NFL Top 100 Players

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  If you think about it most of his turnover heavy games last year happened to be on Prime Time starting with his worst game of the year against the Jets.  Sets the narrative for the season.

It's 100% voted on by players. I don't think many even watch football games outside of their own prep for each week. It's fully a popularity contest, and Allen seems to struggle to win those. Putting on my conspiracy hat, I think players in the league hold Allen's tweets from when he was a teenager against him. I also think he's known as one of the biggest trash talkers in the league. So, down the popularity rankings he goes.

Like another poster said, if there were a NFL-wide redraft, Mahomes would go #1 and Allen would go #2.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The number of people online who think this list is some sort of objective truth is too high. A player is handed a ballot in the locker room to write down 20 names after Thanksgiving during the season. Only a subset of NFL players are polled. I don't believe each team or position group get the same number of players polled. Just whoever the guys handing out the ballots can get to fill it out.

Each ballot probably has 10 players from their own team on it, and then 10 players that they are most friendly with. Dawkins at the bottom of the list probably only got votes from Bills players because there is no way a player from another team that isn't his personal friend would rank him as a top 20 player in the NFL.

/rant

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Allen at #12.

Josh Allen, the #12 player in the league? And the first person they have him behind is Fred Warner?

Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen should be Top 7 easy. 

He's QB2 and it really isn't up for debate.    TD Machine  and has shown up in Playoffs

Burrow is not a threat with his legs + injuries.   

Lamar has not risen even close to the same level as Mahomes or Allen in the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1

I personally love all this. I love Josh being called overrated by one exec (and that quote going viral), I love the rhetoric of the Bills being terrible this season because they "lost so many guys", and I love this too. 

I'm a big believer, rightly or wrongly, in things being set up a certain way, and all these signs keep pointing in my mind to Josh having an amazing season and the Bills doing something special.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I personally love all this. I love Josh being called overrated by one exec (and that quote going viral), I love the rhetoric of the Bills being terrible this season because they "lost so many guys", and I love this too. 

I'm a big believer, rightly or wrongly, in things being set up a certain way, and all these signs keep pointing in my mind to Josh having an amazing season and the Bills doing something special.

And if he doesn’t and they don’t would those criticisms of him and the team be justified?

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Lamar has not risen even close to the same level as Mahomes or Allen in the playoffs 

Lamar isn't even on the same level during the Regular Season despite two MVP's. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

I see it as well 

I just looked through the list-did I miss where Burrow is on that list? I assume he would still Be voted onto this list (if Rodgers is on there, he has to be on there)…No way he’s top 10

49 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I just looked through the list-did I miss where Burrow is on that list? I assume he would still Be voted onto this list (if Rodgers is on there, he has to be on there)…No way he’s top 10

I think he was #39 or some ridiculously low ranking like that. 

This list is much like the “overrated” quote - all manufactured controversy.  Tabloid tactics to create something to talk about. Everyone sees Josh’s talent and it is undeniable, but there is also no championship to go with it so it’s an easy target to make him the center of disrespect and then get people to talk about both sides of the argument.   There is only one guy ahead of him that any team would want first - that is Mahomes and it isn’t unanimous.  You’ll be able to laugh off the other 10 guys as a joke starting with Fred Warner.  Warner is a good player but he plays behind a great DL, and you can’t tell me that any player, fan, or coach thinks he is more valuable than Josh Allen in terms of Ws.

Edited by Ayjent

10 hours ago, H2o said:

Lamar isn't even on the same level during the Regular Season despite two MVP's. 

Hurts was above Allen last year.  This may be controversial but if Josh Allen was black he'd be top 5 every year imo.