2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Color blindness is the opposite of Woke…it specifically judges you based on race…

Everything in that religion is categorized as either oppressed or oppressor…

If you are black you are automatically oppressed, and victim, in need of assistance to get ahead…If you are white, you are automatically the oppressor, in need of giving up your “privilege” (or rights) to the oppressed…

it is the opposite of MLK’s color blind philosophy…It seeks to hijack that philosophy in order to gain support for the new ideology…

Color blindness pertain to the Civil Rights Act of 1964…Wokeness, which is born out of Karl Marx’ ideology (oppressed vs oppressor) hates color blindness, because it only gets its power by dividing the culture through the means of giving special rights and treatment to specific groups…👍

I'm probably as far from Marxist that you will find.  Much more Rouseau (go Bills) and  Locke.  Let the winners win.   On an equal field.  We're all better off for that philosophy.  The cream rises to the top.  Runs things better.

cke.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I love Sheryl Crow…And I don’t care that she might have some different beliefs than I do…I’m sure she doesn’t agree with you on everything, even though you might share the same political party…

Everybody has differing political views…It doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy someone’s art, or be friends with them…Art transcends politics, because it is at the core of human expression- and everyone shares in that, regardless…👍

As far as “MAGA being king”- that’s not what it’s about…It’s about rejecting the Woke religion that seeks to undermine the Civil Right act (by actually discriminating based on race and gender),…And by rejecting a woke religion that seeks to undermine science, by denying the differences between the sexes…👍

Thats right. I have friends who voted for Trump.  I judge people by their character not their political beliefs.  But I’ll also add this…. 95% of all the liberals I know are not woke but center left.  The idea that liberals stand for wokeness is a media created narrative.  I’m not woke in the least.  But absurd woke ideas aren’t gonna scare me into voting for the GOP. Way more important issues than bathrooms out there. 

Edited by nedboy7

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I'm probably as far from Marxist that you will find.  Much more Rouseau (go Bills) and  Locke.  Let the winners win.   On an equal field.  We're all better off for that philosophy.  The cream rises to the top.  Runs things better.

cke.

I agree…most on the Left don’t realize they are supporting Neo-Marxist causes…This is mainly due to the fact that the political spectrum has greatly shifted to the Left over the passed 25 years…(What used to be liberal-Bill Clinton’s Defense of Marriage Act, is now considered far Right…Which means people who consider themselves liberals now, are radically to the left of that). So you can see the shift in that example, alone…

It wasn’t that wokeness didn’t exist in the 90s, it did…But it was on the fringes, considered extremely radical, and mocked in the mainstream for its absurdity…

…Now, the problem is, a color blind society requires something that the radical Left calls white supremacy- “responsibility” and “accountability”…

Unfortunately, , they want people to be responsible for the missteps and dubious actions of other individuals…

But Joe, even though we enjoy ribbing eachother and the back and forth, you are one of the few Left leaning posters I can respect on this board…I have noticed the times where you have sincerely tried to be a honest observer of things…

Just always keep an open mind, and question everything…There is agenda behind everything- even on the Right…👍

Edited by JaCrispy

19 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

@ChiGoose if I am wrong, how do you explain quotas for race and gender in all industries around the country? If government was promoting color blindness blacks wouldn’t be getting into ivy league schools scoring 400 points less on their Asian counterparts on the SAT’s…👍

Racial quotas have been illegal for almost half a century. 

Edited by ChiGoose

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Thats right. I have friends who voted for Trump.  I judge people by their character not their political beliefs.  But I’ll also add this…. 95% of all the liberals I know are not woke but center left.  The idea that liberals stand for wokeness is a media created narrative.  I’m not woke in the least.  But absurd woke ideas aren’t gonna scare me into voting for the GOP. Way more important issues than bathrooms out there. 

I know, I agree…

I disagree with the part about the media trying to paint all liberals as woke- and maybe I’m wrong…Maybe we see it the same, but are describing it differently…

But the way I see it, is the MSM tries to convince liberals that they are woke- the media is pushing the agenda of their billionaire sponsors and Establishment puppet masters…

Woke is not a grassroots movement, but rather one that is being funded by BIG money, and crammed down on the entire world against its will…

The goal, imo, is to create a 1 world religion, under a 1 world government, that is easier to control and maintain…

And you’re right- there are more important things than just bathrooms…That was just a little example of how absurd some of their solution ideas are…👍

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Racial quotas have been illegal for almost half a century. 

Exactly!

On the books they are illegal, but in practice they are accepted…That’s why we see overweight females on a security detail…You can’t tell me those individuals were the best qualified for that position…👍

32 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Problem is.. you’ve moved the Overton Window.   We no longer argue about gay marriage.  Now we’re arguing about children being allowed to access life altering treatments that are banned now in Europe.   Tim Walz signed a law allowing the state to take away your children if you don’t affirm their gender, including these treatments. 

