. That MVS is? It's definitely an observation 

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Hope to see a lot of this

We need to spam Chiefs Twitter with this right? That's how it works?

• Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

It’s early, but encouraging way to open camp especially since in past years the offense typically started slower than the defense.  

While it was great to see all the great tweets about the people catching passes from WR’s, TE’s and RB’s…it’s early and no pads.  What I really loved coming out today was all the stuff about Brady’s offense and what it looked like.  It’s exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to see.  Again, it’s early and no pads, but the routes, designs, movement, etc that was being tweeted about was encouraging.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

My favorite three Tweets of the day so far below. Music to my ears. I think I'm going to like Mr Brady's offense :devil:

I've seen a lot of this theorized but it's nice to see it getting expanded. One comment I heard from Brady last year was something like "we use motion but we use it for a purpose". At times it seemed that Dorsey was using motion as window dressing. Brady seems to be using it to diagnose coverages and make mismatches 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

It's almost like JA wasn't forcing it to anyone. Interesting 🤔 

Addition by subtraction 

We will be more productive this year on offense than last year.  I would not be surprised to see career highs from Josh this year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I've seen a lot of this theorized but it's nice to see it getting expanded. One comment I heard from Brady last year was something like "we use motion but we use it for a purpose". At times it seemed that Dorsey was using motion as window dressing. Brady seems to be using it to diagnose coverages and make mismatches 

I absolutely believe that motion and pre-snap shifts provide the BIGGEST advantage you can legally give an offense. 

Motion and shifts can cause defensive confusion, help the QB identify coverage, set the offensive player up to out-leverage the defender, and make defenders hesitate for just a split second, which can be all an offensive player needs to beat his man. They can also force the defense into disadvantageous personnel groupings, like when an offense comes out in 12 personnel and then flexes the RB and TEs out into a spread set, creating isolation matchups against linebackers and safeties.

In my estimation, EVERY offense should make liberal use of pre-snap motion. The Bills didn't do it nearly enough (or effectively enough) for my liking in the Dorsey era.

I also believe that the APPEARANCE of complexity can provide a big advantage, even if what ultimately ends up happening is relatively simple. Kyle Shanahan and his coaching tree love to call the same basic play out of multiple different formations and with multiple pre-snap motions and shifts. But it all still winds up being the same play. Makes it simple for the offense, but creates headaches and confusion for the defense.

I know its only day one, but the talk of condensed formations, reduced splits, and ample motion and shifts has me very excited about Brady's potential offense.

• Agree 6