Just now, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

In order to pump up your preferred politicians, you are minimizing arson, and people losing their businesses. To use the word of the day that’s really weird. Beyond weird. Sick.

Can you show me where the buildings remain a pile of rubble? Because I can sure as the mail show you where they’re rebuilt.

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Can you show me where the buildings remain a pile of rubble? Because I can sure as the mail show you where they’re rebuilt.

Good for you. It’s essentially a no harm done situation, right?  

I’ve never been one to be fine with burning someone else’s business down. The fact that the building itself could be rebuilt is immaterial. I’m shocked that a moral Catholic like yourself is making the argument you are.

1 hour ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

As someone that wants the country gayer, shouldn’t you be applauding creative wiener usage?

nah, because not everyone who is gay has one. Let the ladies and theys get in on the fun too!

9 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Good for you. It’s essentially a no harm done situation, right?  

I’ve never been one to be fine with burning someone else’s business down. The fact that the building itself could be rebuilt is immaterial. I’m shocked that a moral Catholic like yourself is making the argument you are.

Dude this is ridiculous. Of course burning down buildings is bad. The difference between you and me is I recognize we moved on, rebuilt the businesses and places, and have a stronger country.

You and the other Republicans seem to frame Walz as handing out fire bombs and cheering as Minneapolis was reduced to Dresden, circa 1945. It’s absurd and an easily countered argument for the DNC. 

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It’s good that you’re nervous about Kamala and her running mate. So is trump. 

I think if any American, who follows the political process, says they aren’t nervous about the other side winning, they are being disingenuous….👍

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Dude this is ridiculous. Of course burning down buildings is bad. The difference between you and me is I recognize we moved on, rebuilt the businesses and places, and have a stronger country.

You and the other Republicans seem to frame Walz as handing out fire bombs and cheering as Minneapolis was reduced to Dresden, circa 1945. It’s absurd and an easily countered argument for the DNC. 

How many people lost their businesses and were unable to recover? You seem to think the number is zero. You have spent the last several minutes excusing arson. How did you ever get to such a point?

6 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

How many people lost their businesses and were unable to recover? You seem to think the number is zero. You have spent the last several minutes excusing arson. How did you ever get to such a point?

Show me then! How many did not recover? 

Again, no one is excusing arson, I’m waving away the notion that it’s some kind of doom cloud over Walz. 

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Show me then! How many did not recover? 

Again, no one is excusing arson, I’m waving away the notion that it’s some kind of doom cloud over Walz. 

An hour ago you were crowing that only .2% of buildings were burned down. To me, that equates to incredible hardship, heartbreak, and possibly worse for those affected. Feeling that way makes me a normal person. Go back and read what you have typed. To you it’s a political point with no harm done because everyone affected has been made whole. Sick and immoral. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

An hour ago you were crowing that only .2% of buildings were burned down. To me, that equates to incredible hardship, heartbreak, and possibly worse for those affected. Feeling that way makes me a normal person. Go back and read what you have typed. To you it’s a political point with no harm done because everyone affected has been made whole. Sick and immoral. 

SHOW ME HOW MANY BUSINESSES CLOSED THEN

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

SHOW ME HOW MANY BUSINESSES CLOSED THEN

You have internet access. If you prefer to live under the illusion of “no harm done” go for it.

I see in another thread that you had no concern for a person of color bemoaning the upheaval in her life caused by the riots and resultant damage. Your cavalier response “it got rebuilt”. Please spare us the “I have morals” routine going forward. 

8 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

You have internet access. If you prefer to live under the illusion of “no harm done” go for it.

I see in another thread that you had no concern for a person of color bemoaning the upheaval in her life caused by the riots and resultant damage. Your cavalier response “it got rebuilt”. Please spare us the “I have morals” routine going forward. 

Burden of proof is on you. Sounds like you just want to use the riots to push some nonsense agenda that Walz dropped a nuke on Minneapolis. 

1 hour ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

So Roundy is downplaying a 100% increase in buildings burned down in Minneapolis from 2019 to 2020?

Truly sick.  But par for the roundy course.

2 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

Completely different. The BLM/George Floyd protests were about unchecked police brutality the January sixth riot was an attempt to overthrow the government.

Also, you sure you want you wanna talk about the right wing acceleration lists who were setting fires all over the country hijacking peaceful protests so that you could post tweets about them years later.

I don’t think these are the winning points you think they are

I've roundly and routinely criticized the actions of 1/6 participants since 1/6.  It was a horrible day, and those that broke the law should have expected to be punished.    For those who participated peacefully, they no more were looking to overthrow the government than you. 

