NFL Top 100 Players

Am I crazy to think this list is just a false flag operation by the league to create debate and chatter. I’ve never seen it explained exactly how they formulate the list, I’ve only seen a leaked sheet every year and it looks like they ask the players who’s the top 20 or 25.

How do they come up with 100 players ? I’m guessing the same 15 to 20 players are on everybody’s list.

I don’t know, something just seems fishy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Listening to Shannon Sharpe and Ocho Cinco talk Lamar vs Josh was hilarious.  They would take Lamar, bc he has played in a Championship game and has two MVPs.  They didn’t account that Josh had as well. They did give Josh more credit as the podcast went on, but what was funny was that they didn’t address the elephant in the room with playoff performances between the two.  I’ll take the guy with 21 TDs to 4 Ints, 272 yds/playoff game, and 10 games over the guy with 6 TDs, 6 Ints, 206 yds/playoff game.  I’ll also take the guy who puts his team on his shoulders when it matters most and wills them to victory when chips are down. We’ve seen Josh do it twice bringing this team into playoffs after a rough start to season. We’ve seen Lamar disappear (albeit with an injury, but also not with his team) to the point it wasn’t clear if he was going to be on the Ravens the following year.  Career-wise Josh crushes Lamar in total TDs as well. https://stathead.com/football/vs/josh-allen-vs-lamar-jackson

I like Lamar Jackson but I don’t understand how you can just overlook the reality before you.  Well I do, but it just hurts any credibility.  MVPs don’t mean crap, nor do these lists.  Lamar isn’t in the same tier as Mahomes nor Allen - those two are special players that elevate their games the bigger the stage.  Obviously Mahomes has had the better of the matchups and better coaching.  Mahomes in his own tier is justified as well - championships are all that matter.  Lamar hasn’t done that and really hasn’t in his career, either. He’s been MVP when he has had a really solid team around him, but who would you want when you need it most in a situation where it’s a must?  Mahomes, sure, but Lamar isn’t the next name anyone is going to say. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lamar being so high is a joke. Yes he has 2 MVPs and is obviously a great player but he has proven time and again when things get serious in the playoffs he goes to pieces and underwhelms. 

I honestly think at least 29 out of 32 gms in the league would pick josh over Lamar, and 32 would take Mahomes over him.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

Well, it’s obvious now that Miami has to make Tyreek the highest paid receiver.

He's better than Mahomes so I'm thinking something like $75 million AAV seems fair

• Haha (+1) 1

Lamar Jackson is the most overrated player of my life.  

It’s comical at this point. 

If someone wants to put him as QB3.. fine, that’s debatable vs Burrow and whoever else one wants to put there…. But ahead of Allen & also ahead of Mahomes.  

The discourse around him is exhausting. 

Fun player to watch in the regular season.  Still not better than Mahomes or Allen.   Absolute dud in the playoffs. 

• Agree 3

Thanks... Give the Chiefs more motivation, that's just what we needed lol

At least this will take some of the "overrated" talk away from Allen & finally direct it towards Lamar.

People were in denial before, but this will get all the talking heads to finally look at things with a bit more scrutiny.

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I’m not sure why it bothers me so much, but the fact that the players voted a serial domestic abuser and all around garbage human being as the #1 player is really disappointing.  Almost as disappointing as the league celebrating this degenerate every chance they get.  

The NFL would be a terrible product if only choir boys are allowed to play. Learn to separate the on field performance from the off the field behaviors. It’ll be a lot more enjoyable. 

• Dislike 1

On 8/3/2024 at 12:53 AM, julian said:

Am I crazy to think this list is just a false flag operation by the league to create debate and chatter. I’ve never seen it explained exactly how they formulate the list, I’ve only seen a leaked sheet every year and it looks like they ask the players who’s the top 20 or 25.

How do they come up with 100 players ? I’m guessing the same 15 to 20 players are on everybody’s list.

I don’t know, something just seems fishy.

They walk around locker rooms starting halfway through the season and randomly hand out the sheet to any player that will fill it out. They list their top 20 players in the league.

Pretty obvious that players are just putting down their teammates and personal friends, because there is no way Dion Dawkins should be on anybody’s top-20 list.

Lamar Jackson over Mahomes/Allen could just be that they got more Ravens players to fill out the poll. It is not a scientific process.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

The NFL would be a terrible product if only choir boys are allowed to play. Learn to separate the on field performance from the off the field behaviors. It’ll be a lot more enjoyable. 

There is a mile wide gap between "choir boys" and a guy that repeatedly beat his pregnant girlfriend and broke his toddler's arm.  I can enjoy football and also realize that there are players that should not be celebrated based on their disgusting off field behavior.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1