Lamar Jackson sent home sick with illness

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Yeah. I do think he deserved his first MVP award.

And as much as I wanted Josh to win in 2020, Aaron Rodgers deserved it over him that year as well.

2023 is the first time that I feel like Josh Allen was well and truly shafted for MVP. But even if Josh didn't win it, CMC was more deserving than Lamar, IMO.

It was the ultimate "let's just re-name it the 'most outstanding quarterback' award" season. So dumb.

Allen was never in the MVP conversation last season.  He finished 5th in the voting well behind Prescott, CMC, and Purdy.

The MVP is 50% a team award anyway.   Once the Ravens dominated the 49ers in Week 16, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Jackson was going to win it, especially since CMC and Purdy splitted the 49er vote pretty evenly.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I like Lamar Jackson. 

He seems like a cool, genuine, likable person. He isn't outwardly arrogant or braggadocios or unlikable in any way to me. Just a good player who consistently plays an exciting brand of football. 

He has gone from being told he should switch to WR despite a sensational college career, to being a two time league MVP. As Josh Allen says, "it's hard not to root for him".

Like others, I feel that the amount of accolades he receives relative to, say, Josh Allen, is sometimes unreasonable. I also feel like he is often given some benefit of the doubt that Josh is not given, despite Josh being unarguably superior in the playoffs. I also flat out think that Josh Allen is a better quarterback. But any frustration I have is at the media or the sports-watching world for the seeming double standards and selective recognition. None of the ill will goes toward Jackson himself.

Great player.

I totally agree.   He's an excellent QB, not on the same level as Mahomes and Allen, but certainly among the top five or six in the league.  I think that he would be a better passer if the Ravens had replaced Roman sooner and moved to install a better passing offense.  Roman is great at taking a young kid and turning him into a successful dual threat QB but that kid is never going to develop as an NFL-caliber passer with Roman as OC.

Lamar does seem to have some health issues separate from football injuries.  I think he's missed either all or part of a few games because of "illness".   I remember one game where he left because he was sick and came back later and lit up.  Maybe he has a chronic health condition that flares up from time to time or maybe he's just been unlucky and catches any nasty bug going around.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

I just got COVID for 2nd time and it was not fun. It’s been more than 2 weeks and I’m still coughing up gunk. 

I’ve had it once, it wasn’t fun, get well, so you can enjoy the fun that is training camp and preseason, 👍