How many wins do the Minn Vikings get this year?

21 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Agree with all of that. It is why I said they were a caught swing pass away from missing and the hype train is way different.

I'd have to go through schedules game by game, they've added pieces this year to an offense that seems very SF/Miami though and their defense is still a pretty good unit.  

Dell coming back will help them continue to stretch field, diggs gives them a great route running option who can play inside and out. 

Not a huge joe mixon fan, and i think teams are going to force them to run the ball more this year.  Their offensive line should allow them to continue to have success there.

Defensively they mostly treaded water - Lost Greenard, Rankins, Cashman - brought in Hunter, Autry, Al-Shaair.  

I dunno - they're a good team, the team "most likely" to miss the playoffs after winning the division last year is probably buffalo because of all the turnover, or maybe Dallas with all their drama.  Houstons just my pick because like jax the year before, everyone would not shut up about how they're going to take a step and they have the best coach, and their QB during weeks 13-16 or whatever was the best QB in history, and they added Diggs to the WR room.  I hate trendy picks 🙂 

20 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I'd have to go through schedules game by game, they've added pieces this year to an offense that seems very SF/Miami though and their defense is still a pretty good unit.  

Dell coming back will help them continue to stretch field, diggs gives them a great route running option who can play inside and out. 

Not a huge joe mixon fan, and i think teams are going to force them to run the ball more this year.  Their offensive line should allow them to continue to have success there.

Defensively they mostly treaded water - Lost Greenard, Rankins, Cashman - brought in Hunter, Autry, Al-Shaair.  

I dunno - they're a good team, the team "most likely" to miss the playoffs after winning the division last year is probably buffalo because of all the turnover, or maybe Dallas with all their drama.  Houstons just my pick because like jax the year before, everyone would not shut up about how they're going to take a step and they have the best coach, and their QB during weeks 13-16 or whatever was the best QB in history, and they added Diggs to the WR room.  I hate trendy picks 🙂 

I was out on Jax last year (indeed I said Houston could win that division). I am not out on Houston this year. They are built on stronger foundations than the Jags were.

35 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

It could be Randy Moss, T.O and Calvin Johnson, it wouldn’t matter with Sam Darnold at QB. 

To be honest I didn't even know Darnold was on the Vikings. There is no chance he starts over McCarthy right?

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I was out on Jax last year (indeed I said Houston could win that division). I am not out on Houston this year. They are built on stronger foundations than the Jags were.

They have a strong offensive line which tends to translate to wins over the length of a season.  

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They have a strong offensive line which tends to translate to wins over the length of a season.  

They are also good at the premium positions. Stroud at QB, Diggs, Collins and Dell at WR, Tunsil at LT, Anderson and Hunter at EDGE, Stingley at CB. When you are good in those spots you win close games more often than not. I think they will win some of the games folks are marking as surefire losses on their schedule get to 10 or 11 wins and that will win a weak AFC South. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

They are also good at the premium positions. Stroud at QB, Diggs, Collins and Dell at WR, Tunsil at LT, Anderson and Hunter at EDGE, Stingley at CB. When you are good in those spots you win close games more often than not. I think they will win some of the games folks are marking as surefire losses on their schedule get to 10 or 11 wins and that will win a weak AFC South. 

That December run is tough - @Jags, Bye, Miami, @KC, Baltimore, @tenn (in january).  Gonna need two, ideally three wins.  

@Dal (say what you want they were 8-0 at home last year), Det, Buf, @NYJ , @GB on there too.  Couple hiccups and they could be in some must win games down that final stretch.  

5 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

That December run is tough - @Jags, Bye, Miami, @KC, Baltimore, @tenn (in january).  Gonna need two, ideally three wins.  

@Dal (say what you want they were 8-0 at home last year), Det, Buf, @NYJ , @GB on there too.  Couple hiccups and they could be in some must win games down that final stretch.  

But I am confident they will get them. I don't think this is a plucky overachiever. I think they have very good talent at the premium positions in the modern NFL. Unless Stroud turns into a pumpkin (which I don't expect) the Texans win the South.

On 7/21/2024 at 7:12 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm not high on McCarthy, but I also though Stroud would suck. Never big on the QB's that come from the schools with the most talent. It does feel to me though that McCarthy is closer to a mobile Mac Jones than he is CJ Stroud. With the right team, McCarthy could have some immediate success similar to Mark Sanchez. But I don't see him being a 15 year franchise QB that lasts in this league. 

Did you think Burrow would suck, too?

1 hour ago, jaybills said:

Did you think Burrow would suck, too?

I didn’t have much of an opinion on Burrow since he was a transfer that only played one year at LSU. 

LSU is good but not the power houses Alabama and Michigan have been with their dominant o-lines and running games in recent years.