12 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

She would continue the policies.  And why they talk about race and sex.  And the orange dude.  

Those are Trump policies idiot

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  Definitely go with someone perceived as closer to the middle than her as she's always been viewed as further to the left than Biden.  Shapiro just makes too much sense and I'd be shocked if he wasn't the pick.  

And he's from Pennsylvania and won the state easily 

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  Definitely go with someone perceived as closer to the middle than her as she's always been viewed as further to the left than Biden.  Shapiro just makes too much sense and I'd be shocked if he wasn't the pick.  

What’s he to the “center” on?

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

What’s he to the “center” on?

I said "closer to" which isn't a high bar to clear.  Progressives don't like him so that's a good start.  Mostly because of his support of increasing the number of police officers, lowering the PA corporate tax, his support for Israel, and his previous lack of support for any vaccine mandates. 

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I said "closer to" which isn't a high bar to clear.  Progressives don't like him so that's a good start.  Mostly because of his support of increasing the number of police officers, lowering the PA corporate tax, his support for Israel, and his previous lack of support for any vaccine mandates. 

No way he’s the nominee.  

It will be Moore or Pete

Trump is supposed to be the Rust Belt guy. 

He picked another Rust Belt guy.  

Just feels to me that they don’t see Veeps the same - the party bases seem to be driving this.  

Hatred of the VP later is the main reason and legacy.  

Obama - hated Biden vice versa

Trump - Pence 

Biden - Harris - Harris was probably calling the shots with Obama no way to know.  

And Bush’s legacy is tied to Cheney 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

No way he’s the nominee.  

It will be Moore or Pete

He's the betting favorite.  PA is the most coveted swing state.

On 7/23/2024 at 7:12 PM, Tiberius said:

I love Gretch Witmer. I mean what a campaign slogan!  "Two Cool Chicks, vs Two Real Di cks" 

I have a better slogan. Only ducks would vote for two braindead chicks. Much closer to the truth.

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MUSTN’T OFFEND THE DEMOCRATS OF DEARBORN: 

The Veep Sweepstakes: No Jews Need Apply.

https://pjmedia.com/rick-moran/2024/07/24/the-veep-sweepstakes-no-jews-need-apply-n4931021

I like how Trump - both times (2016 and now) - chose a Jewish VP.

Oh, wait ... he didn't. He chose VPs who say this is a Christian nation.

Jews should feel validated.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Jews should feel validated.

Stop.

Trump is far more pro Israel than that woman who skipped the Netanyahu address and has not yet condemned the pro Hamas violence, vandalism and flag burning last night could ever imagine.

She is their worst nightmare, and she has absolutely no understanding of the entire situation.

• Agree 1

On 7/21/2024 at 8:22 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Names being kicked about:

- Josh Shapiro, to help in PA

- James Stavridis (former NATO commander) to help with foreign policy/defense credentials

- Mark Kelly, to help in AZ 

Who'd you like to see?

Big Bird to smooth over the things she will wind up screwing up .

On 7/23/2024 at 7:12 PM, Tiberius said:

I love Gretch Witmer. I mean what a campaign slogan!  "Two Cool Chicks, vs Two Real Di cks" 

On second thought, Tibsy, this ticket might have way too much estrogen for America in the year of our Lord 2024. Let’s just go with my choice: Kentucky’s governor. Mama Kamala and America’s Generic Dad…the K-Hive teaming up with the B-Hive…swallowing the coconut pill and receiving the racehorse tranquilizer (a Kentucky Derby reference), etc… I even have the campaign slogan ready: “Spare us your fear. Choose Harris and Beshear.” Alternate slogan: “Kick it into gear with Harris and Beshear.” We can print these on green t-shirts so that they can color match with my green MAFA hats.

You: “What does the ‘F’ stand for, Kay?”

I’m so glad you asked, Tiberius!! The “F” stands for “Forested,” as in “Make America Forested Again.” The hats are conversation starters and are meant to spread awareness on the importance of reforestation efforts to meet our nation’s carbon sequestration targets, as outlined in both the “30 by 30” movement and the Paris Agreement. I plan to wear my brown yoga pants and brown ballet flats with the t-shirt and hat, so that I LITERALLY look like a tree. How cool is that?! Wouldn’t you like to be a tree for a day, Tiberius??

<< Narrator: Sensing the sudden discomfort in Tiberius, Kay decides to quickly change the conversation. >>

On 7/24/2024 at 9:34 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Sorry, I can't agree with doubling down on the progressive side.

Ever since Trump took over the Republican Party the middle has been wide open. Progressives will turn out; Trump as the candidate assures that.

The key is convincing the very small percentage of voters in the middle (and on the RFK "a pox on both their houses" fringe) that the Democrats won't tack wildly to the left. The Governors and Kelly help there. 

Allow me to clarify: Harris should consider adopting progressive policies that poll favorably for at least 60-65% of the GENERAL American population. At the absolute bare minimum, she must distance herself from Biden’s foreign policy on Israel-Palestine. I would also add transgender rights, regardless of wherever their current favorability polling happens to be, because these issues accentuate the fundamental mean-spiritedness of the Trump-Vance MAGA movement (and also because it’s a moral imperative of the Democrats to make the case for transgender rights like they did for gay marriage a decade ago).

You guys are falling into the same logical traps that killed Hillary’s 2016 campaign if you think far-left progressives have greater motivation to come out to vote against Trump than do center-left liberals/neoliberals and independents. In essence, progressives are known to be much more motivated by issues than by personalities or party affiliation. Liberals, centrists, and independents tend to be the opposite (broadly speaking, of course) when it comes specifically to Donald Trump.

I would also pay close attention to the sudden rise of Tim Walz, the (very) progressive governor of Minnesota. The mere fact that he’s now being mentioned in corporate media conversations for VP suggests to me that the Biden/Harris campaign machine has alarming internal polling data…data showing establishment Dems to be in SERIOUS trouble with Midwest progressives.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve heard Mark Kelly has some friction with the Unions?  Not sure if that’s true. 

Could signal a move from PA/MI/WI to AZ/GA/NC

Shapiro helps in PA but hurts in MI and does nothing for AZ, GA or NC. 

It seems like it has to be one of those two.  

Both have electoral upside and downside. 

• Like (+1) 1

2e57a80a-5a59-40f4-904d-875f144d1c0c-105

Another person who is being vetted, according to reports, is Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona - a Democrat in an otherwise fairly red state (recent elections notwithstanding). But Kelly isn't just a U.S. senator. He's also the husband of former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords and, with her, co-founded the Giffords gun control advocacy group. That group, as it turns out, is pledging $15 million to help the Harris campaign.

Let me reiterate that: Mark Kelly's gun control advocacy group has pledged $15 million in order to help the Harris campaign while Kelly is under consideration to be Harris' running mate.

To NBC's credit, they asked the obvious question:

Brown declined to comment on the fact that Harris is vetting a co-founder of the group, Sen. Mark Kelly, D-Ariz., former Rep. Giffords’ husband, saying it isn’t getting involved in “the vice president speculation.”

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2024/07/26/is-sen-mark-kelly-trying-to-buy-his-way-onto-the-kamala-harris-ticket-n2177396

Josh Shapiro is too moderate, hetero and Jewish to be the Harris VP.

He's doing a good job here in PA.  A pleasant surprise, and he speaks well.  He can run his own campaign in 2028.   

• Thank you (+1) 1