How many wins do the Minn Vikings get this year?

20 hours ago, Gonzonzo said:

In Diggs trade we got texans or vikings 2nd round pick?

They got minnesota 2nd in Diggs deal.

Vikings snd Bills both play A-South and NFC West and thry have common opponents in bills st lions, jets at Vikings.

outside the QB change I’m unsure how much other changes they made. 

It depends on how much the rookie QB plays. I think Darnold is their QB to start the year.

one of the players they drafted got killed in a car accident in suburban DC. Drunk driver hit their car.

It’s all about confidence in the team. They coukd be a 3/4 win team but they could be a near 500 team.

Edited by djp14150
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Kevin O'Connell going to learn the "careful what you wish for" lesson of moving on from a headstrong vet QB like Cousins to a rookie who will listen to/do everything he says in JJ McCarthy.

I think Darnold starts at least 8 games, so they may end up with 3ish wins there. Then switch to JJ who might pull off 1 more win.

So yeah, 3-4 wins tops.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for heads to roll in the FO/Coaching staff.

They didn't want to lose Kirk. Atlanta just offered more. Still think the rest of the roster is too strong to only win 3 or 4. 6 minimum IMO.

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They didn't want to lose Kirk. Atlanta just offered more. Still think the rest of the roster is too strong to only win 3 or 4. 6 minimum IMO.

Depends on your definition of "they". Some in the FO and ownership? Most likely.

But it was pretty clear that KOC wanted someone more malleable and moldable who would do exactly what he said and only what he said, his way. Their conflicts were evident even in the kumbaya-editing of Quarterbacks on Netflix.

I'm sure KOC would only speak positively of Kirk, and I dont think there is any real animosity there. But there has definitely been frustration with KOC trying to implement his system and Kirk doing his own thing on the field. The mild success KOC was able to have with QBs like Josh Dobbs gave him enough rope to convince the FO to make these moves.

Sure, if Cousins wanted to re-sign at $20M/yr of course they wouldve done it. No brainer. But in reality, given Kirk's market and KOC wanting to establish himself, they got JJ.

I dont disagree on the 6+ wins. Just like it's tough to win games in the NFL, it's also tough to suck to the level of 4 or less wins.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

17 hours ago, JP51 said:

Time will tell... I think the Pats is all about is Drake Maye a significant upgrade at QB.  I see the Titans in the 5 win I think they will get at least 2 out of their division they always play tough there. Panthers I see as the closest to a 2 win team if Bryce Young is as porcelain doll fragile as I think he is... But what I love is every year there are surprises. We can compare notes after the season... LOL but not gonna lie, you have as much chance at being right as I do... fun to predict. 

my dark horse pick is IND goes 11-6 with Richardson and HOU misses at 9-8

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Depends on your definition of "they". Some in the FO and ownership? Most likely.

But it was pretty clear that KOC wanted someone more malleable and moldable who would do exactly what he said and only what he said, his way. Their conflicts were evident even in the kumbaya-editing of Quarterbacks on Netflix.

I'm sure KOC would only speak positively of Kirk, and I dont think there is any real animosity there. But there has definitely been frustration with KOC trying to implement his system and Kirk doing his own thing on the field. The mild success KOC was able to have with QBs like Josh Dobbs gave him enough rope to convince the FO to make these moves.

Sure, if Cousins wanted to re-sign at $20M/yr of course they wouldve done it. No brainer. But in reality, given Kirk's market and KOC wanting to establish himself, they got JJ.

I dont disagree on the 6+ wins. Just like it's tough to win games in the NFL, it's also tough to suck to the level of 4 or less wins.

I agree KOC wants to a QB who paints by numbers. That is what that Shanahan style scheme requires. It does not want Quarterbacks freelancing at all. I'd be surprised if he actually wanted to move off Kirk though. I think his ideal plan was to keep Kirk and bring in another QB to sit and learn. I think that was part of Kirk going to Atlanta he thought that would be 2-3 years as the undisputed starter..... only for the Falcons to then draft a QB as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

my dark horse pick is IND goes 11-6 with Richardson and HOU misses at 9-8

I would love to see HOU miss.... not to be hateful LOL but I would... 

1 minute ago, JP51 said:

I would love to see HOU miss.... not to be hateful LOL but I would... 

I love Stroud and what they are doing... but someone made a great point that HOU was a dropped flat pass away from missing the playoffs and division. For as much promise as they showed they went 7-3 in one score games which means the pendulum swings back this year in those games which means they need to win more games straight up. On their side turnovers they were middle of the league and they did not feast on TDs on defense so that is a positive. 

