NFL Top 100 Players

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

no

It means there are reasons beyond QB as to why teams do or don't accomplish things

Simply put, outside of Buffalo no one cares though. 

We all knows he’s at least the 2nd best QB in the league. The league and national media don’t all agree. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No one. Get some hardware Josh. Right. I think he gets it this year.

i should clarify

i dont care if people think allens the second, third, first or fiftieth best qb in the NFL because he doesnt have a super bowl

i do care that the buffalo bills win a super bowl

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

i should clarify

i dont care if people think allens the second, third, first or fiftieth best qb in the NFL because he doesnt have a super bowl

i do care that the buffalo bills win a super bowl

Josh Allen will win the MVP this season. There will be no more discussion after the season. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh Allen will win the MVP this season. There will be no more discussion after the season. 

I don't know if Allen will ever win an MVP. He is responsible for many TD's both passing and rushing which we all love. But Allen's style of play is an aggressive one. He has a gunslinger mentality. He is a bigger/stronger version of Brett Favre. Combine that with his abilities and he is able to make plays that maybe only Mahomes can make. The downside to that is he will turn the ball over with his gunslinger/aggressive style of play. That will hurt him some when it comes to MVP talk. While Allen will probably throw for 30 or more TD's every year and rush for 10 or more. He is also probably good for at least 15 INT's a year as well. Personally, I could care less if he wins an MVP as long as he can help the Bills win a Super Bowl. That is what really matters.

Edited by Gregg
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I don't know if Allen will ever win an MVP. He is responsible for many TD's both passing and receiving which we all love. But Allen's style of play is an aggressive one. He has a gunslinger mentality. He is a bigger/stronger version of Brett Favre. Combine that with his abilities and he is able to make plays that maybe only Mahomes can make. The downside to that is he will turn the ball over with his gunslinger/aggressive style of play. That will hurt him some when it comes to MVP talk. While Allen will probably throw for 30 or more TD's every year and rush for 10 or more. He is also probably good for at least 15 INT's a year as well. Personally, I could care less if he wins an MVP as long as he can help the Bills win a Super Bowl. That is what really matters.

We’ll see. This offense is going to be more quick throws. I think he’ll throw less INTs this year.

The only question I have is will his other stats drop, that probably depends on his receivers/TEs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think most Bills fans would rank the top 2 the same.

Here’s my question, what criteria do you use to rank the next 2-3 QBs?

there isn’t a set criteria. Every quarterback is in a unique situation of their own. You really can’t have set criteria.

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

there isn’t a set criteria. Every quarterback is in a unique situation of their own. You really can’t have set criteria.

Exactly.  You could have Burrow/Lamar/Stroud/Stafford/even Rodgers as QB3 from a GM/Fan perspective depending on scheme, wants, attributes they measure by

Referring to Allen’s “turnover problem” Chris Simms suggested 4 time MVP Rodgers playing it too safe in terms of turnover avoidance actually has doomed him in postseason. Probably has a point.  Similar to a highly ranked yardage defense that can’t force a turnover in the playoffs.  

20 hours ago, Gregg said:

I don't know if Allen will ever win an MVP. He is responsible for many TD's both passing and rushing which we all love. But Allen's style of play is an aggressive one. He has a gunslinger mentality. He is a bigger/stronger version of Brett Favre. Combine that with his abilities and he is able to make plays that maybe only Mahomes can make. The downside to that is he will turn the ball over with his gunslinger/aggressive style of play. That will hurt him some when it comes to MVP talk. While Allen will probably throw for 30 or more TD's every year and rush for 10 or more. He is also probably good for at least 15 INT's a year as well. Personally, I could care less if he wins an MVP as long as he can help the Bills win a Super Bowl. That is what really matters.

MVP voters will really give a QB a hard look when they have a 3 to 1 TD/INT ratio or better not including rushing TD's. People can dislike like that comment but nobody who has won the MVP in the modern era at QB had anything lower than a 3 to 1 ratio. Josh was at that mark once in 2020 and that was the closest year he had to the MVP. I expect that season in 2023 would have done it. 

2023 - 3.42  Jackson         Allen 1.61

2022- 3.42 - Mahomes     Allen 2.67

2021-  9.25 - Rogers         Allen 2.4

2020- 9.60 - Rogers          Allen 3.70

2019- 6.00  - Jackson       Allen   2.22

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1

If the players voted purely on who had the best season like they’re supposed to (and submitted their votes before the regular season ended), having Lamar over Mahomes makes plenty of sense. But then stuff like Rodgers being ranked or Mahomes over Allen does not make sense so yeah, weird list. 

• Like (+1) 1