Bills 2024 Training Camp! (related content only please)

I’m going to the practice tomorrow. It starts at 9:45. When do they actually let people in? I want to get there as early as possible. Looking forward to giving everyone first hand practice updates 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’m going to the practice tomorrow. It starts at 9:45. When do they actually let people in? I want to get there as early as possible. Looking forward to giving everyone first hand practice updates 

I think the gates open at 9:00.   There’s a huge line that forms before then, so get there early if you want a certain spot on the bleachers 

Just a reminder, camp is not the end all be all for rookies.  I remember Bernard looking lost in his first camp.

When I was a kid, I watched a rookie Lee Evans and Eric Moulds do the same drill on the jugs machine.  Moulds stood 50 feet away from the jugs machine, caught a pass, and then took a step closer.  Every catch stuck - no juggles or minor adjustments once the ball hit the hands.  He got closer and closer, until he was about 12 feet from it.  Then Evans stepped up.  He did ok from 50-35 feet, but then you could see his steps forward would get smaller and smaller.  He started dropping passes, or juggling to catch the ball.  Finally, after Moulds gave him some ribbing, he finished with a pass right off the helmet about 15 feet away from the jugs.  The crowd wasn't exactly thrilled, and fortunately Lee Evans ended up becoming a very underrated receiver for this team.

I'm always excited to see how stands out in camp, and who they start throwing into first team drills.  Let's go!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

If you go early enough drop your group off at the front gate and park your car in the sherwood neighborhood. Not the streets names. 

Go towards e Rochester turn right on 153 turn left at 1st street and park on the side street and walk back if you have a bike just ride that back. It is only a half mile nice walk. Pm me if you need more info have fun

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Can't wait for Josh to hit Coleman on a deep ball ... 3 step drop and unload a 60+ yard pass... TD.

That will be fun but I think the magic in coleman is going to be making acrobatic catches along the sideline.  Going up and snatching a ball at the high point while covered.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Let's keep this thread focused on Training Camp updates and actual news instead of using it to repeatedly rehash arguments that are already ongoing in multiple other threads.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

18 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Going on Monday with the kids. Any tips on getting autographs? 

VIP have the best shot at autographs since they have access to fence on the field that players may wander over to (my avatar pic).  If you don't have VIP they usually have a few players designated to sign in the stadium after practice is over.  Not sure if sometimes a player or two will come over the the bleachers when it is over - I leave by then but seems like I've seen clips of that.  Sometimes players will sign going to/from the field if you can get a spot on the fence outside of the tunnel entrance.  Sometimes a few will stop at the tunnel coming off the field but that can be a mob scene (and most direct access even for that is the VIP section on the field).  One year my son got his hat signed by Beane by yelling 'Go UNCW Seahawks!' (both Beane and my son went there) from the top of the tunnel and got his attention and tossed his hat down then Beane signed and threw it back.  That was back when things weren't so crowded - some people may still try to toss things (or even dangle things from strings) but not sure that would be recomended if it's really crowded (someone hit Josh with a box they tossed down in Highmark tunnel when he wasn't looking last year or a couple years ago and he was not happy).

Things are way different than it used to be in terms of access.  You used to be able to hang along the fence all around the field and be close to the players (and there was only a fraction of fans).  One year Willis McGahee was hanging around with some RBs running sprints after practive and we called him over and he just walked up and signed my son's shirt.  Now the fences are further back and the VIP takes most of the close access.

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about the whole autograph thing anymore.  IMO the experience is much more enjoyable and stress-free if that is not on the agenda.

Edited by stevewin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

669ff6c53920e.image.jpg?resize=1035,690

Bills Training Camp Primer: Only durability prevents Terrel Bernard, Matt Milano from being one of NFL's top tandems

Terrel Bernard and Matt Milano combined for 58 tackles and six takeaways in the first four games. By the end of the season, both were watching from the sidelines, injured and helpless as the Kansas City Chiefs exploited a ragtag group of Buffalo Bills linebackers.

At some point, every linebacker on the active roster missed at least one game, except rookie Dorian Williams. But if the pair are healthy this season, they should pick up where they left off before Milano was injured.

“When we’re communicating with each other, he’s saying the communication before I even get it out,” Bernard said. “Just little things here and there, talking about the splits, about situational ball, like what’s coming, what the offense is presenting to us. Me and him have a really tight connection, and … we see things the same way, so having him right behind me, and just reciprocating what I’m thinking, it builds a level of confidence between both of us.”

05fe5b8a-803f-4395-a0db-2d17c3e7cf4c-SD_

Bills training camp schedule: Practice times for each session at St. John Fisher

Buffalo Bills training camp schedule 2024

Wednesday, July 24, 9:45 a.m.

Thursday, July 25 at 9:45 a.m

Friday, July 26, 9:45 a.m.

Sunday, July 28, 9:45 a.m.

Monday, July 29, 9:45 a.m.

Tuesday, July 30, 9:45 a.m.

Thursday, Aug. 1, 9:45 a.m.

Sunday, Aug. 4, 11:45 a.m.

Wednesday, Aug. 7, 9:45 a.m.

Thursday, Aug. 8, 9:45 a.m.

• Awesome! (+1) 1