Getting to Know Kamala and Her Successes in Office

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Sure, but Harris has the love of a huge part of the party and dumping her now would be a hassle the party does not need now. 

Just being a women in this election cycle is a huge advantage for Dems. Going after the people who want to punish women for making health care decisions is better led by a women 

MY opinion as an independent...she is a terrible candidate and they have better options..but then again everyone has an opinioni.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

MY opinion as an independent...she is a terrible candidate and they have better options..but then again everyone has an opinioni.

Fair enough, I tend to see her as strong for this election in particular, and the only real option, also. 

4 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I am no expert....there are others in battlegound states that might be better.  Harris being from California does not do much in a state that really matters.  Why would Michelle Obama be a candidate for president?

Majority of the populace are single issue voters and don't particularly pay much attention to politics.  People like Josh Shapiro and Mark Kelly are unknowns outside of their own states.   Barack Obama on the other hand was hugely popular among the democrat party, and I'm sure he would love having a 4th term.  Michelle checks the all the boxes that Democrat voters prioritize these days being both female and black.   I believe she has stated in the past that she wasn't interested in running for office, but the fact that Barack did not come out and endorse Kamala is interesting.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Just being a women in this election cycle is a huge advantage for Dems. Going after the people who want to punish women for making health care decisions is better led by a women 

is that mansplaining?  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I am no expert....there are others in battlegound states that might be better.  Harris being from California does not do much in a state that really matters.  Why would Michelle Obama be a candidate for president?

For some, simply because she was married to Barry.  And that's all that matters to them.

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

Like most Democrats, Kamala Harris thinks the government is there to run your life -- from cradle to grave. That there isn't a facet of your day-to-day living in which government shouldn't have a say and control.

WATCH: Kamala Harris Says Government Should 'Educate' Americans on Eating, Including Banning Red Meat

Kamala Harris: I love a cheeseburger from time to time but we do have to be more informed on the effect of eating that kind of food on ourselves and the environment. But we have to strike a balance with how much of a role the government can play in doing so.

B-Man quoting someone else's tweet most likely: She wants the Gubberment to dictate what we eat!!!!

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Would not let this campaign for 12 months. 

Bc Democracy 

I mean it's not like she has a history of creating programs that lowered reoffender rates.....oh wait.

15 hours ago, Lost said:

You can be okay with that nomination process if u like, just stop all the nonsense talk about saving democracy.   There's nothing democratic happening here.  Its just gaining/maintaining power at all costs.  

She still has to be elected in the general election that hasn't changed, anyone else could run against both of them as an independent, parties get to pick their candidate the general election is when the President is chosen, though the electoral college is it's own cluster*****. The reason primaries have become such a massive part of the election is because we've' become a two party system.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

She still has to be elected in the general election that hasn't changed, anyone else could run against both of them as an independent, parties get to pick their candidate the general election is when the President is chosen, though the electoral college is it's own cluster*****. The reason primaries have become such a massive part of the election is because we've' become a two party system.

This is why I am for states going to the California "jungle primary" model. The two leading primary vote-getters get on the ballot, regardless of party affiliation.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

:lol:

"Pole" numbers....

Does he have people on standby with fire extinguishers in case he spontaneously bursts into flame when he calls anyone else a liar?

Edited by Warcodered

On 7/21/2024 at 4:57 PM, JDHillFan said:

Intro

Well at least there is a good start she knows she is a women & that she is sitting at a table - in a blue out fit - 3 for 3 on that one !!! But i'll just bet it's all down hill from there !!! 

6 minutes ago, T master said:

Well at least there is a good start she knows she is a women & that she is sitting at a table - in a blue out fit - 3 for 3 on that one !!! But i'll just bet it's all down hill from there !!! 

Hey, I know what we should do now; let's make fun of blind people!

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Hey, I know what we should do now; let's make fun of blind people!

Finally! You’ve had regular “fun” with gays, trans, addicts, Jews, and women’s appearances to include acne scars. Now we know where you draw the line. Kudos to you for opening up on what you find distasteful. 

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Finally! You’ve had regular “fun” with gays, trans, addicts, Jews, and women’s appearances to include acne scars. Now we know where you draw the line. Kudos to you for opening up on what you find distasteful. 

Oh, I'm the one starting topics like "transsurrection." Jews? I've never made fun of Jews. I have called out the ultra-orthodox in a way that the majority of Israelis do.

As for women's appearances (and men's for that matter): only when they try to present themselves as hot/glamorous in a way unbefitting a political candidate. And that includes you, Matt Gaetz.

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Let’s go!!!!!!!

The one-handed crack does tell me that she actually bakes.

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, I'm the one starting topics like "transsurrection." Jews? I've never made fun of Jews. I have called out the ultra-orthodox in a way that the majority of Israelis do.

As for women's appearances (and men's for that matter): only when they try to present themselves as hot/glamorous in a way unbefitting a political candidate. And that includes you, Matt Gaetz.

The one-handed crack does tell me that she actually bakes.

You whitewashed Jews from your incredibly idiotic defense of presidents from elite universities when they were the central matter of the entire affair. You can pretend that eliminating them from the discussion was for illustration purposes all you like. 

You made childish comments about Gabbard. Now that your memory has been jogged I’m sure you have an explanation for why that was acceptable. At least now we know that you draw the line at blindness. Good for you. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You whitewashed Jews from your incredibly idiotic defense of presidents from elite universities when they were the central matter of the entire affair. You can pretend that eliminating them from the discussion was for illustration purposes all you like. 

While I'm glad that you read my posts so closely, I'm afraid you're wrong. I said that as an application of the university's policies, the decision was correct. 

22 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You made childish comments about Gabbard.

Yes, childish. But part of Gabbard's whole shtick is "hot surfer girl military/congresswoman." I'm sure you've perused her publicity photos. Probably for longer than it took you to read my lengthy comments here. As I said, you present yourself in ways inconsistent with what I believe a congresswoman or political candidate should do by focusing on your appearance, I consider it fair game to poke fun at your appearance.

Matt Gaetz, anyone?