Lefties: Who do you endorse?

I want to hear from our Lefties. Who do you endorse for President in 2024? Your own party doesn't care what you think and will simply endorse whoever they want so I wanted to create a place for you to go on record with your thoughts since we believe in Democracy even if they don't. We have heard from whoever writes Biden's tweets, Pelosi, Schumer, Jeffries, the Clinton's. They fully endorse Kamala. The only ones that haven't endorsed Kamala have been the Obama's.

Who has your endorsement and will they win in November?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I want to hear from our Lefties. Who do you endorse for President in 2024? Your own party doesn't care what you think and will simply endorse whoever they want so I wanted to create a place for you to go on record with your thoughts since we believe in Democracy even if they don't. We have heard from whoever writes Biden's tweets, Pelosi, Schumer, Jeffries, the Clinton's. They fully endorse Kamala. The only ones that haven't endorsed Kamala have been the Obama's.

Who has your endorsement and will they win in November?

Fair question. Although I am definitely not a "lefty." My preferred choice, particularly with if at least one chamber is controlled by Democrats, would be what used to be called a Republican. Mitt Romney, or someone cut from that cloth. So no, not a "lefty."

The worst case scenario for me would be a Trump win alongside the Republicans taking the Senate (and keeping the House). With the current Supreme Court, there would be no real check on what I consider to be Trump's crazier impulses.

The best case would be a moderate Democrat. Kamala is too far left for my tastes. The way Biden governed was also too far left. I would say something like Beshear (Gov of KY) who understands what it means to work with Republicans for the good of the state. Obviously there are others of the same type too. I don't need big personalities. I want functional government. In my lifetime the best example was the Bill Clinton administration: balanced budgets, reform in key areas (welfare and yes, immigration, although that fell apart quickly through lax enforcement, sound tax policy, generally sound foreign policy, etc. All with a very adversarial House for a good part of his presidency.

Bill Clinton came from that same background: governor of a conservative state, used to working with people across the aisle.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Hard to square the idea of the Dem party not caring what its voters think when Dem voters were consistently saying that they didn’t want Biden…

In any event, I didn’t want Biden in 2020 but I voted for him (first Dem president I ever voted for). I definitely didn’t want Biden in 2024, but was prepared to vote for him since the alternative is Trump. 

Of the options on the table, I’ll gladly vote Harris over Trump. 

Maybe this mess will get people to actually consider some serious electoral reforms but I won’t hold my breath. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Fair question. Although I am definitely not a "lefty." My preferred choice, particularly with if at least one chamber is controlled by Democrats, would be what used to be called a Republican. Mitt Romney, or someone cut from that cloth. So no, not a "lefty."

The worst case scenario for me would be a Trump win alongside the Republicans taking the Senate (and keeping the House). With the current Supreme Court, there would be no real check on what I consider to be Trump's crazier impulses.

The best case would be a moderate Democrat. Kamala is too far left for my tastes. The way Biden governed was also too far left. I would say something like Beshear (Gov of KY) who understands what it means to work with Republicans for the good of the state. Obviously there are others of the same type too. I don't need big personalities. I want functional government. In my lifetime the best example was the Bill Clinton administration: balanced budgets, reform in key areas (welfare and yes, immigration, although that fell apart quickly through lax enforcement, sound tax policy, generally sound foreign policy, etc. All with a very adversarial House for a good part of his presidency.

Bill Clinton came from that same background: governor of a conservative state, used to working with people across the aisle.

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Hard to square the idea of the Dem party not caring what its voters think when Dem voters were consistently saying that they didn’t want Biden…

In any event, I didn’t want Biden in 2020 but I voted for him (first Dem president I ever voted for). I definitely didn’t want Biden in 2024, but was prepared to vote for him since the alternative is Trump. 

Maybe this mess will get people to actually consider some serious electoral reforms but I won’t hold my breath. 

U said u didn't want Biden but still voted for him? Maaan good stuff!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

U said u didn't want Biden but still voted for him? Maaan good stuff!

Yeah, sometimes grown ups have to choose between options they don’t love. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I didn't want the 49ers to win the Super Bowl.

But I really didn't want the Chiefs to win again.

So I rooted for the 49ers.

Is that so difficult to understand?

Apparently. 

Just now, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

I'd be salty too if I was duped by my party.

I'm not salty at all. I’m quite happy with the current state of things. 

After the Biden campaign failed to reassure voters post-debate and the polls began to tank, it was clear that he could not win. 

While Harris wouldn’t have been my first pick, it was the cleanest way to change the ticket, add momentum, and refocus on beating Trump. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dems: We don’t want Biden to run for re-election

Biden: I’m running

Dems: We don’t want Biden

Dem Primaries: your options are Biden, a nobody, and a whack job 

Dems: We’ll vote Biden but we’d prefer a better candidate 

Biden: I’m going to fail miserably at this debate and then spend a week figuring out what to do instead of reassuring voters 

Dems: We *really* don’t want Biden

Biden: Ok, I am going to end my campaign 

GOP: How could the DNC disrespect Dem voters like this?!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I'm not salty at all. I’m quite happy with the current state of things. 

