1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Jennifer Rubin is making the argument that it should be two women, like Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan, a good German women. 

That would work! 

I gotta think Whitmer is smarter than this

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

First step to her becoming President 

No.  It's the first step to losing in November.  What a mess.  

On 7/21/2024 at 8:22 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Names being kicked about:

- Josh Shapiro, to help in PA

- James Stavridis (former NATO commander) to help with foreign policy/defense credentials

- Mark Kelly, to help in AZ 

Who'd you like to see?

I really like Andy Beshear, the current governor of Kentucky. He would present himself as a nice complement to Harris and a nice countervailing force to Vance. I’d also be fine with J.B. Pritzker and Gretchen Whitmer.

The most realistic pick, however, is probably Roy Cooper because of his current working relationships with Biden/Harris and because of the perception of North Carolina as a key Southern swing state.

FYI…progressives will NOT support Josh Shapiro (genocide apologist), James Stavridis (imperialist), or Mark Kelly (anti-labor). Harris can’t win the “northern blue firewall” (Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania) without sufficient support from progressives, and a practical path to 270 EC votes becomes too difficult for the Democratic Party without all three of those states. So it’s perfectly reasonable to think of progressives as the power brokers of 2024. Whether or not Bernie, Jayapal, and The Squad are willing to utilize this power to actually influence Kamala’s policy agenda is another matter altogether.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

I really like Andy Beshear, the current governor of Kentucky. He would present himself as a nice complement to Harris and a nice countervailing force to Vance. I’d also be fine with J.B. Pritzker and Gretchen Whitmer.

The most realistic pick, however, is probably Roy Cooper because of his current working relationships with Biden/Harris and because of the perception of North Carolina as a key Southern swing state.

FYI…progressives will NOT support Josh Shapiro (genocide apologist), James Stavridis (imperialist), or Mark Kelly (anti-labor). Harris can’t win the “northern blue firewall” (Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania) without sufficient support from progressives, and a practical path to 270 EC votes becomes too difficult for the Democratic Party without all three of those states. So it’s perfectly reasonable to think of progressives as the power brokers of 2024. Whether or not Bernie, Jayapal, and The Squad are willing to utilize this power to actually influence Kamala’s policy agenda is another matter altogether.

I love Gretch Witmer. I mean what a campaign slogan!  "Two Cool Chicks, vs Two Real Di cks" 

Edited by Tiberius
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Sorry, I can't agree with doubling down on the progressive side.

Ever since Trump took over the Republican Party the middle has been wide open. Progressives will turn out; Trump as the candidate assures that.

The key is convincing the very small percentage of voters in the middle (and on the RFK "a pox on both their houses" fringe) that the Democrats won't tack wildly to the left. The Governors and Kelly help there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, B-Man said:

:w00t:

I hope it's Bootyjuice. Let's see how progressive the left really is. Would they elect an Indian/Jamaican communist woman plus a gay man? I've been talking to family members who are anti Trump but were already likely not voting for Kamala let alone a homosexual. I personally don't care but I know many potential voters do even if they hate Trump

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I hope it's Bootyjuice. Let's see how progressive the left really is. Would they elect an Indian/Jamaican communist woman plus a gay man? I've been talking to family members who are anti Trump but were already likely not voting for Kamala let alone a homosexual. I personally don't care but I know many potential voters do even if they hate Trump

I'm afraid you're right about the last part.

Pete is sharp, clear, smart, and a great contrast to the new-style JD Vance. And Vance actually has less relevant experience than Pete. But I just don't think it'll work.

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Pete is sharp, clear, smart, and a great contrast to the new-style JD Vance. And Vance actually has less relevant experience than Pete. But I just don't think it'll work.

They had to run Kamala. Might as well go full 🤡 and break those barriers now with Mayor Pete so next time it won't be so jarring to older folks

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ever since Trump took over the Republican Party the middle has been wide open. Progressives will turn out; Trump as the candidate assures that.

The key is convincing the very small percentage of voters in the middle (and on the RFK "a pox on both their houses" fringe) that the Democrats won't tack wildly to the left. The Governors and Kelly help there. 

Good counter points.  

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, if Pete weren't gay he might already be front runner.  Sad but true imo.

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah.  Definitely go with someone perceived as closer to the middle than her as she's always been viewed as further to the left than Biden.  Shapiro just makes too much sense and I'd be shocked if he wasn't the pick.