At some point does any of this bother you?  Will it ever bother you, enough to at least abstain from supporting it?

Im sure I know the answer, but we’re approaching a cultural divide that lends itself to people being unable to view each other as neighbors if this continues….  If I knew my neighbor believed my child should be taken away because I opposed what I believe to be a phase … how can I not view you as my enemy?

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Problem is.. you’ve moved the Overton Window.   We no longer argue about gay marriage.  Now we’re arguing about children being allowed to access life altering treatments that are banned now in Europe.   Tim Walz signed a law allowing the state to take away your children if you don’t affirm their gender, including these treatments. 

At some point does any of this bother you?  Will it ever bother you, enough to at least abstain from supporting it?

Im sure I know the answer, but we’re approaching a cultural divide that lends itself to people being unable to view each other as neighbors if this continues….  If I knew my neighbor believed my child should be taken away because I opposed what I believe to be a phase … how can I not view you as my enemy?

Exactly, because if your neighbors believe in that ideology, how do you know they wouldn’t rat you out to the authorities/ especially if they concluded you were committing a crime against humanity, by not allowing gender treatment on your child?

You make a great point…

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a thousand times…The purpose of the Left is to push for change.  The purpose of the Right is to make sure we don’t drive ourselves off a cliff due to the unbridled change…You need both, but they have to be balanced…

Right now, the societal change is happening so rapidly, we have hardly had time to assess the unintended consequences…And it has lead to chaos, and borderline societal collapse…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Exactly, because if your neighbors believe in that ideology, how do you know they wouldn’t rat you out to the authorities/ especially if they concluded you were committing a crime against humanity, by not allowing gender treatment on your child?

You make a great point…

Speaking of which, Tim Walz set up a Covid snitch hotline to rat out anyone who violated stay at home orders. 

Kamala Harris won’t tell us where she stands, so all we can do is look at her past and then compare it to her VP.

Tim Walz presents himself as an aww shucks grandpa, but disregard all of the attacks, except his view on parents/kids/gender and his willingness to set up a neighborhood snitch program. 

That is the premise for turning neighbor against neighbor on a level we’ve never seen in this country.  

It’s a slow creep, until all of a sudden it’s happening.  I’m certainly hoping we don’t find out if that slow creep turns into, it’s happening, if these two get into office. 

The saving grace being states rights and my living down south.  So we just become Balkanized.  Something Tim Walz certainly knows about as he presided over record net migration out of Minnesota, mainly to Florida & Texas. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Speaking of which, Tim Walz set up a Covid snitch hotline to rat out anyone who violated stay at home orders. 

Kamala Harris won’t tell us where she stands, so all we can do is look at her past and then compare it to her VP.

Tim Walz presents himself as an aww shucks grandpa, but disregard all of the attacks, except his view on parents/kids/gender and his willingness to set up a neighborhood snitch program. 

That is the premise for turning neighbor against neighbor on a level we’ve never seen in this country.  

It’s a slow creep, until all of a sudden it’s happening.  I’m certainly hoping we don’t find out if that slow creep turns into, it’s happening, if these two get into office. 

The saving grace being states rights and my living down south.  So we just become Balkanized.  Something Tim Walz certainly knows about as he presided over record net migration out of Minnesota, mainly to Florida & Texas. 

People will always run to places where there is less authoritarianism/ it is in our nature to want to be more free, not less…

So it is no coincidence that over the last 4 years, blue states have seen losses, and red states have been rapidly growing in population…

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Well, Manly Man Josh, Angry Old Man Tim can't hold a candle to Angry Old Man Donald.

Just another one that won't stick.

The right wing insult machine isn't working. Could people be tiring of that same old crap?

Couched in those terms the answer is obvious.

DANCE WITH THE ONE THAT BRUNG YA: 

Waltzes With Wokeness.

Using old-fashioned “first to 270 wins” reasoning, picking Walz over Shapiro doesn’t make much sense. Nailing down Pennsylvania (which the Shapiro pick wouldn’t guarantee, but which would at least give the Democrats a better chance at) would be a big help in getting to 270.

Democrats also need Minnesota to win, but if they actually need Walz to secure blue-leaning Minnesota, the last midwestern “blue wall” state still standing in 2016, then the ticket has already lost.

No, the Walz pick indicates that the powers behind the throne in the Democratic Party are all-in on wokeness and social justice, even if it means losing the 2024 election to Trump. Because Walz has relentlessly pursued a woke agenda as governor.

Win or lose this or that election, the Left seems determined to rub your face in wokeness until you finally give up.

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=59477

• Agree 1