After the Biden campaign failed to reassure voters post-debate and the polls began to tank, it was clear that he could not win. 

While Harris wouldn’t have been my first pick, it was the cleanest way to change the ticket, add momentum, and refocus on beating Trump. 

It should've never gotten that far. Serious question...... you don't feel bad or ashamed that you were lied too? All you care about is beating Trump? Even though your party has proven time and time again they are just dishonest. We gotta protect democracy for sure, against democrats. They rig the system, and panic when it's not working, which is what you see happening now.

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Dems: We don’t want Biden to run for re-election

Biden: I’m running

Dems: We don’t want Biden

Dem Primaries: your options are Biden, a nobody, and a whack job 

Dems: We’ll vote Biden but we’d prefer a better candidate 

Biden: I’m going to fail miserably at this debate and then spend a week figuring out what to do instead of reassuring voters 

Dems: We *really* don’t want Biden

Biden: Ok, I am going to end my campaign 

GOP: How could the DNC disrespect Dem voters like this?!

Dude, he was way too gone before the debate, you disingenuous piece of work. You act like yall didn't want Biden before. ***** laughable at this point.

6 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

It should've never gotten that far. Serious question...... you don't feel bad or ashamed that you were lied too? All you care about is beating Trump? Even though your party has proven time and time again they are just dishonest. We gotta protect democracy for sure, against democrats. They rig the system, and panic when it's not working, which is what you see happening now.

Dude, he was way too gone before the debate, you disingenuous piece of work. You act like yall didn't want Biden before. ***** laughable at this point.

I certainly don’t like how the Biden issue has been handled. But I’m glad he’s not the candidate. 

It’s not about feelings or being owed anything. It’s about who will be a better president.

If my choice this November is either Harris or Trump, I will gladly cast my ballot for Harris with zero hesitation. 

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I certainly don’t like how the Biden issue has been handled. But I’m glad he’s not the candidate. 

It’s not about feelings or being owed anything. It’s about who will be a better president.

If my choice this November is either Harris or Trump, I will gladly cast my ballot for Harris with zero hesitation. 

Based on what? Cause it sure as hell isn't policy. What gives you any faith Kamala can deliver anything? Her job was the border, how's that going? The dems blind hatred for trump has gotten us here, congratulations!

7 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Based on what? Cause it sure as hell isn't policy. What gives you any faith Kamala can deliver anything? Her job was the border, how's that going? The dems blind hatred for trump has gotten us here, congratulations!

It might be a good idea if you log off for a bit and touch some grass. You seem a bit wound up. 

My dislike of Trump is not blind but rather based on the things he says and does.

People their own have policy preferences, that is how things work. I’ve seen Trump’s and I’ve seen in his own words and actions that he is unfit for office, in my opinion. 

You may disagree, and that is your right to do so.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It might be a good idea if you log off for a bit and touch some grass. You seem a bit wound up. 

My dislike of Trump is not blind but rather based on the things he says and does.

People their own have policy preferences, that is how things work. I’ve seen Trump’s and I’ve seen in his own words and actions that he is unfit for office, in my opinion. 

You may disagree, and that is your right to do so.

Guarantee you had it better 4 years ago, but that's not important as party loyalty, right? I'm good man, stupid people irritate me, what can I say?

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I didn't want Trump or Hillary in 2016. I sat in the dark wondering if the world was going to end after I found out Trump had won. I was glad Hillary didn't given how corrupt she is but I also was worried that Trump wouldn't have what it took and perhaps I bought into the media nonsense. What happened next has fostered my current beliefs.

The media went absolutely nuts and came out with the most idiotic lies, they impeached him on nothing, he became even more popular as the country flourished and so coincidentally a lab created virus just so happened to be released to ensure sure he didn't win, they attempted numerous times to make up crimes to prosecute him for, and then they were complicit or negligent in someone trying to kill him.

"The lady doth protest too much methinks." Or as the kids today would say it "y'all doing too much." If they are doing all of this and expending all of their power and resources to try and stop him then he is doing something RIGHT. When all of media, celebrities, corporations are against you and making up lie after lie to try and take you down then it's because they are threatened. F them and at this point Trump is a big middle finger to the establishment. I'll gladly vote for whoever they are against because this country isn't about them, it's about you and me. They work for us, never forget that.

Now they are telling you guys that you have to vote for Kamala. Screw that! Vote RFK if you don't like Trump. Be your own person. Screw every politician that continues to get rich off of us, screw every celebrity that thinks they know better, screw every corporation and CEO and their outlandish salaries.

A vote for Kamala is a vote for the establishment, the Biden's, the Obama's, the Clinton's, the oligarchy. F that and F them!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Guarantee you had it better 4 years ago, but that's not important as party loyalty, right? I'm good man, stupid people irritate me, what can I say?

I honestly didn’t. I did pretty well personally during the Trump admin but I’m making about 50% more now than I was three years ago. 

I am sorry that you find yourself so irritating. That must be tough. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

I honestly didn’t. I did pretty well personally during the Trump admin but I’m making about 50% more now than I was three years ago. 

I am sorry that you find yourself so irritating. That must be tough. 

How much is everything now? Nice own goal