For BLM/Geo Floyd protests, for those who participated peacefully, I support their right to do so, though the actions of participants surely resulted in significant spread of COVID  and the pain, suffering and death that went hand in hand with the protests.  I've never understood why people in government supported and encouraged that behavior knowing full well the pain and suffering it would cause, but hey, people are complicated. 

Not all protests were peaceful, however, and in spite of your obviously flawed analysis, people were victimized, assaulted and murdered.  Neighborhoods were burned, property destroyed, and stores ransacked.  That is not in dispute, even for a cracker jack patriot like you.  

Finally, I did not suggest the talking points of the destruction in Minneapolis was a winning point, I simply pointed out that if the R leadership can successfully tie the civil unrest to the Harris VP, it may influence voters who are not true believers like you and Roundy. 

2 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

Typos happen. 

Sure, but when you're running with the old "You spelled ____ wrong" play, it's pretty funny.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.startribune.com/lake-street-progress-redevelopment-george-floyd-riots/600364728

A link for any dimwitted people such as @Roundybout that wish to minimize arson and declare all is well because everything has been rebuilt. It’s been four years after all! 

A couple excerpts:

Even so, roughly a dozen buildings demolished after the 2020 mayhem remain empty lots. Dozens of other structures, like O’Reilly and the nearby Third Precinct police station have sat scarred and boarded up, waiting for a renewal that some are not sure will ever come.

Migizi reopened in the new location in October. The resurrection helps, but Drummer’s heart still hurts. She and her husband miss their old neighbors at 27th and Lake. They and Ruhel Islam were the last to leave their buildings as smoke and fire enclosed them.

Four years later, their old block remains a barren jumble of weeds, like many lots along Lake Street where businesses once thrived.

Minimizing arson in support of politicians. Unbelievable. 

The Strib as it’s called is as liberal a paper as there is in America so any shooting of the messenger is unnecessary. 

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Shown. Now it’s your turn. 

Edited by Biden is Mentally Fit

3 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

https://www.startribune.com/lake-street-progress-redevelopment-george-floyd-riots/600364728

A link for any dimwitted people such as @Roundybout that wish to minimize arson and declare all is well because everything has been rebuilt. It’s been four years after all! 

A couple excerpts:

Even so, roughly a dozen buildings demolished after the 2020 mayhem remain empty lots. Dozens of other structures, like O’Reilly and the nearby Third Precinct police station have sat scarred and boarded up, waiting for a renewal that some are not sure will ever come.

Migizi reopened in the new location in October. The resurrection helps, but Drummer’s heart still hurts. She and her husband miss their old neighbors at 27th and Lake. They and Ruhel Islam were the last to leave their buildings as smoke and fire enclosed them.

Four years later, their old block remains a barren jumble of weeds, like many lots along Lake Street where businesses once thrived.

Minimizing arson in support of politicians. Unbelievable. 

The Strib as it’s called is as liberal a paper as there is in America so any shooting of the messenger is unnecessary. 

"This summer, an additional $120 million worth of building improvements are expected to hit the street."

"So far, an estimated $100 million in mostly private donations and millions more in insurance funds have gone into rebuilding Lake Street — a bustling multicultural corridor that stretches from Uptown in Minneapolis to the Mississippi River in St. Paul."

In the last four years, it’s been a hotbed of reconstruction, with promises of more to come. The historic Coliseum Building is close to reopening after a $29 million rehab. The Chicago Avenue Fire Arts Center rebuilding project is also nearly done. Midtown Global Market has completed the first phase of its rehab. And the new Abyssinia Cultural Center at 4th and Lake just opened a first-floor clinic and a third-floor ballroom."

“I am really thrilled,” said Sharkey on the day the excavator arrived to make quick work of the graffiti-covered O’Reilly store. “Just the fact that the blight is now going to be removed is great for the neighborhood. What is also exciting is that this property will now be owned by folks right here in our community.”

So yeah, they're rebuilding. And sounds like it's better than before. Exactly what I said earlier. 

If you think the 2020 riots will have any effect on the median voter, you are dead wrong. It's an easily countered "argument."

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

The difference between you and me is I recognize we moved on, rebuilt the businesses and places,

Nice work. You should confine yourself to commenting on things that you actually know about rather than things you hope to be true. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Exactly what I said earlier. 

What you said earlier is that it’s been rebuilt. You have sh*t all over yourself with your “knowledge” of the Twin Cities. Go outside and get some fresh air. You and anyone sharing your indoor space will both appreciate it.