Excellent Article on Terrel Bernard from Tim Graham

On 7/22/2024 at 12:59 PM, Orlando Buffalo said:

I am not a McD basher overall but that decision of not using either Elam or Neal after the first drive was infuriating. Klein could not have cover me properly and was completely worthless. 

KC Would have just ran the ball instead. That injury killed us

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yes-  KC has better coaching than us.

whats your point?  Maybe we should sign Andy Reid and Spags.  

conpare the chiefs to any team in the league-  you get the same results.  Maybe every team should fire their coach and hire them too

so there's simply  no other NFL coach who could take the Bills team and win a single playoff game against Reid's Chiefs?

If McD can't do it, no one possibly could?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

so there's simply  no other NFL coach who could take the Bills team and win a single playoff game against Reid's Chiefs?

If McD can't do it, no one possibly could?

Yes, that’s exactly what I said.  🙄 

Just to expand on his loss impacting the KC game - Klein was lost/beaten in coverage on 2 plays of over 20 yards, Pacheco ran through the middle of the defense all night, and Dodson poorly communicated on the first Kelce touchdown.  I'm not saying Bernard stops ALL of those from happening, but if he impacts 1 or 2 we may have experienced a different result that night.

• Like (+1) 1

I was harsh on Terrel Bernard after the first game he filled in for Tremaine Edmunds. It was a lackluster game for him and I expressed low expectations for the future.

I WAS WRONG, and I am glad about that.

Edited by boater

Bernard and Milano is a great combination if Milano is fully healthy.  I love that the team is slowly building quality depth.  Williams showed he was a rookie last season at times.   The linebacking now has top notch athleticism from starters to third string.  I think the depth players are all pretty competitive.  Even Andreeson looks like he can play in the league.  I feel just about as comfortable about the linebacking as I could possibly feel.

• Like (+1) 1

Despite capturing the coaching staff’s imagination right away, La Porte High didn’t expect Bernard to play varsity from the jump. In the program was 6-foot-3, 225-pound linebacker Hoza Scott, who declined scholarship offers from Texas, Alabama, LSU, Florida, Notre Dame, USC and Oregon by the time he was a sophomore.

“He is an urban legend where we’re from because of the things he could do,” Bernard said. “He was the guy I wanted to be like, specifically, an All-American linebacker that was committed to Texas A&M as a high school sophomore. That was crazy, coming from my hometown.”

Scott didn’t play a down at Texas A&M or anywhere else. La Porte head coach Jeff LaReau kicked him off the team for academic reasons and suddenly needed another linebacker. LaReau, not liking what he had on junior varsity, elevated a 5-foot-11, 180-pound freshman.

“Hoza Scott was a phenomenon,” Whitely said, “but our defense didn’t miss a beat because of Terrel.

Always pains me to hear of this sort of wasted potential. The stories are numerous, many current NFL players say they weren’t even the best/fastest/most talented on their own block. 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I said.  🙄 

you said every other team should fire their coach because they can’t beat Reid and his Chiefs.  It would follow that no other coach could lead to the Bills beating the Reid and the Chiefs because they are simply unbeatable.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

you said every other team should fire their coach because they can’t beat Reid and his Chiefs.  It would follow that no other coach could lead to the Bills beating the Reid and the Chiefs because they are simply unbeatable.

Thanks-  I know what I said. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/22/2024 at 8:35 PM, Warcodered said:

Him and Milano back in action together as a dynamic duo makes this defense an exciting thing to think about.

And if the "thing" clicks for Dorian Willams we should have a dominating set of Linebackers that may help the front four in the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

awesome article.  This is the part that got me: 

"Compared to Edmunds’ 82 games as a Bills starter, including playoffs, Bernard in merely 18 games tallied only one fewer sack, two fewer interceptions and one fewer forced fumble with three more recoveries. Edmunds, twice a Pro Bowler, averaged 127 tackles. Bernard made 147."

8 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

awesome article.  This is the part that got me: 

"Compared to Edmunds’ 82 games as a Bills starter, including playoffs, Bernard in merely 18 games tallied only one fewer sack, two fewer interceptions and one fewer forced fumble with three more recoveries. Edmunds, twice a Pro Bowler, averaged 127 tackles. Bernard made 147."

All we heard from Edmunds was -  He "Just" missed making the ___________. (tackle, interception, fumble, reccovery)... But he is only 20....and has the speed to make a difference.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

All we heard from Edmunds was -  He "Just" missed making the ___________. (tackle, interception, fumble, reccovery)... But he is only 20....and has the speed to make a difference.

My favorite was “he’s making impact plays all the time, every game! You just don’t see them.” Contrast that with Bernard, his plays are very visible.

• Like (+1) 1