1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

You’re going to hear a lot about this - it almost plays out like the Showtime show Your Honor as far as the actions of a corrupt judge - but in this case AG Shapiro.

Essentially Shapiro let the fiancée Sam Goldberg off the hook bc he is connected to members of his family and gets political contributions from Goldberg’s new wife’s family.  They know each other.  

I found this on Reddit since the MSM is not going to cover it.  

Would hate for it to be shared……

Background:

•    ⁠Ellen Greenberg dies in 2011.
•    ⁠Her fiance Sam Goldberg is taken away in handcuffs, and her death is ruled a homicide by the medical examiner.
•    ⁠There's a meeting between the ME, the DA's office (pre-Krasner), and the PPD, after which ME changes the cause of death to suicide.  Sam is cleared.
•    ⁠Greenberg's family hires pre-DA Krasner (while he's still in private practice) to try and get the cause of death changed back to murder, to obtain information from the PPD and DA's Office, and to encourage them to investigate the case further.  He seems to be largely unsuccessful, as the case remains mostly dormant.
•    ⁠When Krasner gets elected as DA, his office can no longer be involved in the case due to an obvious conflict of interest.  So, in 2018, he refers it to Pennsylvania AG's Office (i.e., Shapiro).
•    ⁠Shapiro's office says that they looked at the case and agree with the suicide determination.
•    ⁠A True Crime Youtuber makes suggestions that Shapiro also has a conflict of interest.
•    ⁠The AG's Office (Shapiro) refers the case back to the Philly DA's Office (Krasner).  Their statement says that there's not actually a conflict, but there may be the appaearance of a conflict, so they're playing it safe.  This is the  only new development today.
•    ⁠Presumably, Krasner will refer it out again to another county's DA Office for investigation.  But that's unclear.  Maybe he just treats this as the end of the road.

Summary of Shapiro's alleged conflict:

•    ⁠Ellen's fiance Sam has long been speculated to be involved with Ellen's death for a bunch of reasons -- no suicide note, stabbing yourself 20 times is a weird way to kill yourself, some of the stab wounds were on Ellen's back of head and neck, she also had a bunch of bruises, etc.
•    ⁠This Youtuber claims that Sam called his cousin Kamian Schwartzman at 6:14 pm the night Ellen died, 17 minutes before he called 911 at 6:31 pm.  Kamian's dad, James Schwartzman,  also allegedly called Sam at 6:26 pm.
    ⁠•    ⁠Both Schwartzman's are lawyer, but James Schwatzman is pretty well politically connected.  He was appointed by Governor Wolf to the Court of Judicial Discipline, and now serves as its President.
    ⁠•    ⁠I looked at Youtuber's website for the source of these phonecalls, but it's listed as "Confidential."  So take it with a grain of salt.  But there is video of Kamian arriving at the apartment building at 6:34 pm (two minutes before the EMT arrive) which seemingly corroborates it.
•    ⁠Kamian's sister/James' daughter, Kim, went to high school with Josh Shapiro.  Kim and Josh Shapiro's kids now go to the same school and pay on the same basketball and volleyball teams.  There's photos of them standing next to each other at their kids' games.
•    ⁠Members of the Schwatzman family have also made political donations to Shapiro.
•    ⁠Youtuber suggests that this is a conflict of interest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Yeah.   These folks gonna support a guy that volunteered to fight for the IDF and is a zionist...

What are they saying?  "I scream.  You scream"????

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

I'm a Dem and I don't have a problem with Jews, so either you and your broad generalization is wrong or I don't exist. 

Now if you actually mean that Israel lead by Bibi is the problem, well it is, he is specifically. Weird that a hard right leader who is in legal trouble and will do any thing to stay in power and avoid jail. Where have we heard this before. And oddly where is he drawing his support from Extreme right religious groups. A MINORITY of the population. This should serve as a warning to the US about blurring the lines between religion and the state. 

I love your ability to just dismiss any one or anything to suit your world view. Must make you feel powerful calling me dishonest and naive. Go strong man you so strong. 😶

You seriously are comedy gold. You like Jews therefore the Dem party likes Jews. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

You seriously are comedy gold. You like Jews therefore the Dem party likes Jews. 

Actually the post said “democrats had a problem with Jews”.

maybe the poster could have written the Democratic Party has a problem with Israel and it would have been more clear what his point was. Or even better with bibi. 

as written I’m a dem I don’t have a problem with Jews, hence the previous statement is factually wrong. Funny right. 🤣

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

Actually the post said “democrats had a problem with Jews”.

maybe the poster could have written the Democratic Party has a problem with Israel and it would have been more clear what his point was. Or even better with bibi. 

as written I’m a dem I don’t have a problem with Jews, hence the previous statement is factually wrong. Funny right. 🤣

The problem is your party clearly does..........

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

The problem is your party clearly does..........

1. Maybe, we don’t know Shapiro is the vp pick (the “leak” could be a trial balloon floated to see what the backlash would be) 2. Not my party, but I get your point. 3. Will be important to watch how this unfolds, both Shapiro and the US Israeli relations. Biden gets a peace deal done and could be a big win for the Democratic Party. 4. Regardless the Democratic Party is a big tent party and we welcome divergent voices and opinions. This is a strength, not a weakness.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Starr-Bills said:

1. Maybe, we don’t know Shapiro is the vp pick (the “leak” could be a trial balloon floated to see what the backlash would be) 2. Not my party, but I get your point. 3. Will be important to watch how this unfolds, both Shapiro and the US Israeli relations. Biden gets a peace deal done and could be a big win for the Democratic Party. 4. Regardless the Democratic Party is a big tent party and we welcome divergent voices and opinions. This is a strength, not a weakness.

Divergent voices? Your party is anything but tolerent.

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

So you admit your party could dislike Jews and your ok with that? Peak tds

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Divergent voices? Your party is anything but tolerent.

So you admit your party could dislike Jews and your ok with that? Peak tds

OK, give me a couple examples of this intolerance you believe. (Note disagreements and discussion is not intolerance)

this from the party that hates women, LGBQ people, Black people, immigrants and Democrats but sure the Democratic Party is the intolerant party. OK crazy person.

and I said no such thing I said that the Democratic Party has an Israel problem specifically Israel’s policy towards the Palestinians as directed by Bibi.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

🎯

I don’t think this post is quite the burn you think it is.

Since we are not being told to vote for an old, lying, felon, rapist drug addict who wants to be a dictator (just on day one). 

to be honest I’d vote for a used napkin before I’d vote for that MAGA traitor. 

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

I don’t think this post is quite the burn you think it is.

Since we are not being told to vote for an old, lying, felon, rapist drug addict who wants to be a dictator (just on day one). 

to be honest I’d vote for a used napkin before I’d vote for that MAGA traitor. 

You are a drone, part of the hive mind collective. You regurgitate msm talking points and are a big reason why this country is in far worse shape than it was 4 years ago. You really take pride in being a lemming. You had it better under Trump, you just can't admit it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Walz moving up on the inside

I understand from the coverage that Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has moved up on the inside rail of Kamala Harris’s veepstakes. He appears to be among the top two, closing in on Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro. Senator Mark Kelly is lagging. Contrary to my impression, it was not a done deal for Shapiro.

I would still keep my money on Shapiro — along with the bettors here at PredictIt, who have Shapiro in first place on the home stretch at 61 cents (down 3 cents). Walz is at 33 cents, up 5 cents. As I say, Walz is moving up on the inside.

The Democrats supposedly have a strong bench. If Walz is among the final two on Harris’s list, I think it might be time for a reassessment of that proposition

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/08/walz-moving-up-on-the-inside.php