10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I played in a foursome with 2 Jews this weekend. Both said Shapiro would hurt more than help due to antisemitism. I asked why they thought that. They said “ because we’ve lived it”

You mean Democrats wouldn’t come out to vote for a Harris/Shapiro ticket because they are antisemitic?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I love how every Dem defense of Tim Walz is something along the lines of “He’s so relatable”

You can’t run a campaign on vibes when you double down like this. 

Yes, the school food thing is great. I commend him for that.  That, and the fact he takes pictures with kids and cars, won’t win you the election if you can’t counter suburban moms being shown the George Floyd riots over and over again or moderate/disaffected R’s seeing his covid record and extremist views on gender affirming care for minors etc..

Nevermind the fact his state has seen an exodus to Florida under his watch. 

This race is back in Trump’s corner.. it’s up to him whether he wants to win or continue his grievance tour, post-RNC 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You didn't care about the Tara Reade situation, or the 10 or so women who were uncomfortable that he groped them, or his acknowledgement that he groped them, but only in the nicest way possible.  The same standard would apply to Shapiro, it would be a non-issue for the base.  

Sanders is the biggest poser in the senate, a caricature of a politician made famous for his crazy hair and old guy accent. Meanwhile, he's made himself a tidy sum of money while fighting for the little guy.  We do agree that the modern democrat party needs to have him at the table to run progressive causes.

As for his time as governor, his record will show what it shows.  It won't matter to his base, but if the Rs can target his weaknesses there's a shot they can turn off some independents. 

He's an old white guy and part of the patriarchy.   

The play here is to out him as an extremist, and tie what happened in the riots as that which is coming to your neighborhood if he and Harris get in.  

1) The Reade situation was fishy from the start whereas this Shapiro thing has legs. 

2) For now, the guy has to croak at some point though.

3) It will be interesting to see how the GOP markets free school lunch as a bad thing. 

4) The patriarchy? What? Also he’s only 60, he’s two years older than Harris and 18 years younger than Trump. 

5) but why would they come to my neighborhood? And it’s silly to argue this when Minneapolis is just fine, hell I’d argue it’s better than ever after Walz’ push for zoning reform. 

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That was 15 years ago.  Was it 5 votes?

they really got nothing, on him or to offer. All the felon party has to offer is a used hotdog skin on a corduroy couch sitting in the sun. 

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You didn't care about the Tara Reade situation, or the 10 or so women who were uncomfortable that he groped them, or his acknowledgement that he groped them, but only in the nicest way possible.  The same standard would apply to Shapiro, it would be a non-issue for the base.  

Sanders is the biggest poser in the senate, a caricature of a politician made famous for his crazy hair and old guy accent. Meanwhile, he's made himself a tidy sum of money while fighting for the little guy.  We do agree that the modern democrat party needs to have him at the table to run progressive causes.

As for his time as governor, his record will show what it shows.  It won't matter to his base, but if the Rs can target his weaknesses there's a shot they can turn off some independents. 

He's an old white guy and part of the patriarchy.   

The play here is to out him as an extremist, and tie what happened in the riots as that which is coming to your neighborhood if he and Harris get in.  

100% better than the older orange guy. 

14 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You mean Democrats wouldn’t come out to vote for a Harris/Shapiro ticket because they are antisemitic?

Your just pissed that the Dems played you again, floated Shapiro, let the rightwing media echo sphere (FSB) do the oppo research over the weekend and then went with a candidate who doesn't have his baggage. Thanks for playing.

13 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Your just pissed that the Dems played you again, floated Shapiro, let the rightwing media echo sphere (FSB) do the oppo research over the weekend and then went with a candidate who doesn't have his baggage. Thanks for playing.

“A” for effort….👍

But as a Trump supporter, I was more nervous about Shapiro because he’s a moderate young smooth talker like Obama…Thought he would have cleaned the floor with Vance in the debates…

Im much more relieved that Walz was the pick…He is much more radical in his views, and I think he makes the ticket easier to attack…👍

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

“A” for effort….👍

But as a Trump supporter, I was more nervous about Shapiro because he’s a moderate young smooth talker like Obama…Thought he would have cleaned the floor with Vance in the debates…

Im much more relieved that Walz was the pick…He is much more radical in his views, and I think he makes the ticket easier to attack…👍

I mean you are talking about US politics, so yea I can see how free school lunches are 'radical'.

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

I mean you are talking about US politics, so yea I can see how free school lunches are 'radical'.

These are the people that think the below tweet is some kind of attack:

They’re probably shocked the mom isn’t shirtless with Trump painted on her boobs and the dad isn’t wearing a Trump diaper 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

These are the people that think the below tweet is some kind of attack:

They’re probably shocked the mom isn’t shirtless with Trump painted on her boobs and the dad isn’t wearing a Trump diaper 

Why aren't they holding guns? Are they European?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

I’m sorry, I was referring to the tampons in boys restrooms…because we all know that males start to bleed once they reach puberty…😉

You guys have truly gone off the deep end with your extremism…sad part is, you can’t even see it..

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

1) The Reade situation was fishy from the start whereas this Shapiro thing has legs.

2) For now, the guy has to croak at some point though.

3) It will be interesting to see how the GOP markets free school lunch as a bad thing. 

4) The patriarchy? What? Also he’s only 60, he’s two years older than Harris and 18 years younger than Trump. 

5) but why would they come to my neighborhood? And it’s silly to argue this when Minneapolis is just fine, hell I’d argue it’s better than ever after Walz’ push for zoning reform. 

1.  Tara Reade story was no less/more fishy than the tale told by EJ Carroll or the Blasey Ford accusations against Brett Kavanaugh.  The main difference is that her allegations were against someone you support v someone you do not.  

2. I don't know what that means. 

3. I'd think the free lunch thing is probably not on the list of things they will be focusing on.  However, this story from NY would be one way to address the issue.  How do you like them apples?   

https://nypost.com/2024/08/04/us-news/nycs-doe-accepts-offer-for-nearly-5-6m-worth-of-apples-leaving-most-to-rot-ridiculous/

4. Trump would be part of the patriarchy. Harris would not, though she certainly partnered with the poster boy of the Washington patriarchy for the last several years.  

5.  Oh, let me clarify.  Poor wording on my part.  You're a true believer, that wasn't meant to be about "your", as in you.  I meant from the perspective of independent voters or those not convinced that the Harris/Walz ticket is the best path forward.  Btw, a quick search reveals that crime in Minneapolis is approx 150% higher than the national average.  

37 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

they really got nothing, on him or to offer. All the felon party has to offer is a used hotdog skin on a corduroy couch sitting in the sun. 

100% better than the older orange guy. 

You're in the true believer crowd, but you have earned a gold star for participation in your permanent record. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You couldn’t script a better campaign add for Trump 👍

Selecting this guy was truly a gift

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

“A” for effort….👍

It’s good that you’re nervous about Kamala and her running mate. So is trump.