I expect them to make the playoffs, but yearly there is team which comes on hot and makes the playoffs and then the next year fails to meet expectations. I personally expect the Browns to be the team that falls back to earth at like 7-10 as they don't have good QB play while feasting off one score wins and crazy turnover luck, but not impossible HOU goes 8-9 as things go a little off path.

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree KOC wants to a QB who paints by numbers. That is what that Shanahan style scheme requires. It does not want Quarterbacks freelancing at all. I'd be surprised if he actually wanted to move off Kirk though. I think his ideal plan was to keep Kirk and bring in another QB to sit and learn. I think that was part of Kirk going to Atlanta he thought that would be 2-3 years as the undisputed starter..... only for the Falcons to then draft a QB as well. 

Being out in an Atlanta sports bar for the draft when that pick was made is one of my all time real life sports highlights.  Absolute chaos. :lol:

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

I love Stroud and what they are doing... but someone made a great point that HOU was a dropped flat pass away from missing the playoffs and division. For as much promise as they showed they went 7-3 in one score games which means the pendulum swings back this year in those games which means they need to win more games straight up. On their side turnovers they were middle of the league and they did not feast on TDs on defense so that is a positive. 

I expect them to make the playoffs, but yearly there is team which comes on hot and makes the playoffs and then the next year fails to meet expectations. I personally expect the Browns to be the team that falls back to earth at like 7-10 as they don't have good QB play while feasting off one score wins and crazy turnover luck, but not impossible HOU goes 8-9 as things go a little off path.

I think my expectations are that Stroud takes a step forward this year. If that happens I think they are in and making noise.  I think that my reason for hoping they dont is selfish.. and not even Diggs related... Stroud becoming yet another elite QB in our conference is obviously concerning... my hope is that he stays in the very good category. But lets face it from what I saw in his rookie year the kids got the goods...  

On 7/23/2024 at 11:16 AM, corta765 said:

They're a good team, and there is a lot of young talent there.  But the reasons I see them missing the playoffs?

The first place schedule is humbling - @Dal, @KC, Baltimore are the uncommon opponents.  They go 0-3 in those games and now one of those NYJ, Buf, Mia games becomes must win to even make the playoffs.  Last year the uncommons were NYJ, Den, and Arizona.  They play kc and baltimore in 2 of the last 3 weeks.  

They're hunted not hunters.  Nobody is going to be shocked going into games against the Texans offense. 

The Jaguars are better than their record a year ago indicated.  

The colts went 9-8 with Minshew last year.  If Richardson is healthy they could be a tougher out than people think.  

Strouds indoor/outdoor splits - 2-3 in 5 outdoor games against Balt, Jax, Carolina, NYJ, and Cinci (Unfortunately buffalo will be on the road against them this year).  Their outdoor games this year are NE, GB, NYJ, Jax, KC, Tenn.  

• Disagree 1

On 7/22/2024 at 6:29 PM, Process said:

The combo of Jefferson - Addison - TJ is too good for them to only win a few games in my opinion. 6-7 seems more likely. 

AND Aaron Jones, who averaged 117 rushing yards per game, at 5.7 ypc over the last 3 weeks of the season and 2 playoff games.  

He was on an absolute tear!  

They are going to have to score a ton of points because their defense and STs are going to be terrible.  But going from Cousins to Darnold, and especially a rookie, will be a major downgrade.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They're a good team, and there is a lot of young talent there.  But the reasons I see them missing the playoffs?

The first place schedule is humbling - @Dal, @KC, Baltimore are the uncommon opponents.  They go 0-3 in those games and now one of those NYJ, Buf, Mia games becomes must win to even make the playoffs.  Last year the uncommons were NYJ, Den, and Arizona.  They play kc and baltimore in 2 of the last 3 weeks.  

They're hunted not hunters.  Nobody is going to be shocked going into games against the Texans offense. 

The Jaguars are better than their record a year ago indicated.  

The colts went 9-8 with Minshew last year.  If Richardson is healthy they could be a tougher out than people think.  

Strouds indoor/outdoor splits - 2-3 in 5 outdoor games against Balt, Jax, Carolina, NYJ, and Cinci (Unfortunately buffalo will be on the road against them this year).  Their outdoor games this year are NE, GB, NYJ, Jax, KC, Tenn.  

Agree with all of that. It is why I said they were a caught swing pass away from missing and the hype train is way different.

On 7/22/2024 at 1:24 PM, LeGOATski said:

There are two fool proof ways to go about it with a rookie QB.

1. You play the vet first, let him keep or lose the job, then play the rookie and never look back.

2. You play the rookie and never look back.

The one thing you can't do is flip flop.

Im always of the mindset to let the vets start and give the rookie time to adjust to the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1